Root Mafia (Game Thread - Mafia Victory)

Anyway, it's hard for me to see anything interesting when I don't know 70% of the players.

I wouldn't be happy on IAWY as a leading wagon but a tie is fine. I like D1 ties. There's nobody scummiliciously standing out to me.
Can you explain to me how this logic works out? If you don’t want me to be a leading wagon, then that would indicate that you don’t want to see me be chopped, but if you’re fine with me being in a tie, that would indicate that you do want to see me chopped, just ... a lesser % chance?

What?

El is putting a lot of effort into content that I see as being hard to fake if Mafia, and I don’t even necessarily disagree with his opinion of my posts so far because I know I’m struggling and it’s bleeding into my posts

Should I be trying to make a good first impression?
Well kind of late for a first but you can probably go for a good second impression
Can you explain to me how this logic works out? If you don’t want me to be a leading wagon, then that would indicate that you don’t want to see me be chopped, but if you’re fine with me being in a tie, that would indicate that you do want to see me chopped, just ... a lesser % chance?

What?
See I have no certainty that you are a wolf. On the other hand I also have no certainly that you are town. Therefore I'm unconfortable making 100% sure you die, but I'm fine accepting a chance of it happening. I'd switch if there was something better, I just don't think there is something worse than just equivalent at the moment.

Well kind of late for a first but you can probably go for a good second impression

See I have no certainty that you are a wolf. On the other hand I also have no certainly that you are town. Therefore I'm unconfortable making 100% sure you die, but I'm fine accepting a chance of it happening. I'd switch if there was something better, I just don't think there is something worse than just equivalent at the moment.
You just said a whole lot of nothing for such a hedgey read

I think that's an accurate assessment.

This is way too confident for a Day 1 read off of what I think is one post?

Renata’s vote isn’t as bad as it seems. They did express suspicion on me before.

I still think Takhisis is a hit. Not a big fan of Golden1Knight just assuming it isn’t.

That was a confident wording yes. The read not so much though.
I felt like probing people about you since I think you have been kinda underwhelming for now.

About Renata, like El-Ah, I really dislike your wording here. Sounds like you are shielding her for? I don't exactly know why you are doing it actually? Is posting impressions while reading bad? in the sense scummy? Why are you reading these votes differently?

The role pm thing and then saying she should vote me but not actually moving the vote, keeping it on IAWY, someone he doesn’t have a reason for voting to start with.

You called the wagon bad and tried to get a counter going and now again you say it’s probably a town yeet. You’re trying hard to derail the lynch for not having D1 reads.

Did you see anything else that pinged your scumdar so far? I'll reread Takhisis now.

Normally I have one or two solid town reads by this point, but I think the fact that this game is almost certainly multiball is throwing off my scumdar, because while would normally assume that the people making reads I can vibe with or see the process of are the same alignment as me, it's very possible that in this game they're just different factions of anti-Cat :\

Why did you feel the need to post this El?

(You can use the arrow in the quote bar to get the previous quotes for context)

Doin' some reads:

Ace - I want him to be town because I enjoy towning with him, but he's not yet shown me his townie soul :(
Rhand - Would lynch for the aforementioned progression reads
IAWY - I'm not feeling any town vibes from IAWY, which is sadness
Marv - Is here and suspiciously not tunnelling me as usual o.O
Takhisis - Probably scum IMO, would vote there again
Loderingo - Made what I consider a tell. I'm not going to tell about the tell because then people will be conscious of it and it will no longer be a tell. My current vote.
Renata - Should probably be speed-lynched if Tak flips red, I don't like the way they were trying to undermine my questions to the group
Esooa - Feels kinda UTR at the moment, no read on her

Everyone else - no real impressions

Normally I have one or two solid town reads by this point, but I think the fact that this game is almost certainly multiball is throwing off my scumdar, because while would normally assume that the people making reads I can vibe with or see the process of are the same alignment as me, it's very possible that in this game they're just different factions of anti-Cat :\

I think it'd be cool to see some actual tier lists starting about now. I like this, the mis-read on me and Takh notwithstanding. Only real exception (besides Loderingo which I am not privy to) is Esooa. I don't understand their snap conclusion of a scum in me and Ras at all and I'm not sure why it hasn't pinged other people as strange so far. It's coming off to me as "these people are too chummy so scum", which is I don't know, weirdly pro forma? Like it's something convenient to pin a read on, but when you really look at it there's nothing there.

I think it'd be cool to see some actual tier lists starting about now. I like this, the mis-read on me and Takh notwithstanding. Only real exception (besides Loderingo which I am not privy to) is Esooa. I don't understand their snap conclusion of a scum in me and Ras at all and I'm not sure why it hasn't pinged other people as strange so far. It's coming off to me as "these people are too chummy so scum", which is I don't know, weirdly pro forma? Like it's something convenient to pin a read on, but when you really look at it there's nothing there.
I'm going to hopefully do a full reads list as soon as I am free to.

OK I am done rereading Tak and I guess it didn't help much.

I am not reading the Role PM thing like Rhand. Among the things that can explain that post, I think it being a scum slip is fairly low prob. If anything, I would think scums are self-aware enough to avoid that kind of things early in the game.

About him not moving his vote to Rhand: well one more OMGUS or one less, who cares tbh? I don't think Tak has entered his serious playing phase. Voicing suspicions isn't scummy per se.

tl;dr: meh, not convinced on Tak, null.

bonus: I kinda liked Tak's reaction to this post from LoS #39

El is putting a lot of effort into content that I see as being hard to fake if Mafia, and I don’t even necessarily disagree with his opinion of my posts so far because I know I’m struggling and it’s bleeding into my posts

What specifically do you see as hard to fake? My issue with el to this point is almost exactly opposite, that so much of what they've posted is very easy for mafia to fake (talking about game setup, etc, basically anything except actually trying to get reads on people). So what are you seing that I'm not?

And I thought it was an original!

Now I have to reconsider my position. You come well recommended though! So I probably still like your jive.

Oh? By whom?

I wrongly tunneled into Rhand the other time we played together. I suspect it was pretty damn annoying for him seeing as I am pretty damn annoying.

I see. Wrong tunnels are bad, yes. But right tunnels are good. So I can see why fear of a wrong tunnel would make you wary of going down that path again, but I would still hope that you'll evaluate Rhand based on their performance in THIS game, rather than YOUR performance in another game.

Why did you feel the need to post this El?

(You can use the arrow in the quote bar to get the previous quotes for context)

I don't know? Just writing out what I was thinking at the time. 99% of the time, the way I work is to slowly but surely find towns, form a Voltron core, and work with said towns to eliminate scum. But in this game I'm having a really hard time finding anyone I can look at and think, "yep, this person is Town."

What specifically do you see as hard to fake? My issue with el to this point is almost exactly opposite, that so much of what they've posted is very easy for mafia to fake (talking about game setup, etc, basically anything except actually trying to get reads on people). So what are you seing that I'm not?

Ah, I can see you haven't truly read any of my posts.

Try that first, get back to me then.

Heh. You could try reading mine first. "that so much of what they're posted" I never said all of it.

they've*

Top Bottom