RoM 2.71 Revolutions/Barbarian Civ crash problem

Maatissi

Turvenuija
I don't know if this issue has already been discussed (or even solved), but there seems to be a crash to desktop every time a barbarian city becomes a new civilization...

At least I get frequent crashes to desktop in early game phases (ancient/classical), and these crashes are not memory-related (as they seem to disappear later in the game). I am playing with Afforess' and Vinzent's modpacks and with Quibing's extra unit pack (units only).

Could anyone please shed some light on these mystical crashes (any theories!)

Thank you! :crazyeye:

I don't know if this issue has already been discussed (or even solved), but there seems to be a crash to desktop every time a barbarian city becomes a new civilization...

At least I get frequent crashes to desktop in early game phases (ancient/classical), and these crashes are not memory-related (as they seem to disappear later in the game). I am playing with Afforess' and Vinzent's modpacks and with Quibing's extra unit pack (units only).

Could anyone please shed some light on these mystical crashes (any theories!)

Thank you! :crazyeye:

That is quite strange. What version of my modmodpack are you using? Earlier versions had some bugs...

Actually I have so far excluded the problem root NOT to be in the event of new Civ created by barbarians. Couple of crashes also happened on my turn.

Situations: Moving cursor on a large stack of enemy units. Founding religion and immediately beginning to build something in that city (finished production on the same turn.)

I don't know if there is any connection with these events/actions at all, but there seem to be random crashes from time to time. Sometimes I can play 3 hours intensively and everything is a ok, but sometimes the game just suddenly freezes (black screen) and then returns to desktop without any error from the game software (only Windows asking to send error report).

It is really a mystery, as it sometimes happens 2000BC with standard maps and sometimes you can play a large map even further without any problem at all.

Anyway, autosave saves, and reboot is not necessary. However, as you can imagine, it is extremely frustrating to have a crash in a middle of intense action (eg. war) and the last autosave is from three turns earlier.

So, one simple question on the top of all: IS THERE RoM WHICH RUNS COMPLETELY SMOOTHLY, NEVER CRASHING?

(Or should we just accept the crashing as a "natural part" of playing RoM?)

So, one simple question on the top of all: IS THERE RoM WHICH RUNS COMPLETELY SMOOTHLY, NEVER CRASHING?

Well, I personally have only had one crash while playing RoM -- I think it was back at RoM 2.7. I'm not sure why I seem to be more stable than others like yourself, with numerous crashes, but I do have a rather high-end computer.

I've played 3 Large map games and one Huge map game in the past few months, although I only saw two through to completion. The others I had to abandon after installing a new version of RoM, or various modmods that broke save compatibility.

Anyway, autosave saves, and reboot is not necessary. However, as you can imagine, it is extremely frustrating to have a crash in a middle of intense action (eg. war) and the last autosave is from three turns earlier.

You can set autosave to save every turn. I think the setting is the Civ4.ini file.

I believe most crashes are DLL related, but I don't know why. I have been working to reduce the errors in my DLL.

No way! Never settle for less!

I have the same problems as you. I have never finished a game on a Huge map without the game crashing atleast once or freezing for 10 minutes and giving up (normal times between turns were usually 30 to 45 seconds)

These problems remind of BTS before the 3.17 patch when the game would stop/freeze/crash at undetermined times.

my Pc is :

intel core duo 2.16 ghz
4 gig ddr2 ram (although winXp only sees 3)
Nvidia 9800GTX+
7200 rpm Harddrives
Asus a5b motherboard

Top Bottom