1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Rolling Your Own AI In Axioms Of Dominion

Discussion in 'All Other Games' started by AltarofScience, Nov 4, 2016.

1. AltarofScience

AltarofScience The Brain

One thing I've been planning on doing in Axioms is allowing people to write their own AI. The way it works would be something using interprocess communication. So your AI program would receive a data stream of game state from the game which you could then process any way you liked. Further the AI you wrote could be on a separate core which means it could be processing information while the player was doing their thing. In addition you could employ multiple AIs for different things as well as allow the built-in AI to keep handling what it was good at. Granted Axioms is somewhat complicated for this process but it would probably be especially useful for scenarios or lots of events and so forth.

If you did write an AI for the regular game you'd have to do a lot more work but you could easily improve on my AI if you thought it was really bad.

Now I know a feature like this would be much more useful for a game like Civ6 where there's not much going on but I personally will be having some fun with it for special mods/scenarios.

I've always wondered why no indie strategy devs made the choice to give all the AI fiddling power that could ever be asked for to the modding community. I think it would be a fascinating experiment.