RoM not loading?

After choosing the Rise of Mankind mod, it appears to be loading properly, but when finished I am in vanilla BTS. This is strange because I was in the middle of a game, i.e it loaded correctly the first time I tried. But nothing has changed as far as I know. Has anybody else had this problem? Suggestions?

I did have an unusual shutdown during the last game. I was thrown into the World Builder somehow and could not exit normnally, so I had to use alt-ctr-del to close the game.

I suppose I will have to reinstall unless somebody recognizes the problem.

Update: I reinstalled the full 2.3, but I get the same result, only vanilla BTS, no ROM. Mystifying!

Clear cache, make sure you are at the latest version of BTS (3.17)

To clear cache hold shift down while double clicking Civilization4.exe

Still not loading after I deleted ROM, uninstalled and reinstalled BTS, installed patch 3.17, reinstalled ROM Full 2.3 (using winrar), cleared cache. Same result. It loads ROM, then at the last split second, ROM window is rejected in favor of vanilla BTS.

Any explanations anybody? It worked fine 2 days ago.

Winrar may have made an extra subfolder when you unzipped the mod. Check that RoM folder is like this:

...\Beyond the sword\Mods\Rise of Mankind\Assets\...

If you got something else between Mods and Rise of Mankind, then you'll have to move Rise of Mankind folder (and its subfolders} to Mods folder.

There is nothing between Mods and Rise of Mankind, so the structure looks OK. I note that there is one file in my Mods folder that is not unzipped, namely the multiplayer fix. Does that have aný significance?

That multiplayer fix zip file should actually be in Rise of Mankind folder and not in Mods folder... so I'm still suspecting that there's something odd with the folder structure and unzip process. I'd suggest you try to unzip the mod with Winzip or Powerarchiver programs instead of Winrar and see if that helps.

Top Bottom