Roosevelt starts in India??

DMOC

Mathematician
I played up a standard GEM map, on immortal difficulty, and I was utterly shocked when, by turn 90, I met Roosevelt while I was playing as Rome on epic speed. I was also shocked when I saw that Roosevelt was at war with the mughals and had wiped them out by turn 95, with about 30 axemen. Now, is this reasonable or not?

I was suspicious so I checked worldbuilder. Roosevelt (who by the way was colored red) started in lower India. Washington and all the other leaders were in their proper place.

:confused:

No joke....

I started up a new map, playing as Rome on Epic speed. This time, after the first turn, I checked worldbuilder. Roosevelt started in Oceania this time.

:confused:

I started up a third map, and this time Roosevelt didn't appear at all.

The CivRev mod comes with a feature of 'civil unrest' (or whatever the exact name is). The point is that if your empire grows too large, or your citizens are unhappy, etc, rebels might appear in the form of a new Civilization. Which is what probably happened in your games.

In GEM, it is rather easy for this to happen, especially in the early turns and in epic and marathon speed (since there are more turns that you could potentially have unhappy or unhealthy citizens, for example).

Nontheless, I think the mod is a fine addition to GEM! It makes it way more dynamic and also means that Civilizations can collapse in the midst of the game, making the game potentially faster.

Keep up the good work Genghis! :goodjob:

With barbaruan civs option on a barbarian city can develop into a civilization and starts with quite a few units to compensate for its lack of techs and population.

Top Bottom