Rome Bonus - Working as Intended?

aj_hix36

Chieftain
I noticed that Rome is only getting a 25% boost to production from buildings already built in the capital, rather than the 50% boost according to this link.

I searched through later patch notes to see if that page was just not updated and didn't find anything.

Is this a new change that is working as intended, or a bug?

I'm quite sure that it's supposed to be 25%, but a search on the website came up with nothing (which is odd, because the UA was definitely modded by Thal in the past). I've been meaning to update the site for a while now since new iterations of the mod are pretty rare these days, so I'll be sure to include this (undocumented?) change.

I did some research through my archives and it appears that change was made (returning the 50% bonus back to the vanilla 25%) in the v5.0 compatibility update for the big vanilla patch on March 4th of last year. Somehow I forgot to put that change in the patch notes at the time, so it got overlooked in future documentation updates. I think that was the vanilla patch when Firaxis changed several production modifiers, so I dropped the Roman bonus down to keep it in line with the rest.

Top Bottom