1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

RoM Latest Version

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Rise of Mankind' started by zappara, Sep 13, 2007.

1. Revolucion09

Revolucion09 Chieftain

new REV mod is out! with mp fixes, please release a hotfix including it!

2. riddleofsteel

riddleofsteel Office Linebacker

Already planned, from what I gather. It will be worth the wait, just hang on.

3. zappara

zappara Mod Designer

Actually there isn't new out yet. If you mean the RevolutionMP, glider has only posted that lemmy's changes/fixes are now merged to RevMP's SVN and thus aren't actually in the full RevDCM yet - in fact, after looking the SVN I noticed that the MP version uses some old python coding that was removed in RevDCM 2.7 (CvPath.py etc) so I'm not going to even try merging their SVN version yet to RoM. I'll wait for full RevDCM version...

4. civhelp121

civhelp121 Chieftain

hi, I had installed this mod into my computer. Its a long story but I had to wipe that computer and download windows 7. I installed civilization IV, along with warlords and beyond the sword with the latest patches for each. However, instead of being in C:program files each is filed seperatly under C:\Users\"name"\documents\mygames\beyondthesword
    At that last part, with Beyondthesword, each one has its own file so for warlords it would be C:\Users\"name"\documents\mygames\warlords.

Is it ok for the setup to be like that? Did I download it the wrong way?

5. Afforess

Afforess The White Wizard

You should still have a folder in either Program Files (or Program Files x86, if it's a 64bit OS). The my documents folder is documented (heh) to cause issues.

6. civhelp121

civhelp121 Chieftain

well I did double check and it is not in the program files. When installing I unclicked the option that says install in all users, which I think may have led it to install simply in that document folder. So far Rise of Mankind is working fine but I know I've had some issues with this before in The New Dawn Modmod so I will uninstall, then reinstall and make sure everything goes right.

Unfortunately due to some complications from switching computers the wireless USB that I used to get the internet from the wireless router is not picking up the internet and the new computer, when I put the wireless USB in, is not picking up that there is new hardware. I mean, I don't expect anyone to answer since this isn't a Netgear forum, but if someone could help I would very much appreciate it.

7. Flay

Flay Chieftain

Since 2.9 is not MP friendly I move back to 2.81.
    But one thing I would like to change in 2.81:
    Cottage do not remove forest, How can I do that ?
    and jungle removable with only bronze working aswell

8. ctarhan

ctarhan Chieftain

I am having this error in everygame I played after 100-200 turns. I can't load saves either after this error. What is the problem please help. I take this error without and with a new dawn modmod, so it isn'nt because of his modmod. I deleted and installed 2.90 3 times but nothing changed. I had'nt any error with 2.81 before.

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
    Application Name: Civ4BeyondSword.exe
    Application Version: 3.1.9.0
    Application Timestamp: 4a0c27e6
    Fault Module Name: Civ4BeyondSword.exe
    Fault Module Version: 3.1.9.0
    Fault Module Timestamp: 4a0c27e6
    Exception Code: c0000005
    Exception Offset: 005437f7
    OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
    Locale ID: 1055
    Additional Information 1: 8485
    Additional Information 2: 84853502223d8164a31468861a7c3d71
    Additional Information 3: a4ea
    Additional Information 4: a4eacf9d27e5ee8cb3a70ac0035eb8ab

Read our privacy statement online:
    http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?link...8&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
    C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

9. civhelp121

civhelp121 Chieftain

I'm not sure if this is a common problem, but when I unzipped the .rar, i got over 3000 errors. Also the rise of mankind folder didn't show up. I've uninstalled and reinstaled this mod several times today this is the first time my method didn't work:

I download the .rar file. I go to the program files to fixaris games and so on till I get to the beyond the sword mods folder. I don't see the .rar file there. This is fine, I've handled it before. I go to download it again, but when I click save an arrive at the beyond the sword mods folder instead of downloading I deleate the .rar file. I cancel the download. Then I go to computer to c drive and so on until the beyond the sword mods folder again.

I then take the .rar document from the recycle bin and into the mods folder. It changes name to some weird random symbol thing, but I unzip it using 7-zip and usually I get the full rise of mankind folder with only a couple hundred errors in the unzipping. This time I got a couple thousand and no rise of mankind folder. Can someone lay it out step by step so someone like me who is basically guessing how to do things as he goes along can download this mod properly?

I mean, I was able to use the above method when I had vista, but as I mentioned I had to wipe everything and reinstall the mod...

one more thing, the files I can't see unless I go to download, click save, then look through the files have the images of locks on them while the other files don't.

10. zappara

zappara Mod Designer

@civhelp121

Sounds like a corrupted download if you get that many errors. There shouldn't be any errors when extracting the file.

1. download the rar file
    2. go the folder where the downloaded file is
    3. right click file and choose extract file to... (option depends on what unpacker program you got installed)
    4. window opens, locate '..\Beyond the sword\mods' -folder and click extract
    5. once extraction is complete check that there's Rise of Mankind folder in Mods -folder. If there's something else (like RiseOfMankind2.9) go inside this folder and move the 'Rise of Mankind' -folder from it to the 'Mods' folder.
    6. start playing the mod

11. thermocaster

thermocaster Chieftain

I just had this happen to me as well! It's a Windows 7 thing, from what I can tell.

