RoM Latest Version

Well... you have hooked me on this mod, now I don't only play FFH2 all the time... I really hope someone will "upgrade" the earth maps so I can get all the new resources and stuff that has come out since v2.5. :goodjob:

Well... you have hooked me on this mod, now I don't only play FFH2 all the time... I really hope someone will "upgrade" the earth maps so I can get all the new resources and stuff that has come out since v2.5. :goodjob:

Jabarto did some good maps for 2.7 version.
Go here
:D.

Hi guys,

Can you give me a hint which of the current versions is most stable when playing direct ip connection multiplayer game?

I only play multi.
And we have very few problem with that one.
Some OOS but that it.

Flay, do you play with the Revolutions part on? We are still playing 2.53 because it's been so stable for us and don't want to upgrade BTS only to find we'll have to reinstall because 2.7 isn't stable for multiplayer. How much OOS have you seen? What options do you use? Thanks!

Flay, do you play with the Revolutions part on? We are still playing 2.53 because it's been so stable for us and don't want to upgrade BTS only to find we'll have to reinstall because 2.7 isn't stable for multiplayer. How much OOS have you seen? What options do you use? Thanks!

No
Barbarian civ on, but no revolution.
Have tried with minor civ but the AI sims to be not very "I".
And the coloniste still give OOS.

When playing 3 human and start with about 5-10 AI. I will say the 1st OOS came sometime after the christ. let say betvin 100 and 1000 AC.

Map archipelago
bab civ
no rev
large or normal size
epic

Colonist/Pioneer special features can be disabled in GlobalDefinesAlt.xml in Rise of Mankind\Assets\XML.
This will elimate this source of OOS.

im playing with friends the 2,7 no revolutions...

and the game said out of sincro in red letters, but we can still play with the annoying letters...
what's happening?
any hint?

im playing with friends the 2,7 no revolutions...

and the game said out of sincro in red letters, but we can still play with the annoying letters...
what's happening?
any hint?

When the game goes OOS (out of synch), what's happening is that the computations done on the different computers have come up with varying results when they are compared. For instance, when your warrior attacks a barbarian warrior, each computer figures the outcome based on a "random" seed (it is generated at the beginning of the game and all are using the same seed value). That value changes throughout the game. If somehow that value is not synchronized for one of the computers, the warrior may lose instead of winning and that player's game will be different than the rest. Having each computer figure the outcome of your actions keeps the time spent sending files back and forth down a lot, they check in with each other to see if the sum of the actions is the same (each computer returns a value). If that sum doesn't match, you get the OOS red letters and you will see one or more players will have a different value, that player (or players) are out of synch.

If you continue to play for long when you are OOS, you will find that you are actually playing different games, where actions have different outcomes. We kept on once and I thought I was winning a war, when I was losing it! Ooops!

We will go a max of two turns with it OOS, then the player with a different value exits and rejoins the game, this brings their computer in line with the rest of the group. Often an OOS will correct on the turn over, that is why we continue a turn or two.

If more than one is OOS, then the host saves the game and we all leave and the host restarts the game. If it continues then, we all leave, restart our clients and clear our caches (load the client with the shift key held down) so that there isn't any saved information to confuse the issue. Sometimes we have to go back a few turns to an autosave if things are pretty messed up. Rarely the file gets corrupted and we give up on the game - esp. if it isn't going so well... :)

Colonist/Pioneer special features can be disabled in GlobalDefinesAlt.xml in Rise of Mankind\Assets\XML.
This will elimate this source of OOS.

Yes I know that but We use colonist anyway. just that we try to build as many city in the same turn than save quit and back after OOS.

BUt I thought that this Colonist oos thing should be fixe by now. . .
Any news about it ?

I keep getting this message on the screen:

BugOptions failed writing INI file .../Rise of Mankind/Strategy Overlay &

BugOptions failed writing INI file .../Rise of Mankind/BUG Main Interface

The game is still playable, but it's sorta annoying with all those messages.

I've only played 5ish turns so I don't know if I have any more problems besides this.

Anyone know how to fix it?

I keep getting this message on the screen:

BugOptions failed writing INI file .../Rise of Mankind/Strategy Overlay &

BugOptions failed writing INI file .../Rise of Mankind/BUG Main Interface

The game is still playable, but it's sorta annoying with all those messages.

I've only played 5ish turns so I don't know if I have any more problems besides this.

Anyone know how to fix it?

du u have win7 ?
did u install on C: ?

Sorry if you already had, but still. When the mega pack of 55 civilizations to 2.7?

One of his older postings said later this week, so it could be later today (Friday) or tomorrow. Or next week if something else came up.

One of his older postings said later this week, so it could be later today (Friday) or tomorrow. Or next week if something else came up.

