Votes: 4 44.4%
  • No

Votes: 5 55.6%

• Total voters

Snub

Chieftain
No more out of sync in 2.8
(during attacking)

After many attemps to fix the latest RoM's OOS problems in multiplayer we, desperate players who couldn't stand not being able to enjoy all the new stuff :lol:, have finally figured out something that works. At least so far we had no OOS problems.

I'm don't know what is causing the OOS errors, some say its the latest version revDCM that RoM 2.8 uses. The beta works fine in multiplayer, but has it's own bugs.. so we don't really want to play that.

Thanks to some smart guys on the forum Dancing Hoskuld and Afforess, we found out that core of revDCM can be found in the "Rise of Mankind\Assets" folder named CvGameCoreDLL.dll. Lol yeh, we would never have figured that out :crazyeye:

So first thing I thought would work was copy the RoM 2.8BETA core file over the CvGameCoreDLL.dll from RoM 2.8. That didn't work! (see image 1). The entire game got screwed up, you can't see it in the screenshot but all the buttons, and I mean ALL of them do weird things. Like; opening the encyclopedia would construct a building.

Desperate as we were, we tried everything. Success! CvGameCoreDLL.dll from RoM 2.71 did work! Only thing you have to do before starting a multiplayer game, is running a single player game to set all options to default. You only have to do this once. (see image 2) Again don't know why, but the game doesn't seem to load everything if you don't do this once.

We've been playing like this for a few hours without OOS's and without bugs for that matter so far. I'm not sure if this playing like this is bug proof, but so far we've experienced no gamecrashes and no OOS's when attacking.

I'll keep this updated if we find any bugs or experience crashes while playing.

The files that we used can be found in the attachments.

Old save games will -not- work.

Short version

1. Make a backup of your game.
2. Download the rar attached to the file.
3. Follow the instructions in the rar.
4. Start the game in single player, and set options to default (see image 2)
5. You're set.

Edit: Read this post for hosting

Hope this helps!

If eventually this turns out to -not- work that good after all, I'm very sorry for getting your hopes up, but can't blame me for trying!

:spear:

Thanks Zappara for putting so much time in RoM. Without your mod we would've stopped playing civilization a long time ago :w00t:

Snub

Attachments

• cvgamecoredll.JPG
    cvgamecoredll.JPG
    223.4 KB · Views: 794
  • riseofmankind1.JPG
    riseofmankind1.JPG
    97.2 KB · Views: 803
  • CvGameCoreFiles.rar
    2.2 MB · Views: 658
I've done what you suggested in your post, and it did indeed solve the OOS problems when attacking. It has however introduced a whole new set of issues: Now at the end of every turn, i get 7 error messages saying:
"Error in EndPlayerTurn event handler <bound method Revolution.onEndPlayerTurn of <Revolution.Revolution instance at..."

Any suggestions?

By the way, the work you're putting in to get the mod working on multiplayer is awesome! I really appreciate it.

I've done what you suggested in your post, and it did indeed solve the OOS problems when attacking. It has however introduced a whole new set of issues: Now at the end of every turn, i get 7 error messages saying:
"Error in EndPlayerTurn event handler <bound method Revolution.onEndPlayerTurn of <Revolution.Revolution instance at..."

Any suggestions?

I'm not sure, but it looks like revolution is on?

I didn't realise it at first, because our group plays with none of the extra options in RoM. We don't use techdiffusion, barbarian civ etc etc.

Eh; so whats wrong? -> All the options below "No Espionage" have wrong text! For example: Starting a game with "rising seas" checked actually loads the "Revolution" mod. I guess it's because the options menu was made for version 2.71?

Techdiffusion is one of the options that gets checked automatically when you want to host a game, but instead of techdiffusion actually loads "start as minors". (see image for example of the problem)

and so on and on.

I'm not sure how to fix this, or if it's even possible. We've been playing a long time now without OOS's, no crashes and no errors, but that's without those extra options. I think you'll just have to play like us, uncheck everything below "No Espionage" unless someone else might have some good ideas :(

Attachments

• notworking.JPG
    notworking.JPG
    141.2 KB · Views: 503
us either, back to 2.71

2.8 with the mod mods is awesome though, but 2.71 is still a blast...an easy way to get back into Civ :D

yea kept getting OOS with 2.8 and afforess mod.

worst part, besides the OOS, was that f3 (civic) wasn't working at all. like, it didn't exist.

After checking with your reply, I found that we had indeed checked the rising seas option. We started a new game without it, and its working like a charm now! Thanks!

meh not that much hassle just get one person to re-join and bam a min or 2 later all sweet

Hah, if only it were that easy. :rolleyes:

When you are at war and your enemy is right enfront of your cities (or anywhere for that matter)- the game goes out of sync the moment you attack their units. When the players reconnect the units that were attacked are still there- even if you won the battle on your screen. Meaning: Reconnecting doesn't do :):):):)!

Woooo it works! Thank you so much, now we can finally enjoy 2.8 multiplayer. Let's hope the makers of revDCM fix this once and for all soon :mischief:

Top Bottom