1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Romanate

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Demo Game III: RPG' started by Civanator, Jun 19, 2003.

1. Civanator

Civanator Deity

Welcome. I am Grand Master Anthony, and I bring you Romanate. It is a skill of self-defence and fighting, and is very useful. Come, I will show you what you ned to know.

When you start, you will begin with a White Belt. To advance, you need to master your Kata's and Fighting. Each time you succeed, you gain a stripe. You need to accumulate stripes to advance in Ranking. As a matter of fact, here are the rankings:

White (Beginner) [6 stripes to advance]
    Yellow (Novice) [6 stripes to advance]
    Green (Intermediate) [6 tripes to advance]
    Brown (Advanced) [6 stripes to advance]
    Black (Expert) [10 stripes to advance]
    Red & White (Master) [10 stripes to advance]
    Blood Red (Grand Master) [Final Belt {Very hard to achieve}]

As you can see, you need stripes to advance. When you advance you do not throw away your previous belt. You must keep it, so when you go to achieve Black Belt, you need all previous belts.

Romanate also exhibits self-control, and discipline to your superiors. If you disobey, you may lose a stripe. Also, if you fail to remember your Kata in 7 days, your belt is revoked for 7 days, and you cannot gain any status. To retrieve your belt, you must perform a Boonka, a Kata with 2 people, and some fighting. If you pass, you receive your belt. If you fail, you receive your belt with 1 less stripe.

About weapons: Once you achieve Advnaced Ranking, you start work with the hand sickle. At Advanced [4 stripes] you learn to use the Escrima. At Expert you start learning how to use The bow properly. At Black Belt [2 stripes] you learn to use the sai (thre pronged knife). AT Black Belt [4 tripes] you learn to use the katana (samurai sword), a most deadly and powerful weapon. It is light, but not easy to handle correctly. At Black Belt [6 stripes] you learn to use the Dai-Katana.

Blocking and Evading: In Romanate, you are to fight without anger. Anger blinds you, and a blind fighter is a dead fighter.
    In order not to anger yourself, you must concentrate. Concentrate your energy to muscles all your muscles. With this energy, you can move quickly. But, this requires practice, and alot of it. This skill is called Budakai. Meditation every day is required to master it, and only Masters and Grand Masters can acheive this.

List of our members:

Grand Master:
    Grand Master Anthony

Masters:
    Master Alia [6 stripes]

Experts:

Advanced:
    None

Intermidiates:

Novices:
    Mara Jade [3 stripe]
    CivGeneral [2 stripes]

Beginners:
    *Jade Commandos
    Alpha [3 stripes]
    Sir John [3 stripes]
    Scrobius [2 stripes]

OOC: * represents NPC's.

2. GenMarshall

GenMarshall Night Elven Ghost Agent

New Suramar City, Vekta, United Terran Systems
    I would like to Sign up for this and have the Jade Commandos be trained in this :). Oh yes, and Mara Jade wishes to sign up as well.

3. Civanator

Civanator Deity

Master Alia: I will train Mara, as we are both women ;)

Grand Master Anthony: I will train The Jade Commandos. I hope they are speedy learners :)

4. Sir John

Sir John The evil one...

I will join this thingy. So will Alpha and Beta.

BTW: Kata? have u been studying karate? Well, I do like the system but i do think the one I made when I gave it a shot was better ;P (I actually do martial arts on real.. :) )

5. Civanator

Civanator Deity

OOC: My older brother is a Black Belt, so he advised me on most of the items, and I added a few of my own ;)

Alia: I will train you two, as Anthony has ventured off to seek Adventure. Here are your belts, you both start at white. You are to obey my teachings and commands, or the consequences won't be delighting.

6. GenMarshall

OOC: Umm CivGeneral also signed up.

7. Civanator

Civanator Deity

Oh. I didn't know you were using yourself as a player.

8. GenMarshall

Its ok. Also, Mara and I are quite fast learners :). And I can assure you that the Jade Commando Officers and Solders are also fast learners.

9. Sir John

Sir John The evil one...

ahh.. I tought u had two characters and then the player... So I joiend with all three.. hehe.. well, then Ill just join with Me and Alpha (beta does no longer exist) :)

10. Civanator

Civanator Deity

Master Alia: Ok. To get your third stripe, you must correctly present your Kata, and then you must Fight an opponent. If you fight worthy enough, you will get a stripe. If you present your Kata correctly, you will get another stripe. Is this clear?

Another thing:
    When fighting, you will get points. you must get 5-10 points, depending on the match. here is the Point Sheet:

Kicks
    Kick to torso: 2 points
    Kick to back: 1 point
    Kick to head: No points. Matched stopped to check if everyone is ok.
    Kick to shoulder: 0 points

All punches are 1 point each.

Honor
    If the opponent is injured, you must face your corner on your knees until a judge taps your shoulder to resume the fight.

Remember to fight to the full extent of your skills...

11. GenMarshall

Mara Jade & CivGeneral: Yes Master Alia

Mara Jade: But who to fight?

CivGeneral: How about one of us Fights Alpha and the other Fights Sir John

Mara Jade: Sounds alright to me.

12. Civanator

Civanator Deity

Alia:
    Mara will fight Alpha.

CivGeneral will fight Sir John.

Remember to fight honorably, and to use all you know in Romanate.

Mara, Alpha, I am stopping you here. Noval, Sir John, you too. You all have shown worthy of yourselves, and gain an extra stripe. Remember to keep training, never give up..... never.

13. GenMarshall

Mara Jade and CivGeneral bow down to Sir John and Alpha

Alia: Mara and CivGeneral. I would like you to practace your skills with one another. Remember to keep training, never give up..... never.

Mara Jade & CivGeneral: We will.

OOC; Would your Older Brother know if there are any karate classes for Beginner Adults (IE for People above the age of 20)? :)

14. Civanator

Civanator Deity

OOC: CG, anyone can join a Karate class. He doesn't know where to find an Adult beginner though... He is 1 stripe from a Black belt and 16 years old. Maybe he'll look into it... :)

15. GenMarshall

Mara Jade: CivGeneral and I would like to test Our skills against Alia. CivGeneral and I have been Practacing. Hopefully us two would get to earn a Stripe or Two :).

16. ScorpiusAP

ScorpiusAP Chieftain

Scrobius Pantonius: I would like to sign up. I am already a skilled swordsman as I showed at the Grand Tournament, but I desire to gain knowledge of all types, especially when it comes to improving my leadership, fighting, or tactics.

17. Civanator

Civanator Deity

Anthony: Scrobius, you will begin training now :). I will train you, and can train you personally if you wish o advance quickly.

18. ScorpiusAP

ScorpiusAP Chieftain

Scrobius: I am honored.

19. GenMarshall

Mara Jade: Well I have my things. My K-Bar Knife and a Leg Knife Holster. My Purple Sword and Escrima. CivGeneral has the same

Mara Jade puts on her Hood. CivGeneral also puts on his Hood and Purple Beret

Alia: Excelent. The Escrima can also work as a Walking stick through our Trip to the Desert

CivGeneral: Let us know when you and Anthony are ready.