Good =) I like RoM. Waiting for mega pack.

Version 2.71 has been uploaded. See the first post in this thread for download link.

Version 2.71 patch notes:
Spoiler :
Sevopedia
---------
- Changed: unit infos now show if unit Ignores Building Defense when attacking (BtS doesn't show this info)
- Changed: unit infos now tell how many units collateral or flanking damage will hit (maximum)
- Changed: unit infos now tell if unit can be drafted
- Added: Module - Holy Wars pedia to RoM Concepts

Python
------
- changed: Main interface now show if unit Ignores Building Defense when attacking (BtS doesn't show this info)
- Changed: Main interface now tells how many units collateral or flanking damage will hit (maximum)
- Changed: Main interface now tells if unit can be drafted
- Changed: GameUtils.py small tweaks to optimize code
- Changed: SettlerEventManager.py sends now ModNetMessages when Pioneer or Colonist is used to build city (fixes OOS error for these units?!?)
- Changed: BarbarianCiv.py disabled all UnitAI changes (SDK handles them all now for AI units), should prevent 'waiting for player' -problems
- Changed: Revolution.py disabled all UnitAI changes (SDK handles them all now for AI units), should prevent 'waiting for player' -problems
- Fixed: CvEventManager registers Pioneer and Colonist ModNetMessages correctly
- Fixed: RevUtils.py getGameSpeedMod function did not use 1.0 value correctly with Epic speed, also changed the function to use RoM turn amount for Epic speed
- Fixed: GameUtils.py AI players no longer should be able to build more than 3 Inquisitors
- Fixed: Revolution.py distance to capital calculation modified to RoM's routes' movement rates (the effect was negative value while it should have been positive modifier)
- Fixed: RevCivicsUtils.py bug that caused list of civics to be initialized every turn causing overflow eventually

Great Wonders
-------------
- Added: National Shield
- Added: Himeji Samurai castle
- Changed: Pyramids gives free Irrigation Canals instead of Granary (Egypt had irrigation canals in use at the time when Pyramids were built). Note that this benefits only cities with rivers and that this way you get early access to Irrigation Canals

Modules
-------
- Changed: MLF Module Loading Controls modified, by default now loads Modules_RoM defines (in Rise of Mankind.ini file Modular loading must be 0 for WoC module loading system). Modules must be in subfolders defined by MLF Module Loading control file (if subfolder doesn't exist but is defined in MLF, subfolder can be manually created and modules placed inside it)
- Changed: St John's Chapter House national wonder limit decreased from 3 to 1 (so cities do not get filled with these)
- Changed: Templar Chapter House national wonder limit decreased from 3 to 1 (so cities do not get filled with these)
- Changed: Teutonic Major Chapter House is now National Wonder instead of regular building
- Changed: Krak des Chevaliers no longer require St John's Chapter Houses (on Gigantic map sizes player could not meet the building amount requirement)
- Changed: Al-Aqsa Mosque no longer require St John's Chapter Houses (on Gigantic map sizes player could not meet the building amount requirement)
- Changed: Montfort Castle no longer require St John's Chapter Houses (on Gigantic map sizes player could not meet the building amount requirement)
- Added: Custom Artstyles MLF control files
- Added: Custom Buildings MLF control files
- Added: Custom Units MLF control files
- Added: Holy Wars MLF control files
- Added: NoBuildingGraphics MLF control files
- Added: Leaderpack 1 which adds 22 new leaders for various civs
- Added: Custom Civilizations MLF control files (for extra civ pack)
- Updated: UN APC schema files
- Updated: UN Diplomat schema files
- Updated: UN Motorized Infantry schema files
- Updated: UN Fighting Vehicle schema files
- Updated: UN Transport Airplane schema files
- Updated: UN Transport Helicopter schema files
- Updated: UN Peacekeepr schema files
- Updated: UN Mission schema files
- Updated: NoBuildingGraphics module tweaked so that cities should look better (no huge empty areas), included new v2.7 building art defines, schema file updated
- Updated: Realistic Diplomacy now fully in WoC format, added files for Leaderpack 1 leaders, depencytypes added to those files so that if specific custom leader is removed from mod, the realistic diplomacy isn't loaded for that leader anymore since he doesn't exist. This prevents errors when loading and running the mod
- Updated: Static leaders schema file
- Updated: Holy Wars building and unit schema files

Gametext
--------
- Fixed: Drain Peat Pog text entry from Canal Systems tech
- Fixed: xml define UTF-8 changed to ISO-8859-1 in several xml text files
- Added: Oil Refinery help about River Requirement
- Added: Hydro Plant help about River requirement
- Added: River Port help about River requirement
- Added: Three Gorges Dam help about River requirement
- Added: Levee help about River requirement
- Changed: many civics strategy to match new effects

