1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Root Mafia (Game Thread - Mafia Victory)

Discussion in 'Mafia/NOTW' started by pzelda, Feb 21, 2021.

1. choxorn

choxorn Watermelon Headcrab

"Wolf worried easy yeet is slipping" doesn't necessarily mean you're doing it to protect a wolf partner, it could also be leading wagon is town/secondary wagon is also town (or given that this is multiball, either of them could be a wolf from a different faction) and wolf-you is just worried that the leading wagon will improve and stop being as easy of a yeet while the secondary wagons won't improve similarly, so the wolf-frame mindset there is "I need to yeet them now or I won't be able to yeet them in the future"

On top of that, the vote was so spread out with a few minutes left in the day with only 4 votes on the leading wagon when you made the post Renata's criticizing, that almost anyone could have had a sudden wagon form on them- including you, given how some were expressing suspicion of you- so if you were doing it to protect a partner, it could be basically anyone, it could also wolf-you could also easily be thinking "I'm worried about getting CFD'd so I'm keeping my vote on Johanna" or some combination of all of those reasons, like in a world where one of the scumteams is something like you/Ace/Loderingo, it could be "I'm in danger, my teammates are in danger, Johanna is slipping away, I need to keep my vote here to ensure none of us gets yeeted and also because if I don't yeet her now it will be much harder to yeet her in the future"

2. LordArgon

LordArgon King

So you reveal yourself as a mafia scum rat/bird.

3. Inawordyes

Inawordyes In a word: Illyria

All fair points in a vacuum, though they come with the caveat that I am not Mafia because I am town :goodjob:

None of this tells me what your read on me is though Chox. Theorizing all the ways it “achkshually” could still mean I’m Mafia =/= “I think Iawy is Mafia” by default, which is why I ask

4. choxorn

Tracking the vote switches after pzelda's last tally:

Here it's a tie between Johanna and Rhand, but Rhand's wagon is dissolving and he's a claimed 3P and probably not going to be the yeet

17 mins to EOD, makes it 3 Rhand - 3 Johanna - 2 Ace Marvel - 2 Loderingo - 1 Lots of players

16 mins to EOD, makes it 4 Johanna - 3 Rhand - 2 Ace - 2 Loderingo - 1 Lots of players

11 mins to EOD, makes it 4 Johanna - 2 Rhand - 2 Ace - 2 Loderingo - 1 Lots of players

10 mins to EOD, makes it 4 Johanna - 3 Loderingo - 2 Rhand - 2 Ace - 1 Lots of players

IAWY's post asking Johanna who she thinks isn't town is right after this vote, IAWY might or might not have seen Renata's switch before asking

8 mins to EOD, makes it 4 Johanna - 3 Loderingo - 2 Rhand - 2 Renata - 1 Lots of players

7 mins to EOD, makes it 5 Johanna - 3 Loderingo - 2 Renata - 1 Lots of players

6 mins to EOD, makes it 5 Johanna - 2 Loderingo - 2 Renata - 2 IAWY - 1 Lots of players

4 mins to EOD, makes it 5 Johanna - 2 Loderingo - 2 Ace - 2 IAWY - 1 Lots of players

Last 3 votes all happen in final minute before EoD (Ras also switches to Arakhor shortly after, but doesn't get in before the buzzer)

Esooa likes this.
  5. choxorn

Kinda null, your D1 reads a lot like mine and your thought processes on Johanna track with mine, and like me you say you suck at D1's, but I know at least I suck at D1 regardless of my alignment, so I could pretty easily see your posts coming from either town or scum

My theories aren't so much "this is why you're mafia" as they are "if you are, here's some of the reasons why you'd post like this"

6. pzelda

pzelda Emperor

Daybreak

Green creek got its name for the high amount of algae in its waters. It was a slow flowing stream and for that reason an unpopular route among merchants of the Riverfolk Company. Old beaver was the last one using it. There were several smaller clearings alongside it and he liked the slower pace. There was enough time to appreciate its beautiful wild surroundings and to meditate on his long life. He had a good day today. The sun was shining and he earned a reasonable sum of money to live a comfortable life for another month. There was just one complication. He was supposed to deliver this soggy sack in the middle of a lake down the stream. He didn't realize that his cargo was a body before at first. But then the blood started leaking. He took a look inside and found a stabbed corpse of a raccoon. Old beaver knew it was the kind of animal no one's gonna miss.

Rhand is dead. He was Vagabond. The faction is eliminated.

Day 2 starts now. You have 48 hours left.
    You can vote now.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2021
  7. RRRaskolnikov

RRRaskolnikov Goldfish

lol at the kill. WP woofs.

@pzelda: 48 hours correct?

Legacy of Smiles likes this.
  8. pzelda

pzelda Emperor

thanks.

9. Arakhor

Arakhor Dremora Courtier Super Moderator

Why kill the confessed third-party?

10. RRRaskolnikov

RRRaskolnikov Goldfish

Dunno, maybe they thought we would not yeet Rhand. Su around @Rhand. Glad you joined, it was too short :)

The interesting question though (well I feel like relaxing rn, will come back to reads a bit later since I've made some consolidated list overnight) is:

Why just one kill? I hope this isn't a cultist game.

11. Renata

Renata homicidal jungle cat GOTM Staff

vote:Golden1Knight

i had a look at Choxorn's EoD vote change list and given the confusion the only vote that stands out somewhat strongly as indicating a potential association is Legacy of Smiles on Johanna right after Loderingo's bandwagon was moved to 3.

12. Renata

I have not done any further work yet on their interactions.

13. Ace Marvel

Ace Marvel Emperor

Killing Rhand = mafia have pr.

14. Ace Marvel

Ace Marvel Emperor

Vote: Choxorn

you were looking for an easy vote.

15. Renata

And I'm going to miss Rhand a lot. He was clearly townsiding with a VERY strong power, so I'm not wholly shocked he was murdered. Just a little bit.

16. Legacy of Smiles

Legacy of Smiles Prince

I never voted Johanna because I strongly read her town.

17. Renata

i swear I just read this 20 minutes ago. One sec.

Oh man I really screwed that up. I voted for Loderingo, you voted for me BECAUSE I was voting for Loderingo ("obv town" in your words). The association is still you and Lod but I misremembered the context pretty badly.

18. LordArgon

LordArgon King

I am confused by the 3p kill, unless a faction has a win con that the 3p could disrupt. 3ps usually have a hard time not being voted in my experience, since it risks being a fake claim by mafia. Also the lack of two kills seems to indicate that either both factions killed the raccoon, or that there is a protective role in town or mafia. Or the person they tried to kill was ace who I was role checking/blocking/jailing/bus driving/tracking.

19. Legacy of Smiles

Legacy of Smiles Prince

What was the result of your role check/track?

20. choxorn

Going off mechanical knowledge of the game, neither the Woodland Alliance nor the Eyrie Dynasties would really make sense as cultists, though one of the factions from the game's expansions is the Lizard Cult (which would make sense as cultists), and the update just mentioned a different expansion faction, the Riverfolk Company.

That said, that sounds more like flavor to me, there's not enough players for there to be that many factions actually in the game.

Pot. Kettle. Black.

Vote: Ace Marvel