Roll to Dodge - Help NC Get Out of Bed Edition

Discussion in 'Forum Games' started by NinjaCow64, Aug 15, 2020.

1. Takhisis

Takhisis Rum and coke.

It was a buff, not an attack.

NinjaCow64 likes this.
  2. Takhisis

Takhisis Rum and coke.

Noooo! I need Crezzie for our roll20 game! But talking's a free action and I'm not inside the subconscious simulated reality Crezth has entered.
    So instead I act as arbiter in the duel between Catharsis and the pillow samurai.

NinjaCow64 likes this.
  3. SouthernKing

SouthernKing crickety cricket

I will live up to my family name and face full life consequences

NinjaCow64 likes this.
  4. Takhisis

Takhisis Rum and coke.

What name would that be? Southern or King?

NinjaCow64 likes this.
  5. SouthernKing

6. NinjaCow64

NinjaCow64 Thought Bubble Thinker Supporter

2 (3): Turns out Sleepymus Prime is Reus-tier bad at cooking and makes the stove light afire like he's playing the Sims (but really badly). Sleepymus Prime catches on fire (6 HP burn damage, -5 HP/turn) and engulfs the kitchen aflame! ETA 2 turns until the fire reaches the Big Bedroom!

15 (16): Wow, it turns out that SK did steal your glasses! He violated the Second Precept! How un-Dalai Lama like of him! He better give them back or he'll take a whopping -50% Honour/turn.

20 (21): You fire two missiles at the Teeth-Fally-Out-Monster, obliterating it (-58i HP). The shockwave sends MSSG#1 flying, causing her to hit a nearby wall (-23i HP), start bleeding (-3i HP/turn) and discombobulating her for a turn (no action next turn). The Nightmare is over, removing terror from both you and Megan but Megan's subconscious still hates you...

15 (16): "Time to tip the scales!" Lucina comes in and gives you a (dream) Vulnerary, restoring 10i HP and stopping the bleeding. Also Lucina's presence transitions the nightmare to a happy dream.

16 (17): "Very well, I will assist you in finding a suitable pillow. We will resume the duel then." Sasaki Kojirō will assist you in your next pillow finding roll, adding +10. This honourable deed that both of you witnessed restored both of your Honour to full.

9 (10): In your dreams, nobody can hear your scream...

ROLL TO DODGE!

19 (20): ...until they can. Channeling the power of the epic level Paladin Pavarotti, you banish the terror demon and exile it to the real world, making it officially not your problem! You drift off into a pleasant dream about numbers (+1 Happiness). Unfortunately for your awakened comrades in the Big Bedroom, they now must deal with the terror demon's revolting presence that serves as an AOE attack! Thankfully at least the demon is more vulnerable in the real world (-5 defence).

ROLL TO DODGE!

Red_Spy: 13 (19): Not being able to see is actually a great benefit here because you don't have to witness the demon's horrifying form. Not only are you immune to the terror debuff, you are filled with determination! +2 to your next action!

SouthernKing: 3 (4): The demon's presence causes you to lose concentration on staying up on the ceiling, causing you to fall onto the floor and take 30 HP fall damage. Ouch.

Catharsis: 18 (19): The demon's presence awakens your keen samurai instincts, allowing you to immediately manifest a demon banishing pillow (+1 to banishing demons). You are also immune to the terror debuff due to your samurai training.

Sasaki Kojirō (no relation): 13: Sasaki Kojirō is not as hardy as his rival and takes a terror debuff, but he enters a samurai pose instead of doing something dishonourable such as fleeing.

3 (4): A wandering CFC Moderator says "Mafia and NOTW games are to be hosted in the Mafia subforum" and attempts to infract you with a tommy gun.

ROLL TO DODGE!

18 (18): You dodge the bullets epic style and then push him into the bedroom where he falls over (-10 HP) and comes face-to-face with the terror demon.

ROLL TO DODGE!

14: "Terror demons are supposed to go into the terror demon subforum, not the bedroom. Also, pushing someone is against CFC rules." While the CFC Moderator is afraid, this manifests as a flight-or-fight response, or more specifically a flight-or-infract response (+1 to attacking people who broke CFC rules, -1 to everything else).

15 (16): Sasaki Kojirō says "most honourable referee, the duel is on hold until we banish this demon, but I would be most honoured for you to oversee this duel once the demon is banished". You feel pride and accomplishment in being recognised for your referee abilities (+1 to being a referee).