Promotions
----------
- Changed: Air Defense promotions give bonuses vs. Helicopter units
- Fixed: Flower war gives bonus also in Battlefield Forest and Battlefield Jungle (requires Battle effects on)
- Fixed: Gentleman -25% bonus also in Battlefield Forest and Battlefield Jungle (requires Battle effects on)
- Fixed: Woodsman I-III gain bonuses in Battlefield Forest and Battlefield Jungle (requires Battle effects on)

Units
-----
- Fixed: Light Swordman units require Copper OR Iron
- Fixed: Swordsman units require only Iron, no longer Copper
- Changed: Galley can enter Ocean again (note that this is highly dangerous on early eras due to storms that sink ships)
- Changed: War Galley can enter Ocean again (note that this is highly dangerous on early eras due to storms that sink ships)
- Changed: Trireme can enter Ocean again (note that this is highly dangerous on early eras due to storms that sink ships)
- Changed: Siege Quinquereme can enter Ocean again (note that this is highly dangerous on early eras due to storms that sink ships), moves 1->2
- Changed: Arquebusier all extra unitcombat bonuses removed (use promotions instead), bonus production speed with Lead
- Changed: Pikeman units no longer defend 1st against Mounted
- Changed: Inquisitor team instance count set to 3 (each player is team), value used in python checks.
- Changed: Crusader tech req. Fundamentalism (just prevents one exploit ;), str 20->15
- Changed: Musketman bonus production speed with Lead (bullets)
- Changed: Automatons str 44->70, cost 180->350 (better than any gunpowder unit and also cheaper)
- Changed: Cyborg str 65->95
- Changed: Guarddog helps thwart enemy spies
- Changed: all worker units belong now to Worker unitcombat group
- Changed: all missile units belong now to Missile unitcombat group
- Changed: all settler units belong now to Settler unitcombat group
- Changed: all nuke units belong now to Doom unitcombat group

Unit Artstyles
--------------
- Updated: American schema file - removed unnecessary defines from American_Civ4CivilizationInfos.xml, now in WoC format
- Updated: Arabia schema file - removed unnecessary defines from Arabia_Civ4CivilizationInfos.xml, now in WoC format
- Updated: Aztec schema file - removed unnecessary defines from Aztec_Civ4CivilizationInfos.xml, now in WoC format
- Updated: Babylon schema file - removed unnecessary defines from Babylon_Civ4CivilizationInfos.xml, now in WoC format
- Updated: Barbarian schema file - removed unnecessary defines from Barbarian_Civ4CivilizationInfos.xml, now in WoC format
- Updated: Byzantium schema file - removed unnecessary defines from Byzantium_Civ4CivilizationInfos.xml, now in WoC format
- Updated: Carthage schema file - removed unnecessary defines from Carthage_Civ4CivilizationInfos.xml, now in WoC format
- Updated: China schema file - removed unnecessary defines from China_Civ4CivilizationInfos.xml, now in WoC format
- Updated: Dutch schema file - removed unnecessary defines from Dutch_Civ4CivilizationInfos.xml, now in WoC format
- Updated: Rome schema file - removed unnecessary defines from Rome_Civ4CivilizationInfos.xml, now in WoC format
- Updated: Viking schema file - removed unnecessary defines from Viking_Civ4CivilizationInfos.xml, now in WoC format

Routes
------
- Changed: Cart Path button
- Changed: Road button
- Changed: Paved Road button, shortcut changed to shift+R
- Changed: Highway button
- changed: Electric railroad now gives 12 moves instead of 10 making it slightly better than regular Railroad (because AI builds these anyway, there needs to be some sort of benefit), cost reduced from 20 to 12, shortcut changed to shift+R
- Changed: Jumplane shortcut changed to shift+R

Terrain
-------
- Changed: Flood Plains can appear now on Plains next to river (was before only on Desert plots next to rivers)
- Changed: Ocean movement cost 3->2 (random events take care of sinking)
- Changed: Coast movement cost 2->1
- Changed: Storm damage increased 10%->20% (must be over natural healing rate of units?)
- Changed: Fallout damage increased 10%->20% (must be over natural healing rate of units?), yield changes from -3 to -5 (due to higher yields in RoM), has chance to spread now (wind spreads it)

Events
------
- Changed: Sea Storm event can sink now Galleys, Wargalleys, Triremes, Siege Quinqueremes, places Storm on the plot, has higher chance to occur
- Added: Sea Storm 2 event makes Storms appear on seas so that maps don't run out of storms
- Added: Sea Storm 3 event sinkS ancient/classical era ships on ocean plots (getting across ocean should be dangerous as in Civ 3)
- Added: Sea Storm 4 event bit less dangerous event for ancient/classical era ships on ocean plots but does sink them

