Root Mafia (Game Thread - Mafia Victory)

Now, I'm amazed at how picking one post by el-ahrairah and asking, genuinely, whether it sounded genuine or not started a ball rolling to the effect that el-ahrairah was in fact faking it, etc. etc which was quite eisegetic.

OK. Any other thoughts beyond amazement?

Re: el-ahrairah's point: Also very possible.

Eek! "Fair enough" is something I say a lot IRL. Generally I would say that I value being fair and reasonable as a personality trait (see my very first post for example).

The challenge of being new is that it is harder for me to distinguish between innate personality and role based changes to personality (and it will be the same for you when looking at me).

I notice from looking at previous games that this isn't the first time that JohannaK has been lynched day 1 when playing as town. Maybe there is something about her innate personality that makes her look suspicious?

What I am saying is that there may be something in Johanna's posting style that leads her to be misidentified as scum when she is in fact town. That said I do have suspicions about one of the people in her wagon (I will post later on if I'm still here)

My dude, yesterday you lynched a Town. And last night you attempted to both downplay that action by normalising mislynches on Johanna, and evade responsibility by blaming the victim.

This is, as they say in Germany, "uber fudging scummy".

Vote: Loderingo

I've tried to keep an open mind despite the "tell" thing, but this is outright howling (or whatever sound ravens/bunnies/raccoons make) right here. Ne'er a meow in sight from this rapscallion.

I just read that Loderingo is playing Civ VI, so I am tempted to sheep.

Not really, but I am extremely confident on this due to past precedent and probably a gross overestimation of my ability to continually catch dirty rotten lurker scummehs
This is very similar to how Radish acts as town so far tbh. I have no scum meta on him.

vote:Golden1Knight

i had a look at Choxorn's EoD vote change list and given the confusion the only vote that stands out somewhat strongly as indicating a potential association is Legacy of Smiles on Johanna right after Loderingo's bandwagon was moved to 3.

This vote feels kinda meh. As in, I think it's pretty rand chance of hitting scum.

Vote: Choxorn

you were looking for an easy vote.

I don't hate this vote. As in, when looking for Rhand's claim in my Missing Pages Saga (seriously, one of you could've linked me to it, I'm sure -__-), I glanced over the interaction between Choxo and Ace, and the vibe I got was that Choxo looks like the kinda scum who pokes a town, then gleefully slams a vote down when challenged to do so by said town.

Going off mechanical knowledge of the game, neither the Woodland Alliance nor the Eyrie Dynasties would really make sense as cultists, though one of the factions from the game's expansions is the Lizard Cult (which would make sense as cultists), and the update just mentioned a different expansion faction, the Riverfolk Company.

That said, that sounds more like flavor to me, there's not enough players for there to be that many factions actually in the game.

Pot. Kettle. Black.

Vote: Ace Marvel

I do hate this vote. Hopefully my Calumon Senses are still working at optimum efficiency.

Vote Master Radishes

I would like to call Master Radishes to the stand as basically lock mafia

This vote is also not hated by me. Radishes are supposed to be mildly pepper. Master Radishes are supposed to be the FIERY GOD OF RADISHES. I feel he lacks any sort of peppery kick whatsoever.

This forum is weird and keeps dumping my replies in the middle of other pages, and I still haven't been able to figure out how to ISO people.

Screw this my fine feline furiends, Imma head off to bed for my nightly catnap. Nighty night, don't let the bed-bunnies bite.

Seriously, they're vicious little tossers.

=(^.^)=

Are you able to expand on this for me at all?
Yep!

TL;DR - no-vibes tell

slightly less tl:dr TL;DR - Radishes is the only player who I ended D1 forgetting they existed and had absolutely no opinion on or feelings about. And that is not a good thing

regular explanation - I am crap at D1, I have notnjng to go on, I struggle to make reads in general, the reads I do make I either stick to and they’re wrong, or I don’t stick to and they were right, so I decided “you know what, I’m not gonna worry about D1 at all. I’ll meme it up, push on people for info, and instead of creating a list of town and scumreads and arbitrarily put people in categories to fill an assumed quota, I just won’t put that pressure on myself and instead look for people who have done something to warrant me saying ‘hey, I’m not gonna vote you out today’, and then reevaluate during the night”. So thats pressure relieved off of me, and I do push scummy stuff and things that don’t make sense to me, don’t get me wrong, I just focus on finding town and looking for positive stuff to give a pass to someone for the first day phase rather than focus on finding Mafia and get tripped up by something I perceive as scummy and potentially tunnel into a townie because my brain conflates it’s scumminess and makes it out to be bigger than it is. It works well

One interesting byproduct of having this mindset towards D1, however, is that I tend to just focus on the overall vibes of the thread. I save focusing on what people are saying and doing and how they’re interacting with each other and stuff mostly for N1 and just “listen” to the overall feelings I’m getting. I don’t necessarily put a lot of stock into whatever vibes I get from people, but scummy or townie, I have some sort of opinion on them.

The interesting byproduct of that, is that I have noticed that on D1, there’s always a player who I get no vibes from. None. Nada. Zipperoni. It’s not that they’re quiet, or they haven’t posted, but their content is so safe and bland that it is entirely forgettable, and they in turn are completely unmemorable.

