1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Root Mafia (Game Thread - Mafia Victory)

Discussion in 'Mafia/NOTW' started by pzelda, Feb 21, 2021.

1. Legacy of Smiles

Legacy of Smiles Prince

I mean, this is a multiball so even if I'm scum I'm not going to pass up solving when I would get round to it as town because scumhunting in a multiball as scum was fun the last time I did it on discord. Also, I want to solve people into individual teams because it's a multiball and that would really need a red flip. Also I've only ever done this is one game and it started later D2. I don't think your meta tell on me is right at all.

2. Legacy of Smiles

Legacy of Smiles Prince

My goal for today is to flip somebody in my scumleans (probably Ace from looking at the thread) and hopefully solve from there.

3. Loderingo

Loderingo Warlord

Morning

Let me explain why this has annoyed me. I was fully expecting you vote for me again as you are fixated on me due to this mysterious tell. The way you are acting now is that you have decided I am guilty and are looking for evidence to back it up, rather than keeping an open mind. And now you are actively misrepresenting me.

My conversation with Rask was NOT about defending the Johanna wagon. It started with him saying that “fair enough” was a scumtell and me saying that was something I say all the time IRL. My point was that when you have a bunch of players who don’t all know each well, something that looks like a scumtell could just be their innate personality and that in the case of Johanna as she has been mislynched early a few times maybe there is something in her posting style which pings people incorrectly. As there are multiple scum factions in this game, it is unlikely that any of the day 1 wagons are all scum. Probably they all have some scum and some town.

Now onto my vote for Johanna. If you go back to my post 2 days ago about 6pm UKT, it should be clear that Johanna wasn’t even on my radar. The 3 people I considered were Rhand, Tak and IAWY and you can see my reasons why I chose Rhand.

Ironically the reason I ended up voting for Johanna is because of you!

Step 1 - you vote for me
    Step 2 - Rhand decides to vote for one of the last 2 people on his wagon. As I have one vote and Golden Knight has 0 he votes for me
    Step 3 - Renata doesn’t like the Johanna wagon so CFWs me as I have 2 votes
    Step 4 - I now have 3 votes and have to switch to Johanna for self preservation

I really wish you would explain this tell of yours. What you think is a tell is almost certainly some sort of rookie error. Rask has been good enough to tell me where I’m going wrong. You’re just tunnelling me!

4. Legacy of Smiles

Legacy of Smiles Prince

Loderingo, I saw you just said they're on your radar, what is your read on IAWY?

5. Legacy of Smiles

Legacy of Smiles Prince

After years of research, I have come to the conclusion that El is probably just town.

6. pzelda

pzelda Emperor

Votecount:
    ace marvel (2):
    choxorn, takhisis
    golden1knight (1): renata
    loderingo (1): el-ahrairah
    takhisis (1): esooa
    renata (1): ace marvel
    master radishes (1): inawordyes
    choxorn (1): marluxion

Not voting (self-voting): arakhor, lord argon, legacy of smiles, raskolnikov, loderingo, golden1knight, master radishes

35 hours left till brawl.

Legacy of Smiles likes this.
  7. El-ahrairah

El-ahrairah Chieftain

None of this has anything to do with me or why I'm voting you, so I'm not really sure what you're rambling about TBH.

LOL. First it was Johanna's fault that you lynched her, now it's my fault that you lynched her.

Yeah but no. See, here's the actual reason Rhand voted for you and not GK, straight from the horse's mouth. There is nothing at all about "Lode has more votes than GK" or anything of the sort. Which is ironic because you just accused me of misrepresenting you, and here you are misrepresenting Rhand.

If you voted Johanna for self-pres, why did you spend time looking at her previous games last night? Why did you try to shift the responsibility for her lynch to Johanna herself by accusing her of having an "innately scummy personality and posting style" that "pings people incorrectly"? FMPOV there is only two reasons for you to do this. Either you're trying to shift responsibility away from yourself, and/or you're trying to shift responsibility away from someone else. Which means that you're probably scum, and it's possible one of your bros was also voting Johanna at the time of her lynch.

Super keen to find out who it is. ;)

If wishes were horses, dude.

8. Marluxion

Marluxion Warlord

..why?

9. El-ahrairah

El-ahrairah Chieftain

I'm going to disengage from any back-and-forth with Lode for now. I'm 99% sure he's scum, and we really don't need any thunder-doming RN. I'll do some re-reading and see who else needs poking, but I'm pretty much not voting anyone but Lode today.

10. Legacy of Smiles

Legacy of Smiles Prince

Well, I am getting somewhere out of thread but not posting solving stuff in-thread is what I really meant (because I was responding to your "faking to solve" statement). But it's because I'm still working on my reads first and doing some ISOs (I'm around where I was at EoD1 in Synlabs in terms of what I'm thinking right now) because I made a reads list I was going to post but I think it's wrong so I'm not posting it any more and now I'm making new reads.

11. Legacy of Smiles

Legacy of Smiles Prince

This is my new list. It's changed a lot since SoD2.