Audio
-----
- Changed: New religions' audio volume adjusted

Gamedefines
-----------
- Changed: Siege Towers have been disabled due to late game eras' unit changes (siege tower was shown with some modern units)
- Changed: Max civic options (categories) increased from 8 to 14 so that modmod makers can make more new categories
- Changed: Max tech AND/OR requirements increased from 5 to 6

Resources
---------
- Changed: Tea enabled with Calendar

INI Files
---------
- Fixed: DistanceToCapitalModifier typo in Revolution.ini, didn't affect anything since mod used value 1.0 anyway if it didn't locate this modifier
- Changed: Revolution.ini Minimum population needed for a barb city to settle 2 -> 4, Minimum number of contacts (with any and full civs) to settle 2 -> 0, MilitaryStrength 0.5 -> 0.33 (barbs get 1/3 amount of units from RevDCM default). Barbarians settle now later and fewer new civs is formed

Buildings
---------
- Updated: Building schema file
- Changed: Cement Mill no longer give hammer bonus, build limit 5->1, provides x Cement resources, where x depends on different factors
- Changed: Chemical Plant no longer give hammer bonus, build limit 5->1, provides x Synthetic Rubber resources, where x depends on different factors
- Changed: Filling Factory build limit 5->1, provides x Ammo resources, where x depends on different factors
- Changed: Rubber Factory no longer give hammer bonus, build limit 5->1, provides x Vulcanized rubber resources, where x depends on different factors
- Changed: Steel Mill is again regular building (part of Forge upgrade path)
- Changed: Jewish cathedral +15% production speed with Lead
- Changed: Christian cathedral +15% production speed with Lead
- Changed: Hindu Mandir +15% production speed with Ivory
- Changed: Buddhist Stupa +15% production speed with Gold
- Changed: Confucian Academy +15% production speed with Stone
- Changed: Taoist Pagoda +15% production speed with Lead
- Changed: Hellenic Pantheon +15% production speed with Marble
- Changed: Zoroastrian Pantheon +15% production speed with Marble
- Changed: Temple of Mut +15% production speed with Marble
- Changed: Temple of Tlaloc +15% production speed with Gold
- Changed: Islam cathedral +15% production speed with Stone
- Changed: Port moved to City Planning tech, requires also Seafaring
- Changed: Commercial Port moved to Compass
- Changed: Alhambra graphics scaled down

Fonts
-----
- Fixed: Gamefont and Gamefont_75.tga should display icons correctly next to city name (thanks Vincentz!)

Improvements
------------
- Added: Modern Mine
- Changed: Gheotermal factory button
- Changed: Aquatic Forcefield button
- Changed: Aquatic Anti-Air Defense button
- Changed: Mine no longer gain bonuses from Nano Mining, Mag Lev or Jumplane (these bonuses do apply for Modern Mine)
- Changed: Shaft Mine no longer gain bonuses from Nano Mining, Mag Lev or Jumplane (these bonuses do apply for Modern Mine)

Civics
------
- Changed: civics that give bonuses to Shaft Mine give now same bonuses for Modern Mine
- Fixed: Democracy no longer say that it is required to build Agora, instead this info is now shown correctly with Republic civic

Maps
----
- Fixed: Colonization scenario map has now new 2.7 resources
- Fixed: Eurasia map (200x80) has now new 2.7 resources
- Fixed: Eurasia medium map (114x51) has now new 2.7 resources
- Fixed: Giant Earth Map (GEM) has now new 2.7 resources. Marsh and Peat Bogs added
- Fixed: Huge European map has now new 2.7 resources
- Fixed: Australia and New Zealand map has now new 2.7 resources
- Fixed: Demographica, huge Mediterranean map has now new 2.7 resources
- Fixed: Earth with 28 preset civs has now new 2.7 resources
- Fixed: Earth with 12 preset civs has now new 2.7 resources
- Fixed: Mars has now new 2.7 resources
- Fixed: Mars colonization has now new 2.7 resources
- Fixed: Antarctica has now new 2.7 resources
- Changed: Orion randomizes resources always
- Changed: Sirius randomizes resources always

Techs
-----
- Changed: AITradeModifier 10->0 for many techs (usually non-military techs)
- Changed: AITradeModifier 0->10 for some military techs

Unitcombats
-----------
- Added: Worker units group
- Added: Settler units group
- Added: Missile units group
- Added: Doomsday units group

Traits
------
- changed: Scientific science bonus per city 15% -> 10%

Top Bottom