Role Play Challenge: "Will the Real Suryavarman Please Stand Up?"

By far your best RPC madscientist-complete chaos. Somehow you managed to keep track of all of the clones and extinguish them all. You are definitely a glutton for punishment for playing this insane game.

Here are the true identities, edited in to Mad's guesses.
Myself = Suleiman
Orange = Cyrus??
Light Blue Sury = Gandhi ??
Dark Blue Sury = Sal?? Justinian
Grey Sury = Mansa Musa??? Hatshepsut
Orange Sury's Vassal = Some other Zealot?? Isabella
The early rushed Sury = ?????????? Washington

Note since there is confusion regarding colors, this image based on one of the early looks at the scoreboard also shows the true personalities:

Well done Mad! This was highly entertaining and that whole victory/not-victory was the perfect ending. :goodjob:

Here are the true identities, edited in to Mad's guesses.

Note since there is confusion regarding colors, this image based on one of the early looks at the scoreboard also shows the true personalities:

Well done Mad! This was highly entertaining and that whole victory/not-victory was the perfect ending. :goodjob:

Thanks Dresdan,

Justinian and Hatty I guess made sense although I am surprised Hatty was still willing to trade after that long war. I do recall sharing a favorite civic with that leader now, and I thought at the time it was HR, but I guess it was OR.

You could have taken peace with orange sury and gifted a few cities to him to save you from the Dom win. The redeclared 10 turns later to keep him from resteeling open lands

You could have taken peace with orange sury and gifted a few cities to him to save you from the Dom win. The redeclared 10 turns later to keep him from resteeling open lands

I actually considered this but not sure if the cities would have been a forced keep anyway and I would just have to hunt down 5 more Orange cities.

Best to end it like I did, a win that was not really a win, or a loss that was not really a loss. So fitting for this RPC and Sury in particular.

Mad, kudos for playing out this entertaining, insane game. Next game should go a bit easier on your sanity. ;)

I say that Sury will be a BAD threat later ingame. Sury will probably go for cultural or space, because he is such a peacemonger while i think sury will aggressively attack. Keep an eye on Sury and Sury, because you never know when Sury will backstab Sury. If he does, attack Sury so you can stay on Sury's good side, otherwise you would end up against Sury and Sury, which would be an absolute disaster, and Sury would probably kill you after Sury kills Sury.

So watch out.
You know, the game pretty much went this way too! :lol:

OK, there's no doubt about it now, Sury's gonna win!

Actually, this was wrong. We lost after getting an accidental domination win and all the Sury's are buried and sprouting roses, probably on a block of ice.

To recap the events of the RPC:

Mad Sury settled his first city in place and quickly explored around, meeting Sury, Sury, Sury, Sury, Sury and Sury. Mad Sury gets copper in his BFC and creates a stack of axemen which he uses to rush Sury and get horses. He then razed a second city and took peace with Sury, leaving Sury's capital. He then takes peace, converts to Buddhism and opens borders with Sury, Sury, Sury, Sury and Sury, but not Sury. He is then told to convert to Judaism by Sury and declines, and is then told to convert to Judaism by Sury. At this time he begins trading techs and making friends with Sury, Sury, and Sury, getting catapults with which to attack Sury.

He then prepared to attack Sury but was then declared on by Sury, but nothing came of it. So he continued attacking Sury while Sury joins in and Mad Sury finishes Sury off. His good friend Sury then gives him a gift and then asks to help fight Sury which Mad Sury accepts. Sury also joins in dogpiling Sury, and Mad Sury gets peace from Sury, only to rejoin the war at Sury's request ten turns later. Soon after Sury vassals to Sury, ending the war.

Mad Sury then begins trading techs with the other friendly Surys, and the apostolic palace appears and Sury beats Sury for the throne. Finally Mad Sury decided to shake things up by bribing Sury to attack Sury and Sury to attack Sury. Soon after Mad Sury begins attacking Sury as well, capturing a large amount of his empire before taking peace. He then bribes Sury to attack Sury and then Sury jumps in to dogpile. Mad Sury then continues attacking Sury and completely destroys him. Meanwhile Mad Sury wins the AP and tries for a diplomatic victory, but Sury and Sury vote for Sury while Sury, Sury and Sury abstain. Also during this time Sury vassalizes to Sury.

Mad Sury then sent his army to attack Sury, who was his biggest military threat. He attacked Sury and his two vassals until Sury broke free and took peace while Sury was destroyed. Then he took peace with Sury and bribed Sury to attack Sury. He then decided to attack Sury who was going for a cultury victory, and after a long battle destroyed him. He then declared war on Sury and Sury and razed them to the ground, getting a domination victory in the process, but ended up finishing them off anyway, becoming the last Sury left.

And now it all makes sense.

Joshua makes it all make sense.

And Conquest seems impossible barring Barbarians/Early Conquest/Dom turned off...

To recap the events of the RPC:

Mad Sury settled his first city in place and quickly explored around, meeting Sury, Sury, Sury, Sury, Sury and Sury. Mad Sury gets copper in his BFC and creates a stack of axemen which he uses to rush Sury and get horses. He then razed a second city and took peace with Sury, leaving Sury's capital. He then takes peace, converts to Buddhism and opens borders with Sury, Sury, Sury, Sury and Sury, but not Sury. He is then told to convert to Judaism by Sury and declines, and is then told to convert to Judaism by Sury. At this time he begins trading techs and making friends with Sury, Sury, and Sury, getting catapults with which to attack Sury.

He then prepared to attack Sury but was then declared on by Sury, but nothing came of it. So he continued attacking Sury while Sury joins in and Mad Sury finishes Sury off. His good friend Sury then gives him a gift and then asks to help fight Sury which Mad Sury accepts. Sury also joins in dogpiling Sury, and Mad Sury gets peace from Sury, only to rejoin the war at Sury's request ten turns later. Soon after Sury vassals to Sury, ending the war.

Mad Sury then begins trading techs with the other friendly Surys, and the apostolic palace appears and Sury beats Sury for the throne. Finally Mad Sury decided to shake things up by bribing Sury to attack Sury and Sury to attack Sury. Soon after Mad Sury begins attacking Sury as well, capturing a large amount of his empire before taking peace. He then bribes Sury to attack Sury and then Sury jumps in to dogpile. Mad Sury then continues attacking Sury and completely destroys him. Meanwhile Mad Sury wins the AP and tries for a diplomatic victory, but Sury and Sury vote for Sury while Sury, Sury and Sury abstain. Also during this time Sury vassalizes to Sury.

Mad Sury then sent his army to attack Sury, who was his biggest military threat. He attacked Sury and his two vassals until Sury broke free and took peace while Sury was destroyed. Then he took peace with Sury and bribed Sury to attack Sury. He then decided to attack Sury who was going for a cultury victory, and after a long battle destroyed him. He then declared war on Sury and Sury and razed them to the ground, getting a domination victory in the process, but ended up finishing them off anyway, becoming the last Sury left.

And now it all makes sense.

WOW! I played for 35 hours on the game yet it all comes down to this. Seamed a little more complicated than it really was :crazyeye:

Now it all makes sense?!?
I think I need a drink, I can't believe you played 35hours of that insanity, well done!

Excellent work, well done on making it to the end. :)

how much time did you take per round, how many hours? 35 hours of insanity is just crazy!

I really don't remember. It was a blur and several segments I was, well not exactly thinking right. One day I had too much to drink (well documented in teh writeups!) and two days I was home sick from work with a virus. I believe I was running a fever then.

Top Bottom