1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

RoM Scenarios?

Discussion in 'RoM Scenarios and Maps' started by fireclaw722, Dec 26, 2009.

1. fireclaw722

fireclaw722 Imperial Guard

I really hate how there are many scenarios in RoM, and most are barely what I consider that. I would really like to see some actual scenarios, like of a Word War, the French Revolution(which would, I think, be the most interesting), and even some on the Mighty Roman Empire.

I have used one of the Europe Maps to create a Late-Industrial scenario, since my map-making skills are limited to WB, I would like some help changing the start date and to add the Dutch & Portugese(they are not on this map, suprisingly).

Attached Files:

2. zappara

zappara Mod Designer

You can open the scenario file to notepad and edit there game options (starting date) and add civs (player+team).

3. fireclaw722

I've tried that already. It gave me the "Failed to read..." for it when I opened the Scenarios/Custom Scenarios

4. zappara

zappara Mod Designer

That's odd. Maybe there was some incorrect setting which prevented the game to load the scenario file. I use Notepad++ when editing those map files and when adding civs to the map I usually make another custom game in-game to which I choose the civs that I want and then save the map and then copy&paste the players and teams to the scenario file so that there's no mistakes.

I wish I had more time to make scenarios.. I've always wanted to have Africa Colonization, Roman empire type of scenarios in RoM...

5. fireclaw722

I plan to give it another go sometime tonight, maybe(just maybe) it'll work.