RoM AND was functional, now not working.

Radio Noer

The Devourer
Hello,

I have recently downloaded Rise of Mankind- A New Dawn and was having a great time playing it. However, I saved, exited and shut my computer down, when I turned it back on to play again, the mod would get to uncached XML and then fail to load. I have BTS 3.19 and the 1.75 Patch on so I was wondering what went wrong and how I could fix it.

Note: I am running Windows 7 with the default security settings, is that the problem?

Thanks in advance,
Radio Noer

Assuming you are trying to load the mod before you load your saved game, it sounds like a corrupt file - I'd reinstall the mod.

If you are trying to load a saved game without loading the mod first, it is probably a memory problem - if so, read the 3GB switch thread above (second from the top)

I reinstalled the mod but it still only works on the lowest security settings for my computer. The situation isn't intolerable, but it certainly isn't too fun changing my security settings everytime I want to play.

Just right click on the main mods folder and give full rights to that folder and all subfolders - for you as a user. I'm not completely sure why this works, but I think it is because even if you run the program as an administrator, when you load a mod the program restarts - this time as the user.

THANK YOU! The fix worked and now everything is right in the world. My puppies rain down upon you and let your future wars be sucessful, you wonderful person.:D

That is all now, thank you very much (if it wasn't clear enough already)
Radio Noer

Top Bottom