RoM 2.71 Full Maybe the Best RoM ever!

My HD crashed again and I am booked for two weeks in a hotel in Burundi with a provided desktop. I installed Civ4 BTS and ROM-AND, I can play CIV 4 BTS but the patch 3.19 crashes on install: "setup encountered an error and needs to be closed".

The computer runs on XP and dxdiag tells me that I have only 384M of video card memory, on a GMA3100.

The 3.19 patch needs to be manually installed as the in game Updater has problems.

384MB of vid ram, ouch!!! Smaller maps with only a handful of AI.

JosEPh

Hi Joseph,

I need your help again: how to patch CIV4 with 3.19.

I had to buy a new HD, reintsalled CIV4 (works fine), ROM and ROM-AND.
As usual, the ROM look like starting but do not.

I am nearly sure that I did not patch properly; I launched the patch from different locations.

Do you have a link for a patch that installs without the operation being a wild guess?

Cheers

Tryhard

The Official 3.19 patch can be found here at civfanatics in the Down load section. A manual install is not hard. The auto updater in BtS Is troublesome and doesn't do a very good job.

Once you have BtS patched to 3.19 you will no longer need the CD in the CD drive. Which was very nice of Firaxis to do.

JosEPh

Hi Joseph,

I would like to emphasize two points as you have been helping me some times.
- It is difficult to walk through Civfanatics if you are not a wizard. To find this thread I do not bother I check my own subscriptions.
- There are two patches 3.19 available for download, the messy 39+M which is too easy to find, and the 165M one which is just perfect, but that I found after more than a year.

I still do not understand how I managed to patch several times with the small file.

Anyway thank you Joseph.

I don't know if this thread is still alive, but i ask:
in the OP you link to a sourceforge repository, which contains:
version 1.75 (which i own since time immemorial... almost)
RiseOfMankindFull2.3.zip
RiseOfMankindFull2.4.zip
RiseOfMankind2.71Full.rar

At present i don't have any RoM version installed, what should i do?

Thanks in advance.

I don't know if this thread is still alive, but i ask:
in the OP you link to a sourceforge repository, which contains:
version 1.75 (which i own since time immemorial... almost)
RiseOfMankindFull2.3.zip
RiseOfMankindFull2.4.zip
RiseOfMankind2.71Full.rar

At present i don't have any RoM version installed, what should i do?

Thanks in advance.

The question is: Do you want to play the Early Rise of Mankind Mod versions? That is why the repository contains them still.

Be warned the RoMFull2.3 and 2.4 will require earlier BtS Patches like the 3.13 patch. If you have BtS patched to the latest Official patch 3.19 (and if you are playing RoM-AND then you would be patched to 3.19) then RoMFull2.71 should play fine.

FYI - Rise of Mankind = RoM (abbreviation) but AND is A New Dawn by Afforess a Modmod for RoM that Now is a stand alone Mod and no longer requires that RoM be installed 1st.

JosEPh

Top Bottom