Roman Equites

Gaias

Earthman
This unit has been sitting on my HD for sometime now. I was going to release this unit in January, yet due to personal reasons (close friend of the family diagnosed with terminal cancer) I didn't have it in me to do it.

So without future ado...

Download

As with Ares and Mirc, I am also sorry for your friend. But welcome back to the forum anyhow.

The unit is what we have come to expect from you - good conversion. I am sure I will find a place for this somewhere. The horse animations are a cut above most cavalry you see in civ - very impressive. :)

Do I dare ask if you have any more conversions planned? :mischief:

Thank you all for you kind words. :blush: Its been a trying month, as I haven't had much experience with those that are to pass on.

I have every intentions of converting more units, yet it is a matter of when I will have the time to do so. These conversions are rather time consuming as I essentially have to reanimated all of them to civ3 standard. Also I am a perfectionist at heart and just glad that I can settle for what I have and share it. My rather short attention span only allows me to spend a few days on a unit, so I cannot produce as many as I would like. Yet I will continue to make the conversions as the mood strikes me.

I don't have any particular list of what units I will be converting. I will more or less do each unit in the factions (Roman, Carthage, etc...). Maybe might change it up and do other mods (if I get permission) when I get bored of the current ones.

I cannot promise anything (as I have failed before) yet hopefully I can grab a few hours and get some more units out there. Definitely have new respect for those unit makers who have created hundreds of units over the years. It ain't easy!

Very well done!!!

I've had family members that have died from cancer, very close family members. So while I can't say I know exactly what you're going through, I can say I have a general idea. My sincerest condolences.

Also Gaias, I believe there were some people that were requesting some units in the Request Thread, many of which were in RTR demo. If you're looking for units to convert, you may want to look there. Just a heads up.

I also have a very short attention span, the perfectionist mindset, with ADD to boot. If these weren't present, I'd start a mod/scenario that I have been thinking about making.

Cool, I've need these to Romanize my game.
(Even if in RTW they like to get into "Let's see who can suicide faster" matches with other light calvary)

I hope your friend is in good health.

Top Bottom