OK I discussed reads with my favorite pet last night, and this is where I am:

Raskolnicrow

TRs
Legacy of Slimes -> Seem OK. Decent level of suspicion, and tonaly correct compared to the last couple of games we played together.
Esooa -> Really liked her catching up toDay (N1). Confident this is town!Esooa.
Marluxion -> Night and day compared to previous game. I don't see him wolfing here. Decent amount of content.
Renata -> Seems OK. Melding on Rhand. Industriously explaining her thought process. Can't remember her wolf range but I am happy to put her in my town core
Loderingo -> Feels happy to be here. I think he derped already.

TLs
Inawoodyes -> Nothing pinged me so far. I disliked his vote on Jo and his inability to read her or reeval at EOD. But I am assuming he had no meta so still OK
Takitties -> Nothing really bad in my book too. But I am just unable to read him. So wait and see.
Golden1Knight: good vibes. But capable player and woof. Must watch

Null & claimed 3P
El-Ah: tinfoiling this slot. As I expressed itt, I think most of his posts are performative. Not advancing the game state as much as he likes to claim imo. must watched as skilled cookie.
Master Radishes. I like the dude, and his jokes. But underwhelming so far.
Rhand. Even less posts than usual. And a lot less content than usual. He is a good solver. I am not seeing it rn. Reeval if he doesn't play town.

POE
Choxowl: Can be a good townie; not seeing it here. Must reread
Cop Argon: Too much noise and nonsense imo.
Ace Marvel: Bad votes. Bad reads. rand >>> wolf
Arakhor: coasting wolf. Struggles to post imo. no solving

Yep!

TL;DR - no-vibes tell

slightly less tl:dr TL;DR - Radishes is the only player who I ended D1 forgetting they existed and had absolutely no opinion on or feelings about. And that is not a good thing

regular explanation - I am crap at D1, I have notnjng to go on, I struggle to make reads in general, the reads I do make I either stick to and they’re wrong, or I don’t stick to and they were right, so I decided “you know what, I’m not gonna worry about D1 at all. I’ll meme it up, push on people for info, and instead of creating a list of town and scumreads and arbitrarily put people in categories to fill an assumed quota, I just won’t put that pressure on myself and instead look for people who have done something to warrant me saying ‘hey, I’m not gonna vote you out today’, and then reevaluate during the night”. So thats pressure relieved off of me, and I do push scummy stuff and things that don’t make sense to me, don’t get me wrong, I just focus on finding town and looking for positive stuff to give a pass to someone for the first day phase rather than focus on finding Mafia and get tripped up by something I perceive as scummy and potentially tunnel into a townie because my brain conflates it’s scumminess and makes it out to be bigger than it is. It works well

One interesting byproduct of having this mindset towards D1, however, is that I tend to just focus on the overall vibes of the thread. I save focusing on what people are saying and doing and how they’re interacting with each other and stuff mostly for N1 and just “listen” to the overall feelings I’m getting. I don’t necessarily put a lot of stock into whatever vibes I get from people, but scummy or townie, I have some sort of opinion on them.

The interesting byproduct of that, is that I have noticed that on D1, there’s always a player who I get no vibes from. None. Nada. Zipperoni. It’s not that they’re quiet, or they haven’t posted, but their content is so safe and bland that it is entirely forgettable, and they in turn are completely unmemorable.
Whoops, posted early.

The first time this happened, I didn’t listen to my gut and trust that I was correct, and a Mafia PR player who I caught on D1 because of this tell made it to the end and won. The second time this happened, I went full-in and ended up catching the cult leader in a cultist scum game. It’s always a Mafia player, and it’s always specifically a mafia player with a power role. And in this game, the player that is hitting all those alarm bells is Radishes. He is metaphorically “faceless”, I can’t “see” him at all or remember anything about him in this game, and that is an immediate red flag for me because in my experience, the only people who hold back and intentionally try to lay low and blend in are Mafia.

the fact that Radishes is the only player who didn’t stand out for me on D1 in any sort of way is ironically why he stands out the most to me today on D2, and I am very confident that he is going to flip Mafia here. Several players here witnessed me do this in Stormtossed and can back up that I know what I’m taking about

^^ the most recent posts made me like El-Ah a bit better and Lode less I guess. I need to reread the night posts I guess.

This forum is weird and keeps dumping my replies in the middle of other pages, and I still haven't been able to figure out how to ISO people.

Screw this my fine feline furiends, Imma head off to bed for my nightly catnap. Nighty night, don't let the bed-bunnies bite.

Seriously, they're vicious little tossers.

=(^.^)=
upload_2021-2-24_23-44-33.png

@Ras -- I did give you a response somewhere, it's not a full one though. If you want to go back and look at G1K -- even just the first half of day one will do -- that'd be cool though.

@Ras -- I did give you a response somewhere, it's not a full one though. If you want to go back and look at G1K -- even just the first half of day one will do -- that'd be cool though.

I am tired, but I am nearly done rereading EOD.

I think Ace/Loderingo/G1K is a possibility now. I will reread tmr when I have some more energy

Vote Master Radishes

I would like to call Master Radishes to the stand as basically lock mafia
Not really, but I am extremely confident on this due to past precedent and probably a gross overestimation of my ability to continually catch dirty rotten lurker scummehs
So yeah, but, no, but yeah but and then you just do the full Little Britain and make a text-wall. Waist-high, i.e. it only covers half my computer screen, but still.

So why ‘not really’ and then all the long-winded argumentation?

Top Bottom