Rom-and svn mp game

Sgtslick

Emperor
Is anyone interested in playing an ongoing ROM-AND (current svn) game via IP, can play like once or twice per week. If you wanted to switch to PBEM once turns start becoming too slow thats ok with me too. Would need to first play IP for awhile though, at least 6 hours I think.

Settings:
Emperor
Map Large or huge Perfect Mongoose v320/v310 or Perfect World 2/2f
Civs 8-12
Normal or Quick speed.
--The rest of the settings im flexible.

Plz reply or PM me if your interested. I have Hamachi so connecting via IP shouldn't be an issue.

I am interested but I currently have very little free time. And I'm already engaged in a PBEM WWII scenario (and I already have little free time for that also). Plus I'm still working on AND2 improvements (next months there could be some surprises, hopefully).

Once things get easier for me, I'd like to try it. But I'm not sure it's possible to switch from LAN games to PBEM games; at least, when I'm playing with my wife via LAN we use simultaneous turns which aren't possible of course via PBEM.

Edit: moreover, since you're in Australia and I'm in Italy, it won't be that easy I guess :mischief:

45°38'N-13°47'E;12205867 said:
since you're in Australia and I'm in Italy, it won't be that easy I guess :mischief:

Unless you can play in the morning? Just needs to be once a week if u want, like 2 or 3 hours - whatever you want. Do you use steam?

Unless you can play in the morning? Just needs to be once a week if u want, like 2 or 3 hours - whatever you want. Do you use steam?

Technically speaking, I could play in the morning as I mostly work in the afternoon. Problem is that right now I simply don't have time :( And no, I don't use steam (I've already got nuclear power :p).
Maybe in some weeks things will get better and I'll have more free time, but right now I really don't think I have enough spare time, even once per week. :(

i could give it a shot just to see if oos errors are still there. I could never finish a game with 3 people due to oos, hence still playing version 1.74 which lets me go far into modern era(someone wins by then, so we've never reached the game final techs).

and i suggest everyone uses neorouter instead of hamachi (hamachi was ok until it was bought) http://kevinzy.wordpress.com/2009/01/23/vpn-solution-neorouter-is-in-goodby-hamachi/

i could give it a shot just to see if oos errors are still there. I could never finish a game with 3 people due to oos, hence still playing version 1.74 which lets me go far into modern era(someone wins by then, so we've never reached the game final techs).

and i suggest everyone uses neorouter instead of hamachi (hamachi was ok until it was bought) http://kevinzy.wordpress.com/2009/01/23/vpn-solution-neorouter-is-in-goodby-hamachi/

I've been playing with a friend ROM-AND and 45°38'N-13°47'E has done a good job fixing the OOS issue :goodjob:
It usually OOS on the first turn but you just save and rehost the save and after that its smooth saling. I've probably played around 10 hours and apart from the first turn OOS I think its only oos'd on one other occasion. So its pretty smooth.

cool, good to know. 1st turn oos happens in my version as well(sometimes). I also find that saving every turn(especially in modern age when turns take 10 mins to complete) and reloading a turn BEFORE oos, helps. Somehow if i save during oos and reload(which in theory should be the one source of truth from host to all participants) it leads to more oos and eventually game would become unplayable.

Too bad AIANdy is still occupied with RL. He's da man on MP.

@gdambrauskas,
I need some info on cloning KROME to my SVN account. Since you've done it for AND some advice would Really be appreciated. If you can spare the time for an :old:.

JosEPh :)

Top Bottom