Ronald's Domination

Ronald

Emperor
After trying and failing to get the fastest diplo victory, I am now shooting for the fastest domination:

Game settings:

Chieftain
Tiny, warm, wet, 5 billion
Playing Sumeria: Agricultural for fast city growth, scientific for higher SGL probability and possibility for a very early GA with the enkidu warrior

My opponents: Netherlands and Iroquoise

Thats my starting position after popping a settler with my worker:

Between these two cities I was able to produce 2 settlers every 4 turns during my GA and 4 settlers every 9 turns afterwards.

I only produced one worker. The idea is to send the first two settlers to build 2 near cities which should manage to produce 1 settler each and then send the early settlers to the most remote locations.

My research path:

CB - no SGL
Mysticism - no SGL
Polytheism - no SGL
The Wheel - finally the SGL to build ToA

I first discovered The Netherlands and when I had two enkidu in position I attacked Amsterdam which was defended by 1 warrior only. I took it and Amsterdam was able to produce 1 settler during the game.

The strategy worked quite nicely. As you can see I have very few cities early on, but they are all ready for the final expansion:

I reached domination in 1525 BC. I think with a better map this date could be beaten by probably 3 to 5 turns, but nevertheless, I am very pleased with this outcome.

Ronald that whips @ss, quite impressive how you went from 4 cities to 18 in almost no time. I tried 6 Sumerian games yesterday trying to do this and couldnt get one to beat Smirk's record at all, best I could do was within a hundred years. Bah, now I KNOW I'll never beat 1525. Very nice job.

Nice going Ronald! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Maybe you should have waited until the next HOF Update before starting this thread!........You know SirPleb is an avid Lurker! :lol:

NO, I'm NOT saying you're an April Fool!........Just had to get that in somewhere today! :groucho: (I know you have a sense of humor!)

EMan said:
Maybe you should have waited until the next HOF Update before starting this thread!........You know SirPleb is an avid Lurker! :lol:

Well, I had a fastest diplomatic win for one day before Sir Pleb beat me, maybe this one stays for 2 days on top :D

Ronald-

The brilliant part of your strategy was to send the EARLY settlers to the farthest locations, and then in-fill the rest of the territory. Really original and great thought. I almost guarantee you've just cut 200 years off my next attempt. Kudos to you and your 1550 bc date!

And, I agree, if you had a better map, you probably could get to 1650 bc. I have a hard time thinking that you could get much earlier.

The very early golden age with the Enkidu is also something to consider....very good RNG luck with the Dutch & the early setter.

@killercane -

I see you beat my Tiny Emperor by two turns! Argh! Emperor and above are real challenges b/c of the 2nd citizen unhappiness. Good show!

@BB- Yeah sorry about that, I better try to get that up or you'll zoom past me by next update. Yeah 2nd citizen unhappiness sucks, but I would say that Emp through Deity are easier than chieftain and warlord since you dont have to rely on SGLs, you just build your 4-7 cities, amass an army and then attack. Im pretty sure I can beat DaveMcW's Sid 130 BC record, but I cant do a pre 1525 chieftain anytime soon. Anybody know why mapfinder stops for me after checking only about 5 maps? Im mapfinder illiterate.

Well done Ronald! :goodjob:

It seems I'm always missing the update by a few hours, but nevertheless I found a very nice map for warlord:

settings: tiny, pangea, 80% water, 5 billion years, wet, temperate, sedentary barbs.
Opponents: Netherlands, Iroquoise, Egypt (that was a mistake, I wanted only two opponents, but instead of putting in none, it was random.)
This map looked so nice that I tried it anyway

I managed to finish two turns earlier than in my chieftain game: Domination in 1575 BC

Attachments

• Ronald_dom_wl_1.JPG
    Ronald_dom_wl_1.JPG
    32.8 KB · Views: 113
Top Bottom