1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Root Mafia (Game Thread - Mafia Victory)

Discussion in 'Mafia/NOTW' started by pzelda, Feb 21, 2021.

1. Legacy of Smiles

Legacy of Smiles Prince

It was supposed to be a joke because of my name. :lol:

Cant believe you said 7 lives instead of 9, obvious fake cat!

2. Golden1Knight

Golden1Knight Emperor

lol missed that so hard

And here they get 7 lives, which sounds way better if you ask me >:[

Legacy of Smiles likes this.
  3. pzelda

pzelda Emperor

Votecount:
    golden1knight (3):
    renata, esooa, raskolnikov
    ace marvel (2):
    choxorn, takhisis
    loderingo (1): el-ahrairah
    renata (1): ace marvel
    master radishes (1): inawordyes
    choxorn (1): marluxion

Not voting (self-voting): arakhor, lord argon, legacy of smiles, loderingo, golden1knight, master radishes

25 hours left till brawl.

4. Loderingo

Loderingo Warlord

Evening all. You’ll be delighted to know I’m also going to try and do a list of reads over the next few hours

Legacy of Smiles and Ace Marvel like this.
  5. Takhisis

Takhisis Jinping, wer fragt uns?

Why is Ace Marvel not making much of an effort to get me to unvote him?

6. Ace Marvel

Ace Marvel Emperor

Because Ace Marvel is busy with life, and you will eventually do it on your own.

RRRaskolnikov likes this.
  7. Golden1Knight

Golden1Knight Emperor

Here is my humble reads list on the game's current state.

Golden1Knight - super duper vanillager, pls dont kill

TRs

renata - solvy behaviour, giving me some Tim vibes tho so maybe (tinfoil) we could have a power wolf here. Rn placing her in my town core given that very townie wonderful case on me (lol), but better watch super carefully.

el-ahrairah - I'm between his solvyness and 'I'm super townie' tryhardness and over reactions, maybe its just a matter of style tho. TR for now

loderingo - townie vibes from posts/tone, almost got yeeted, then yeeted Jo out of self pres. Mostly gut feeling, but TR for now

TLs

raskolnikov - early advocate for Rhands lynch back on early D1: doesnt tells much but still worthy to note that raskol knows that Rhand is a good player and thus is good lynch material. Very capable player and a very dangerous wolf potential. cfd attempt (?) on Chox over Jo's imminent yeet, good. Overall solvyness so TL for now

ace marvel - yeeted a townie and is not being his usual carefree self, but started to lolcat too easy and too soon, I dont really think he is a wolf. TL for now due to strong gut feelings, but sliping down.

Nulls

marluxion - brief derp about the setup being multiball, which could be faked but imo is enough for an early good look on him; some solvying but still null I guess, maybe go up in the list.

lord argon - usual LA, null

legacy of smiles - posted read lists but not any in depth solving it seems; null

esooa - worthy to mention that esooa opposed Rhand's wagon early on, mainly null however

master radishes - some fluff here and there, then vanishes

choxorn - voted on Jo for calling out Arakhor due to the his suposed low posting, which imo even if sounding like a reasonable vote could still be an easy/lazy vote (since its D1 thats not really relevant I guess); voted on Jo again later on, bad but at least consistent; targeted by an cfd attempt at EoD1; null atm.

Yeet Here

inawordyes - not much to say here, but helped to yeet Jo so bad vibes. Lynch material, but not top priority.

takhisis - reading it all over from the start made me notice that 'possible Role PM' slip first noted by Rhand, and its quite sus indeed (unless he got town PR, which is unlikely if he doesnt get killed soon); is this enough to warrant a yeet? Hardly, but given the current game state and the fact that reading into Takh is extra-hard, its quite enough.

arakhor - ever present but not a whole lot of solving, better keep an eye; voted on Jo after being called out for not posting (even tho he was posting lol) again; was present during EoD and argued to be confused, but didn't move his vote. Seems like a good vote right now.

PS: Yeah I changed my mind about Tak, even with zero new facts about him. Same about Ace.

While I agree that I look like a good lynch candidate rn, there are better yeets to be made. This is it so please don't yeet me, and if you do, this is my small contribution to the game.

8. Golden1Knight

Golden1Knight Emperor

Vote: Arakhor

9. Renata

Renata homicidal jungle cat GOTM Staff

Wolf on wolf violence let's go. Your move, Arakhor.

RRRaskolnikov likes this.
  10. Legacy of Smiles

Legacy of Smiles Prince

Vote: Arakhor

Was going to vote after I ISOed everyone but I procrastinated and now I will ISO everyone "soon".

11. Inawordyes

Inawordyes In a word: Illyria

Oh no, a scummy-looking townie was mischopped on D1 like happens in almost all Mafia games ever, guess we better immediately suspect every single player who voted for them for no other reason than for voting for the townie, because they flipped town.

We’re sorry, Iawy doesn’t accept BS as a valid scumspicion currency, try another legal tender to complete your transaction or cancel your order now

12. RRRaskolnikov

RRRaskolnikov Goldfish

NGL, I don't like this. For several reasons (convenient changes on folks you have great partner equity with - would be usefull to detail your progression on Ace and Tak :popcorn:; Renata being your top town - I mean I agree with the read, even the tinfoil - but I need to check your progression on this slot too, if any; the kind words you used to read me, almost the very same I used to speak about you... they are probably more)

I am going to reread you now and forget Renata's case and your vote switchero at EOD1 while doing it.
    If you are town, you have 24 hours to show it, doable imo. If you are town, don't let this by your "small contribution to the game".

13. Inawordyes

Putting me in the yeet category because I was voting for a flipped townie, directly stating that this is basically the only reason you have me here, but that I am PoE’ed regardless and you want me to die but “not yet” feels like lower than L1 because you evidently have not read anything of my content at all and are hiding behind “Jo was town = all of Jo’s voters are not town”, which is such an off-kilter read as it is

14. Inawordyes

Also, Radishes is frozen

:popcorn:

15. Inawordyes

Rasko, over/under on their being legitimate town masons in this game while it’s already likely a multiball? Thoughts on there only being one NK if we should be seeing multiple factions?

16. Ace Marvel

Ace Marvel Emperor

maybe both killed Rhand???
    Makes sense
    Or there is a doctor, idk.

17. Arakhor

Arakhor Dremora Courtier Super Moderator

Well, I think it's flattering that you think my D1 reticence was due to some wolfy master-plan, rather than being a fast-moving thread with a game half-full of people I've never played with before.

18. RRRaskolnikov

RRRaskolnikov Goldfish

I dunno about masons really. If there are more than one faction with KP, I guess town protective roles make more sense. I think the game is fairly heavy on PR though, if we accept Rhand's claim.

Only one kill: either one protective role, or both mafia killed the Rhand (no TMI, I have already designed a multiball, it's not reasonable to have 3KP, with so few players also). Or it's a cultist game. I think the 2 first options are equally probable. Much more than the third (but maybe it's just a wish I have)

If u want more mech speculation, I think it's a 12 v 2 v 2 v Rhand game.

19. RRRaskolnikov

RRRaskolnikov Goldfish

OCC: I have a business trip tmr so won't be that much in the thread though I will check in as much as I can. Ping me if u want to chat.

20. Arakhor

Arakhor Dremora Courtier Super Moderator

It's not relevant to this game, of course, but I've designed more than one multi-faction game. You kind of need to have more mafia than normal, as mafia no longer have PIS and to keep town on their toes.