Raskolnikov
    Marluxion
    Esooa

El-ahrairah
    Inawordyes
    Loderingo

Takhsis
    Arakhor
    Master Radishes
    Golden1Knight
    Lord Argon

Renata
    Choxorn
    Ace Marvel

Subject to change and no explanations because there are some people I'm still catching up on, will post a final version later.

12. Legacy of Smiles

Legacy of Smiles Prince

Sorry for being ratty. I think I need to stop.

13. Renata

Renata homicidal jungle cat GOTM Staff

I'm going to do it properly this time. Please yeet Golden1Knight with extreme prejudice. This should be the entirety of their contribution so far; anybody feel free to point out something I missed. A few quotes by other people included for context.

I invite anybody to find anything properly (or heck, even improperly) solving in here. This is a struggle-wolf if I've ever seen one. And (again, unless I missed something) they've been absent so far day two.

Part 1 -- early day one chitchat

The wagon referred to is the one on Takhisis. G1K is sheeping two other players (whom he is probably not w/w with). There is zero conviction of his own here. "The wagon" is not very good, then it's "slightly unusual", then he goes on to vote IAWY while explicitly denying that there's anything in particular to why he chose IAWY over anyone else, bandwagoners or not "pod racing"

Serious w/w equity with Takhisis here already, obviously, mostly because in all of this he doesn't actually say a single thing about Takhisis himself.

Again explicitly repeating that there's nothing actually to their vote on IAWY. Criticizing the Takhisis wagon while avoiding a discussion of Takhisis directly; note the hedging that it's a "good chance" that Takhisis is town. Again calling the wagon "unsual". Unusual is not a scum tell, and it's not even attached to anybody specific!

Actually gets called out on all of this by some smart person I didn't quote.

Now here's the thing about Rhand. I've only seen Rhand play once before this, in a game of Ras's from last fall that I kibitzed on. Rhand is a good townie. And while I don't regret the pings I got off of him prior to this interaction, I really really wish that hadn't distracted me from listening to what he was saying otherwise. LOL multiball. Anyway, he's 100% correct. It's not the wagon derailing per se that is scummy here. It's then when paired with a complete lack of conviction/interest toward anyone or anything else.

Trying to defend his butt from a Takhisis red flip, which ... whatever. Honestly don't consider this in isolation much of a w/w tell as he could just be paranoid he was defending the other scum team.

Mildly sheeping another player again to justify a vote against someone who's questioning him is just meh. And be honest guys. How many scum-solving townies have you EVER seen justify a vote like this? The tone is horrible. I'll note that Takhisis still has votes here, too, while Rhand is now a legitimate potential counter-bandwagon. And in fact Rhand claims shortly after. G1K (along with Loderingo) wants him dead anyway.

Might I note again that Rhand is a GOOD villager? (He's referring to the previous post by G1K along with a similar one by Loderingo.) He's absolutely correct. Scum want powerful town-siding neutrals dead as we saw amply demonstrated last night, and they love to yeet third parties. Third party yeets are absolute catnip, if you'll forgive the pun. Safe as houses.

If only ...

So all of this is G1K being around at EoD but doing absolutely nothing (the quote up above mine is just talking about a vote count being accurate) but midlly question why Ace is getting votes all of a sudden and keeping close track of what the votes actually are.

Throws in a vote on Ace, again for zero stated reason, seconds before the deadline. w/w equity here is possible, if he was confident Ace didn't have the votes to "win", but I can't be sure if that's the motive or whether it's just trying to look useful and engaged.

I am as positive as I can be that G1K is scum on one of the wolf teams, and if they are, I'd give about 75% equity on Takh flipping red too. Ace is interesting but could probably go either way. The people G1K sheeped for his first two votes of the day are not w/w with G1K, would have to look up later who they are.

14. Renata

Eh, ignore the "part 1" header; I meant to organize the whole thing but forgot about it once I got going. This is all of it.

15. Ace Marvel

Ace Marvel Emperor

Also this is TMI, like voting me means killing town, another faction.

16. Renata

Was wondering if anybody would take the bait on that. Congratulations, you win. Now what do you think about G1K? Even if I'm scum, I'm handing you one from the other team on a silver platter.

17. Esooa

Esooa Warlord

vote: golden1knight

18. Ace Marvel

Ace Marvel Emperor

That would mean that G1K would be my team in a world that I'm mafia, but then voting me wouldn't make sense, because in this game, you don't get town points for voting mafia, and if someone is doing that, don't.

I don't have an opinion, I don't mind voting there today. The last second vote on me was not good

19. Legacy of Smiles

Legacy of Smiles Prince

Let me think on G1K for a bit.

20. Legacy of Smiles

Legacy of Smiles Prince

Ok nevermind I got distracted here's what I think of Radishes:

Low commitment so far. Hasn't posted substantial opinions on anybody besides that we should vote Choxorn right at EoD yesterday without a reason. I remember that he was SLANKING as town last game (thanks autocorrect for the capitalisation) but at the same time he did actually come on and post at least a few reads and actually contribute enough so that people tended to town lean him around the end of D1. The "have we found scummy scum scum" message pings me as a sort of self aware scum message. I think sheeping me onto Ace is NAI. Radishes usually seems to go under the radar a bit on D1 but I agree with IAWY that it seems purposeful. Overall, probably null-scum range.