RoM Modular Leaderheads-Hitler & Pol Pot

generalstaff

Steadfast
Modular Leaderheads-Hitler and Pol Pot for Rise of Mankind 2.71 by generalstaff, version 0.9 Beta

Installation:
Unzip and make sure that the "Pol Pot" and "Hitler" folders as put in the "Custom Leaderheads" folder in the "Rise of Mankind" folder.
I compressed this mod so that it can be unzipped in the "Beyond the Sword/Mods" folder.
Be sure to add:
<Module>
<Directory>Hitler</Directory>
<bLoad>1</bLoad>
</Module>
<Module>
<Directory>Pol Pot</Directory>
<bLoad>1</bLoad>
</Module>
to the correct spot in the "MLF_CIV4ModularLoadingControls" file in the "Custom Leaderheads" folder.
Readmes can obviously be moved where you want to store them or deleted (the latter is not recommended)

Module:
Adds Hitler (Charasmatic and Scientific, fav. civic: Fascist) and Pol Pot (Agricultural and Philosophical, fav. civic: Communist) leader heads for Germany and Khmer respectively.
Realistic Diplomacy included for both leaders.

Known Issues:
I have yet to get the Diplomacy Music to work. That is why it is currently a beta version. I am hoping that a second pair of eyes will find the error I have made. I will do an "official" release once this problem is taken care of. The beta can be downloaded here (each is separate due to upload restrictions).

Update, 8/31/09
Issue fixed
Pol Pot and Hitler are going to be two of twenty-five (25) leaderheads I plan to release very soon. This means that these beta files are obsolete and are being removed due to limited memory for attachments.

I think that the problem with sounds and music is that they can't be modular, There was a discussion on how to add them and what WoC was going to do about it - some automated way of moving/merging the XML into the base mod files. I don't think they have anything yet.

I think that the problem with sounds and music is that they can't be modular, There was a discussion on how to add them and what WoC was going to do about it - some automated way of moving/merging the XML into the base mod files. I don't think they have anything yet.

They can be modular, I think if you run the "woc_installer.jar" in your modules folder, but the problem is that every user will need to run it, and it might be difficult for non-tech savvy users. Otherwise, you just have to intigrate it into the main RoM audiodefines. It sucks, I know.

They can be modular, I think if you run the "woc_installer.jar" in your modules folder, but the problem is that every user will need to run it, and it might be difficult for non-tech savvy users. Otherwise, you just have to intigrate it into the main RoM audiodefines. It sucks, I know.

What a choice, it is like choosing between Hitler and Pol Pot.

The easy way is to integrate it and give directions on how to do so, since I have add people who had issues with the Modular Wonders II folder path. I guess I also could wait until I finish all the Leaderheads I have planned, and release them all in one pack instead of two at a time and have the installation overwrite the necessary files, since I doubt anybody modified them for personal use.

since I doubt anybody modified them for personal use.

I have, but then, I'm probably the only one. It's okay, I'll just use Winmerge.

I have, but then, I'm probably the only one. It's okay, I'll just use Winmerge.

I planned to include in the future installation instructions that it will overwrite a couple of files. I guess I have to assume tech savvy users, like you, will either use Winmerge, or at least, copy+paste what is needed or their personal editing.

Top Bottom