14 (18): By "family name" you mean "being the Dalai Lama" and you do that first by returning the glasses to Red_Spy (who very wisely does not put them on in the presence of the terror demon). You decide to face full life consequences first by doing your duty as the 15th Dalai Lama and exorcising this terror demon.

****************​

I compel Red_Spy (1d9 = 1) with a Fate Point (+1 Fate Point for Red_Spy). "Considering you're basically Velma from Scooby-Doo at this point, it would be a real shame if the terror demon started chasing you, wouldn't it?" ROLL TO DODGE!

3 (4): You fall down a flight of stairs attempting to escape, while that didn't hurt that bad (-15 HP) it did put your right in the way of the fire in the kitchen! ROLL TO DODGE!

8 (9): Ouchies burnies (-3 HP, on fire -2 HP/turn).

MSSG#1 is paralysed, but Megan's subconscious spawns another security guard to attack Crezth! ROLL TO DODGE!

7 (7): You get shot a bunch (-30i HP).

Rosie's Sleep Paralysis Demon hisses at Red_Spy.

Sasaki Kojirō (no relation) attempts to exorcise the demon with a pillow 3 (8): but the demon dodged his attack.

Sleepymus Prime runs around like a flaming chook on fire.

Fire starts to engulf the stairwell, you better get out of there gang or risk burning to death!

Lucina says "The future is not written!"

The CFC Moderator glares at DoubleA.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2020
    Robert Can't likes this.
  7. Red_Spy

Red_Spy Surprised

Call 911 and report the fire.

NinjaCow64 likes this.
  8. Marcher Jovian

Marcher Jovian Emperor

I run of the house screaming.

NinjaCow64 likes this.
  9. Catharsis

Catharsis catch u on the flip scythe

Okay, probably best to let Velma deal with the fire while the rest of us do something about hideous nightmare demon.

I execute the dreaded Playful Pillow Pummel on the terror demon with the Demon Banishing Pillow.

NinjaCow64 likes this.
  10. Omega124

Omega124 Challenging Fate

I use my newfound happiness and dream logic to smile, restoring my teeth to perfect condition.

NinjaCow64 likes this.
  11. LordArgon

LordArgon King

I remain blissfully unaware of the troubles in the other part of the house and instead take a nice relaxing bath.

NinjaCow64 likes this.
  12. Robert Can't

Robert Can't Éponine

I awake, we still need to find a new bed.

NinjaCow64 likes this.
  13. Takhisis

Takhisis Rum and coke.

Since I am accepted for samurai duel I am obviously samurai-trained. Samurai used to be firefighters (at least in James Clavell's Shōgun and Gai-Jin).

Therefore I organise the rest of the gang into a firefighting squad. The pillow samurai Sasaki Kojirō is invited to join our efforts.

NinjaCow64 likes this.
  14. SouthernKing

i becomw a 3d printt
    er33

Red_Spy, NinjaCow64 and Robert Can't like this.
  15. Double A

Double A ♫We got the guillotine♫

I bully the mod within the confines of the TOS until they resign.

NinjaCow64 likes this.
  16. NinjaCow64

NinjaCow64 Thought Bubble Thinker Supporter

Sorry for the late update, I got into a dumb political argument.

(6) 8: Due to budget cuts, the emergency call center is operated by a skeleton crew. "Your call is important to us...estimated waiting time is 2 turns".

15: Considering the general chaos of the house, that is completely understandable and reasonable. Flight-or-fight activated, flight engaged! (+1 to flight, -1 to everything else). Also it turns out you are pretty good at running (+1 to running).

(16) 22: "Not the Playful Pillow Pummel!" screeches the demon as your repeated bashing with a pillow. It takes a large amount of divine damage (-50 HP) and begins to dematerialise (-10 HP/turn).

13: Dream logic works in your favour and your teeth are restored to normal.

1: Unfortunately the bathroom is located directly below the kitchen and the rapidly expanding fire has completely reduced the structural integrity of the house. You fall directly into the fire, which starts searing your flesh (-45 HP, burning -5 HP/turn).

14: You wake up, feeling a bit terrible from the psychic damage your received from the demon in the dream (-1 to physical and mental actions for the next three turns). You exit through the same back door that Marcher Jovian went through and catch the bus which will take you to Beds R Us by the end of next turn.

6: While that may have been true in the past, it isn't true now. In fact you're not even confident you understand how fire even works. Effing fire, how does it work?

2: "You would reject your physical form and become a machine? That doesn't seem very Dalai Lama of you." You feel the eyes of the previous 14 Dalai Lamas looking at you in shame. You better start living up to your family name next turn or you will face full life consequences, namely you will be fired from being a Dalai Lama and be trapped in the wheel of suffering forever!

