Romanian Infantry (WWII)

Wonderblunder

Part Time Monster in the Closet
I'm back and ready to make more units/leaderheads!:D

This is a unit I made from scratch, based off of Romanian Infantrymen during WWII. The Romanian army fought mainly in the Eastern Front during the war, in which thousands of Romanians died from frostbite and hypothermia.

Uses Infantry animations
Polycount (for those who are interested):780

DOWNLOAD

Thanks. Yeah, it would be great if it could support high-res models without lagging, though it seems to handle the Atlantica unit conversions pretty well.

I'm back and ready to make more units/leaderheads!:D
That's good to hear, nice work. :goodjob:
Sad, that Civ4 doesn't support models with higher resolutions :(.
Thanks. Yeah, it would be great if it could support high-res models without lagging, though it seems to handle the Atlantica unit conversions pretty well.
I'm wondering about that, too. Does anybody know how the polycount affect the performance of Civ4?
Of course a smaller polycount is always better, but, for example, is a unit with three meshes with a polycount of about 1100 each as bad as a single mesh unit with a polycount of about 3300? Or does it perform better because the program only has to load the same mesh thrice?

Also how bad is a larger .dds file (256*256 for example)? Is it loaded for each single mesh or once for all meshes together? Would a larger .dds file for a single mesh unit be not as bad as one for a three mesh unit?

And what about the size of the .kf files? The Atlantica ones are larger than the Civ4 ones after all.

:confused:

unfortunally the answer afaik still is: :confused:
Dang! :(

Well, can't be anything done about it I guess.

And sorry for derailing this thread a bit. :shifty:

Top Bottom