RoM Latest Version

it may be a corrupted file but every time I download it I get hundreds of errors. I literally follow those instructions you posted every time. I did get it downloaded by downloading it to the desktop, but like I said I clicked on your link to that website to download the file and it is still corrupted. Not to mention every time I download the file and run a virus check afterward I get a couple of bad cookies.

Any plans to release megaciv pack for 2.9 soon?

I installed civilization IV, along with warlords and beyond the sword with the latest patches for each. However, instead of being in C:program files each is filed seperatly under C:\Users\"name"\documents\mygames\beyondthesword
At that last part, with Beyondthesword, each one has its own file so for warlords it would be C:\Users\"name"\documents\mygames\warlords.

Is it ok for the setup to be like that? Did I download it the wrong way?

After having read several of your comments both here and on the AND forum I can tell you are not very familiar with Windows 7 or User Account Control. Windows 7 makes it very difficult to modify files in your c:\Program files folder. Microsoft calls it better security, I and many others call it a nuisance.
My suggestion to you is this:
Spoiler :
As I said in the AND forum make sure you are not using any download accelerators. If you don't know how to be sure, download uTorrent and download the RoM 2.9 Torrent. As for AND I don't know that there is a torrent available. I will be looking into that tomorrow.
Uninstall everything; RoM, BtS, Civ 4, everything
restart your computer
If java is not installed, install it. Restart after java install
make a new folder in your c:\ drive (call it whatever you want; for this example I will call it Civilization)
install Civ 4 to c:\Civilization
install latest patch (I believe 1.74?)
install BtS to c:\Civilization
install BtS 3.19 patch
(You dont need to install Warlords as everything in it is also in BtS)
Download RoM 2.90 NOT 2.91 to your desktop
Download AND 1.71
Right click the RoM 2.9 RAR and select 'Extract here'
Right click the new folder it made that should be called "Rise of Mankind" and select copy. If it is not called that, you did something wrong.
Go to C:\Civilization\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods (you may have to insert "\Firaxis Games" after "\Civilization" before "\Sid Meier's C.....")
Paste the folder you copied into this folder.
Go back to your desktop and run "A New Dawn 1.71.exe"
Click Yes
Click Next
Click Browse and point it to the folder you just pasted in C:\Civilization\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods (it will be the same only with "\Rise of Mankind" at the end)
After clicking Ok confirm that the path is correct and click next
For simplicity select 'Recommended Setup' its stable and provides balanced games
The Installer should run for a minute and then a new window will pop up called WOC installer. close this window and exit the installer.
Civ 4, BtS, RoM, and AND should all be successfully installed.
I assume you know how to load a mod

If you followed my instructions to the letter I guarantee that the game and mod will work.

Since we didnt install Civ 4 in your 'program files' your shouldn't have to run as admin and I would recommend NOT as it causes the program to use different folders for your save files, etc. Your saves should be in your user folder under My Documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword\saves\single

im waiting for the megapack for RoM 2.91!!!!!

Do you remember the size of the megapack before? Yes, well. Let Zappara have time to slowly and systemically convert his civs to 2.90 series standard plus have them be individually available to us :). Patience is a virtue, after all :D.

Do you remember the size of the megapack before? Yes, well. Let Zappara have time to slowly and systemically convert his civs to 2.90 series standard plus have them be individually available to us :). Patience is a virtue, after all :D.

ok!! im just telling it, so he wont forget it!! :p :p

illl wait forever! :D:D

Wondering if there is a way to upgrade all units of a certain type - like rifleman or upgrade ALL units - like rifleman, swordsman, crossbowman, etc? As the game moves on and you get 30 or more cities, this becomes a huge task...

Wondering if there is a way to upgrade all units of a certain type - like rifleman or upgrade ALL units - like rifleman, swordsman, crossbowman, etc? As the game moves on and you get 30 or more cities, this becomes a huge task...

The Alt key. Click the upgrade unit icon when holding down alt.

is it possible to activate the RevDCM option in MP game somehow?
I need to try somthing.

Is there a non .rar file I can download to get this mod? Do you guys know any cheap ways I can get stuff so my comp would read .rar files?

Has anyone found a way to get rid of the performance issues late-game?
Running a 4Ghz Quadcore (OC'd), 12 Gigs of RAM (1600Mhz), Ati Radeon HD5850 and even got Civ on my SSD instead of regular hard drive, and still RoM is just nearly unplayable late once you get to modern ages and beyond, having to wait almost 10 minutes between turns.

Hi,

I am running ROM 2.9 with AND. I'm trying to upgrade to 2.91. If I just install the patch, it seems to install OK but when trying to load the mod it crashes the game. If I use the whole 2.91 file, I get some sort of corrupt file warning when unpacking it, followed by a bunch of XML errors when trying to load the mod, and finally it crashes the game.

I'm happy with 2.9, but I'd like to upgrade to the 'latest version' since that seems to be what some things are tuned for. (Specifically the latest FoR map mod.) If you need me to upload something, let me know what.

Thanks for any help.

EDIT: Note that I've only got BTS installed. Could that be part of the problem?

Hi,

I am running ROM 2.9 with AND. I'm trying to upgrade to 2.91. If I just install the patch, it seems to install OK but when trying to load the mod it crashes the game. If I use the whole 2.91 file, I get some sort of corrupt file warning when unpacking it, followed by a bunch of XML errors when trying to load the mod, and finally it crashes the game.

I'm happy with 2.9, but I'd like to upgrade to the 'latest version' since that seems to be what some things are tuned for. (Specifically the latest FoR map mod.) If you need me to upload something, let me know what.

Thanks for any help.

EDIT: Note that I've only got BTS installed. Could that be part of the problem?

It is install RoM 2.9 then patch to 2.91 and only then add AND. Should not be done in a different order.

It is install RoM 2.9 then patch to 2.91 and only then add AND. Should not be done in a different order.

I got the errors trying to install 2.91 before I even knew about AND. I don't remember if I tried patching though; I will try that when I have a chance and let you know.

I am almost certain that I am running ROM 2.9 with AND, but hovering over the culture flag says that I am running 2.91. Is that a bug?

Just a question. How did the Communist government civic end up excised from the latest version?

Probably because Communism isn't a civic, it's a philosophy best represented by multiple civics.

Just a question. How did the Communist government civic end up excised from the latest version?

That is actually AND modification. With RoM 2.91 only, Communism civic is still there.

Top Bottom