RoM Latest Version

os79, Carwyn - thank you for your explanation :)

One other question - was hoping there might be a button added. It's great that we can examine cities before deciding to destroy them and I was hoping something could be added when others ask you to stop trading with another civ. If I could examine what type of agreements I have with the civ in question (open borders, trading resources, etc.) it would help me determine if I should cancel my agreement. Right now I have to try and remember what agreements I have which is almost impossible with a bunch of civs...

One other question - was hoping there might be a button added. It's great that we can examine cities before deciding to destroy them and I was hoping something could be added when others ask you to stop trading with another civ. If I could examine what type of agreements I have with the civ in question (open borders, trading resources, etc.) it would help me determine if I should cancel my agreement. Right now I have to try and remember what agreements I have which is almost impossible with a bunch of civs...

if you have a chat with another leader open, you can still access your adviser screens, just click on the icon or press the F1, etc shortcut. dunno who added it if it's not that way in vanilla, probably from BUG.

I've been uninstalling and reinstalling rise of mankind to try and get afforres's modmods in. This time when I installed the .rar file and tried to unzip it, I got a box that says I had 6 errors.
It says 7-zip Diagnostic messages
I got an error at the end that said exactly:
can not open output file C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Cvilization 4\Beyond The Sword\Mods\RiseOfMankin...

It repeats that for a total of six times. I imagine that they are different but as you can see they are cut off and I can't expand it.

heres another thing. even though I uninstalled beyond the sword and just reinstalled it, I found that using the route computer then C:\users\(my name)\desktop\beyond the sword\mods\rise of mankind gets me to rise of mankind. This is weird because I have not yet (succesfully) redownloaded rise of mankind. More than that, it has Afforess application that downloads the modmods (that hasn't worked for me either). So I'm really confused.

I've uploaded Rise of Mankind 2.8Mega -> 2.81 patch.

You can download it from here

Do not use this patch on RoM 2.8Full or RoM 2.8Lite.

OK but where's the Mega pack itself?:(

OK but where's the Mega pack itself?:(

Go to the torrents thread. You had been long enough to know where and what it is. Download the torrent of MegaCivPack.

I've been uninstalling and reinstalling rise of mankind to try and get afforres's modmods in. This time when I installed the .rar file and tried to unzip it, I got a box that says I had 6 errors.
It says 7-zip Diagnostic messages
I got an error at the end that said exactly:
can not open output file C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Cvilization 4\Beyond The Sword\Mods\RiseOfMankin...

It repeats that for a total of six times. I imagine that they are different but as you can see they are cut off and I can't expand it.

I had the same issue. You need to run 7zip or winrar or whatever program as admin(i.e. right click and Run as Administrator", then open file to extract.

2.81 has the AND speed ups right?

No.. It has some speedups, but not all of AND's speedups. AND should still be 30-60% faster than RoM 2.81

Yes, I already experienced this. Amazing!

Afforess, can you see any more fields for more speed optimalization, or this is just all that can be done in this area? I'm still shocked, how you managed to make it work faster by such a degree. It is not optimalization. It is a revolution!

Afforess, can you see any more fields for more speed optimalization, or this is just all that can be done in this area?

I'd love to see the UI work faster, but I'm afraid that it's slow because of Firaxis, and there is nothing modders can do to fix it.

No, no, no. Bad.

The in-game patcher never works, it lies. You need to download the patch somewhere else and run the installer version. I think CFC has the patch, if you look in the download database.

Once it's been patched, try again. ;)

I just reinstalled CIV IV Complete on my backup computer and got it to update in-game by running as admin. It might work with vista as well, but I don't have vista installed anymore to check.

In Win7 you can just right click the BTS icon from the window's games menu and it has the option to run as admin. You'll need to go to program files if you want to set it permanently in properties menu. it makes it easier to install RoM.

-=Mark=-
maybe next BTS Patch will address this issue.

sorry if this has already been addressed somewhere else in the thread, had a quick scan through and couldnt see anything.

i recently installed 2.8 mega, and when i try and play a game most of the terrain comes out black. tried with and without the 2.81 patch

i played the old version a few days ago so its not my graphics drivers i think.
if its related im running win7 64bit with an Nvidia gfx card.

anyone have any clue as to what the problem is?

sorry if this has already been addressed somewhere else in the thread, had a quick scan through and couldnt see anything.

i recently installed 2.8 mega, and when i try and play a game most of the terrain comes out black. tried with and without the 2.81 patch

i played the old version a few days ago so its not my graphics drivers i think.
if its related im running win7 64bit with an Nvidia gfx card.

anyone have any clue as to what the problem is?

Do you have A New Dawn installed also?

I had the exact same problem with 2.81 Mega and A New Dawn, I also have Win7 64. I think the only options available are to:

1. Reinstall AND but only select non building components

2. Remove ROM Mega and reinstall ROM 2.81 Full. You should then be able to use all of AND.

3. Try this fix http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=135250

I opted for option 2 as i didnt think the extra civs was worth losing out on the full AND content also I didnt have the guts to use the omega driver as it is completely unsupported.

Guys, I returned to this game after almost a year, and I notice that you changed the way xml works with leaderheads. I cannot import leaderheads the way I did it with previous version. What is the way to do it now?

If someone could help me I'd appreciate it. I'm running RoM 2.81 mega on a Windows Vista 64 machine, dual core 3.0 and 4gb of ram. I have had an epic speed game going until January 2072, and I'm finally about to win. However, every time I end turn at this turn it just spins the globe around and never actually finishes the ai turn. It just says waiting, and takes up no cpu utilization. I've tried going to war, nuking people, reloading earlier saves, and it still does this.

I've spent a ridiculous amount of time trying to finish this game and would like to if someone can help.

Thanks

Do you have A New Dawn installed also?

I had the exact same problem with 2.81 Mega and A New Dawn, I also have Win7 64. I think the only options available are to:

1. Reinstall AND but only select non building components

2. Remove ROM Mega and reinstall ROM 2.81 Full. You should then be able to use all of AND.

3. Try this fix http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=135250

I opted for option 2 as i didnt think the extra civs was worth losing out on the full AND content also I didnt have the guts to use the omega driver as it is completely unsupported.

thanks for the reply, i dont have new dawn installed, but i did install the full pack and that works fine, im going to finish up my current game and give some of those options you listed a go. current game should only take a week or two :)

thanks for the reply, i dont have new dawn installed, but i did install the full pack and that works fine, im going to finish up my current game and give some of those options you listed a go. current game should only take a week or two :)

Glad you got it working, I definately recomend giving A New Dawn a try, you may be able to run all of its components with 2.81 Full..... enjoy :)

Top Bottom