Is your BTS folder in your Program Files directory? If so, it won't allow you to unzip and create a new folder in your program files directory due to system security.

What I did was unzip to another folder (outside of Program Files), then copypasta the directorytree into the BTS/MOD folder. It'll ask you whether you want to give it permission to do that, and as long as you click yes, you'll be in good shape.

12. NBAfan

NBAfan boss

What you said will work.:goodjob: It is because Windows 7 write protects everything in the Program files.:mad: I extract it to the desktop and copy it over to the mods folder.

13. zappara

zappara Mod Designer

Oh yeah, the famous user account control ie. UAC. My rule of thumb with games: never install them into program files folder - that's just asking for trouble :lol:

14. NBAfan

NBAfan boss

Running the program as an administrator seems to work fine.:)
    I just upgraded from XP so now I know what the UAC is.

15. zappara

zappara Mod Designer

Download Rise of Mankind 2.91patch

2.91 version notes:

Mods
    ----
    - Updated: Updated to current BUG SVN (some bug fixes)

Random events
    -------------
    - Fixed: Independent fishers event checks for coast plots in the city
    - Fixed: National anthem text entry
    - Fixed: Warship quest applies the reward to Port, Commercial Port and International Port (ie. the reward carries over to upgrade buildings)
    - Fixed: Harbormaster quest applies the reward to Port, Commercial Port and International Port (ie. the reward carries over to upgrade buildings)
    - Fixed: The Huns requires Mounted Archery (spawns Horse Archers), now more historically accurate appearance
    - Changed: Malaccan pirates event spawns Torpedoboats instead of Transports (transports only defensive) and they get more promotions
    - Changed: Vandals event spawns Light Swordsman instead of Swordsman (iron working req.)

Modules
    -------
    - Fixed: UN Mission advisor CTD problem
    - Fixed: no GP icon for unit 25 warning message should no longer appear -> removed Great General II from Warlords module (other way would have been to add new defines for this unit to BUG's GPUtil.py but since this is module it would cause errors if user removes this module and python still refers to it...

National Wonders
    ----------------
    - Changed: World bank gold reserve bonus per turn 2% -> 1% (how to change this national wonder to affect other players as well?)

Buildings
    ---------
    - Changed: Slave market position in tech tree screen - now in Slavery tech. reqs still the same.
    - Changed: Lighthouse gives +1 gold from sea plots instead of food
    - Changed: Fisherman's hut gives +1 food from sea plots, no longer give food bonuses from seafood resources

Tech tree
    ---------
    - Changed: RoM 2.81 tech tree screen coloring is on by default (new option in RoM settings page in BUG options)

Units
    -----
    - Changed: Siege quinquereme str 6 -> 5
    - Changed: Modern Grenadier has now attack bonus against Flamethrower
    - Changed: Light tank has bonus vs. Mounted instead of wheeled
    - Changed: Heavy Tank has bonus vs. Tracked instead of wheeled (Armor is still better)
    - Changed: Machinegun no longer upgrade to Armored Car

Techs
    -----
    - Fixed: Aerodynamics quote sound disabled since this tech is no longer named Advanced Flight thus generic sounds should be used instead
    - Changed: Machinery AIWeight 0->100

Mod settings
    ------------
    - Disabled: BUG mod's tech tree era shadows off by default
    - Added: RoM tech tree era color method to RoM Settings page. On by default. Works with BUG's shadow option but I wouldn't recommend using both methods at the same time
    - Changed: BUG mod's logging (to screen) set from warnings to errors by default (less annoying messages on screen)

Python
    ------
    - Changed: City screen shows now resources in single display (thanks Afforess)
    - Changed: Defense modifier always displayed in city screen
    - Fixed: Strategy overlay feature

Civics
    ------
    - Changed: Church state religion building prod. modifier 25% -> 10%
    - Changed: State Church state religion building prod. modifier 20% -> 15%
    - Changed: Free Church state religion building prod. modifier 25% -> 20%

Buttons
    -------
    - Fixed: Alpha channel for 70 or so buttons (thanks to Afforess)

CityLSystem
    -----------
    - Fixed: Arcology oversize bug

Game options
    ------------
    - Changed: Permanent alliances option hidden because option currently bugged and should not be used. Will be fixed later.

Maps
    ----
    - Added: 12 Earth maps (Small and Tiny) with different settings made by ComradeKristov

16. Aristos

Aristos Lightseeker

I love you. :D

Should be save game compatible... right?

17. zappara

zappara Mod Designer

Unfortunately no, the DLL is updated as well some game settings so old saved games from v2.9 will not work.

18. Aristos

Aristos Lightseeker

I don't love you anymore. :D

Just kiddin'

19. Flay

Flay Chieftain

any mp fix ?

20. Afforess

Afforess The White Wizard

No, MP has not been changed. When it has, we will announce it, loudly. ;)