1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

ROM 2.90 + AnD 1.71 Multiplayer - pitboss?

Discussion in 'RoM Multiplayer' started by Elvince, Apr 8, 2010.

1. Elvince

Elvince Chieftain

just to let everyone know:

ROM 2.90 + A new Dawn 1.71 work like a charm in MP with Revolutions on. strangely enough I tried to do it via Pitboss and it goes OOS as soon as someone joins.

Any Idea how to fix this?

Elvince

2. Flay

Flay Prince

hum . . . no it doesn't

3. Elvince

Elvince Chieftain

what doesn't?

4. Flay

Flay Prince

ROM 2.90 + A new Dawn 1.71 Doesn't work like a charm in MP

5. Elvince

Elvince Chieftain

well we are in 110AD and did not encounter a single problem so far...

6. Flay

Flay Prince

Are you playing with AI ?

7. Elvince

Elvince Chieftain

yes of course, we continued the game, still no issues...

8. Flay

Flay Prince

no OOS ?
    can you give me your option set.
    Revdcm set
    And type of MP Connection (direct IP, lan . . .)

Thanks

9. Elvince

Elvince Chieftain

first the most important is:
    - make sure that your mates have the exact same mod folder as you, so distribute your own, and don't let everyone install on their own.
    - when installing AND make sure to install the MP version
    - every should delete their BTS folder in mygames (profile...)

then regarding options we use Revolutions, advanced diplo, no tech brokering, Multiple tech and prod, as well as usable moutains, barbarians civ and I think that is it.

we played using gamespy or direct ip, both worked.

I hope this helps somehow....

10. Flay

Flay Prince

how is your Revdcm?
    Spesialy can Archer Bombard ?

How many Human player ?
    When (if) you get OOS, do you get some error text in white ?

11. WildFire

WildFire amour

Will have to try this. Very weird how it works flawlessly for some and others can't get past turn 1.

12. Elvince

Elvince Chieftain

we updated to 1.72b, still no problems met using the same method. our revdvm works as we had quite a few revolutions, but not sure if all options are on as you can't access your revdcm options in the mp game...
    we met one problem on a reload we had an oos, yet reloading the last autosave fixed it...
    we are only 2 playing, maybe that's why we have no issues?

13. Flay

Flay Prince

If you want to change option in REVDCM just do it in a single player game than after checking that all option are saved (restart game and check), give a copy of Your ROM folder to the other.
    That way every one got the same version.

Can you bombard with archer in you MP game ?

14. Elvince

Elvince Chieftain

no I don't think I can, not in sp either though, should I be able to? what submod does that? as a reminder I only installed minimal And files for MP.

15. Flay

Flay Prince

no sub mod
    go in devdcm and you can chose archer bombard and other stuff.
    Let me know if you don't found it, and you should try in MP too. But than EVERYONE must have the same REVDCM option on !

16. Elvince

Elvince Chieftain

yes I can do that in SP, but I'd rather not take the chance to change it not to :):):):) my mp :)

17. Flay

Flay Prince

so we tried a new MP with 2.91 AND 1.73 Beta:

WE didn't change anything from RevDCM, what is boring is that archer can't bombard anymore this is realy boring.
    But no OOS so far, no CTD, well everything is fine, and we are after christ now on a huge (immense) map 11 civ, Barb all on, rev on, ruthles, different difficultys by human players (no flexible), Archipelagos.

We played only with 3humans, as a test it was positve.

We will try with Archer Bombard ON, to see, if the OOS came realy from that, maybe it is only The attack support or and the Stack attack that is the problem. anyway I hope so, cause to play without The archer able to bombard is something missing.

18. Elvince

Elvince Chieftain

ah I am happy to see we are not the only ones :)
    we have a great time playing MP... yet I can't manage to have the pitboss working, can you?

19. Flay

Flay Prince

I have never try Pitboss, but why pitboss?
    What advantage does it give realy ?

We tried to put the Archer bombard on, (every 3 players did under a single game than we check it 3 time after starting a new SP, so restarting civ and a new SP. The option is there in RevDCM for all 3 players.
    And guess what OOS at start, so the player that is OOS goes out and back in, we play some few turn . . . OOS.
    So we delete the all ROM folder, put the "original" ROM+AND without RevDCM change (no archer bombard), reload the game that goes OOS, and guess what no OOS until just before christ.
    Amazing !!!!
    I can't believe that it is the "archer bombard" option that cause OOS, at start of game noone as archer, not even the tech for it.
    We didn't have that many OOS when it was possible to modify RevDCM in MP games.
    I would think that maybe the RevDCM of the nonhosting player is still on standar option even if we change it in SP.

Why should Archer bombard cause OOS ? and spesialy when there is not yet a single archer in the game ?!?!

20. Flay

Flay Prince

OK after 2 days of hard testing the conclusion is:

OOS is caused by revDCM, when DCM option are changed.
    It doesn't help if every players got the same Option on, either changing it by starting SP game or directly in the globaldefinalt and revdcm.ini.

I hope someone (aff . . zapp . . .) will make it possible for archer unit to bombard without help from REVDCM.