(19) 20: "That's why your momma dead". The CFC moderator has a massive crisis of faith and starts bawling his eyes out (-40% Faith, -10% Faith/turn). He shoots at you to try and feel a bit better. ROLL TO DODGE!

(3) 1: Riddling you with bullets (-20 HP) makes the CFC moderator feel significantly better about his lot in life (+20% Faith, reducing faith penalty to -5% Faith/turn).

****************​

I transport my office to the Ethereal Plane to avoid the fire, transporting everyone in the office (myself, AA and the CFC moderator) along with me.

MSSG#1 recovers and attacks Crezth as she stands idle, alongside two of her comrades. ROLL TO DODGE (x3)!!!

(3) 4: MSSG#1 charges at Crezth, but accidentally gets in the way of her comrade's bullets and gets shot up in the process (-60i HP).

(2) 3: Crezth automatically retaliates by firing off two rockets, obliterating MSSG#1 (-1% Omega124's Subconscious Integrity) and causing MSSG#2 to fly back into a wall (-26i HP, discombobulation for one turn). Crezth grabs the AK-47 as a bonus action.

7 (8): MSSG#3 starts to freak out slightly due to the absolute carnage (+1 Terror).

Rosie's Sleep Paralysis Demon screeches, initiating an AOE attack against everyone in the house. ROLL TO DODGE!!!

SouthernKing: (20) 23: "NO". SouthernKing starts living up to his family name by using Dalai Lama powers to aggressively T-Pose at the demon, ending the AOE attack prematurely.

Sasaki Kojirō (no relation) aids his rival Catharsis most honourably by pelting the demon with his prize pillow. (11) 16: The demon starts dematerialising even more rapidly, (-25 HP, an additional -5 HP/turn).

Sleepymus Prime stops, drops and rolls! 1: He rolls directly into the fire, causing him to melt completely and die.

Lucina asks Omega124 if she should get involved in the big brawl Crezth is engaged in.

CFC Moderator #1 continues crying, he's pretty demoralised (-2 to attacking DoubleA next turn).

The fire spreads completely into the stairwell, effecting everyone currently there! ROLL TO DODGE!!!

Red_Spy: 13: Red wisely retreats into the big bedroom.

Catharsis: 15: You are too focused on removing this demon from existence to be concerned with mere fire (+1 to resisting the flames next turn).

Rosie's Sleep Paralysis Demon: (1) -4: Unfortunately for the demon, Sleepymus Prime was accidentally cooking with holy water, making these flames holy. The holy flames erupt all over the demon, causing his complete destruction.

Quest Complete!
    Rosie's psychic damage penalty is reduced in length by one turn, Catharsis and Sasaki Kojirō (no relation) gain +1 to rolls involving Honour and SouthernKing gains an additional turn to convince the previous Dalai Lamas that he is doing a good job.

The previous Dalai Lamas demand that SouthernKing gather a group of Buddhists to travel to Tibet and peacefully secure Tibetan independence.

Sasaki Kojirō (no relation): 20: "Catharsis, my rival, having a pillow duel over the fate of Japan in a flaming house is most honourable thing I can possibly imagine. In fact I'm almost 100% certain that I saw an anime with that exact premise." Catharsis and Sasaki Kojirō (no relation) are locked in a most honourable pillow fight and Takhasis must oversee it! Any attempt to flee the burning house will result in the offender losing all of their honour!

Takhasis is compelled by honour to move into the stairwell and the oncoming flames! ROLL TO DODGE!!!

11: Actually, upon further consideration, you could probably just referee the two of them from a safe distance in the big bedroom, at least for now.

The flames will spread into the big bedroom by the end of the next turn! This will also effect people currently asleep!

Last edited: Aug 18, 2020
    SouthernKing likes this.
  17. SouthernKing

I single-handedly destroy the city of Beijing

NinjaCow64 likes this.
  18. Crezth

Crezth 話說天下大勢分久必合合久必分

I extend my Absolute Terror field and obliterate MSSG#3’s defenses and go in for the kill!

NinjaCow64 likes this.
  19. Red_Spy

Red_Spy Surprised

Calmly open a window and hop down to the ground.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2020
    NinjaCow64 likes this.
  20. Takhisis

Takhisis Rum and coke.

OOC: It's TakhIsis with an I, Mr. NinjaCow.

IC: Bushido is the solution to all problems. Being called upon to act as referee in a samurai duel has awakened my bushido.

NinjaCow64 likes this.