1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Rome's Scenario in Civ 2

Discussion in 'Civ2 - Strategy & Tips' started by Nyvin, Oct 30, 2005.

1. Nyvin

Nyvin Unseen Leader

Just wondering, has anyone ever taken the time to 'beat' this Scenario? I usually enjoy playing it for a little while, but it just gets to be too slow really. I was wondering if anyone could post a screenshot or something of a winning game with this Scenario (without cheating...)

Just curious cause it's about the only Civ made Scenario that I havn't beaten, lol. Btw, my favorite civ in this one was either the Romans or Selucids.

2. ElephantU

ElephantU Deity

Try PMing a player named Lafayette. He seems to have beaten all the known scenarios, playing as most all of the optional civs too. He may even have put up an old thread on the Rome scenario somewhere. He loves discussing scenario strategies.

One thing you must do is study the special units and rules before starting the game, and try not to get distracted by regular-style Civ play. There are often opportunities during the game to take side trips that waste units or time and postpone securing the critical objectives. Figure out what the most important victory conditions are and stick to your goals.

3. bruderpetrus

bruderpetrus Chieftain

played it three times jet.

first was as roman, next this egyptian game:

last one i took the carthagian and a friend took seleucid via LAN. this one ended 52 BC (i conquered all of his cities in one turn using around 50 spies, 50 tanks and his railroad system)

Attached Files:

4. Perfection

Perfection The Great Head.

He had railroads?

Dumanios likes this.