1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Root Mafia (Game Thread - Mafia Victory)

Discussion in 'Mafia/NOTW' started by pzelda, Feb 21, 2021.

1. Renata

Renata homicidal jungle cat GOTM Staff

I wouldn't be shocked to see a mafia roleblocker either, to add another option to the list. This does presume some kind of "designated killer" for the mafia teams as opposed to it being a team kill, but that's not unusual.

2. Renata

And like Arakhor (hi Arakhor!) I feel like my expectations from multiball in general lead me to believe in more total mafia than just four.

I'm not considering a cult given that, thank god, the backstory doesn't support there being one.

3. RRRaskolnikov

RRRaskolnikov Goldfish

I agree with Arahkor and Renata on scum number I guess.

Bottom line is that I am not that much motivated by the mech theory here. It s a distraction from reads.

Now I really need to sleep. I am waking up in 3 hours and half lol. Expect some zombie posts from me closing EOD :sleep:

HF folks

4. Renata

Sleep well, Ras.

I could wish for more things going on, but I feel like there's a good chance the scum sides are frozen.

5. Ace Marvel

Ace Marvel Emperor

Who on your team is frozen?

RRRaskolnikov likes this.
  6. Renata

Your mom.

RRRaskolnikov likes this.
  7. LordArgon

LordArgon King

Multi all always makes my head hurt. Wolves have incentive to scum hunt and have the lack of info necessary to be genuinely villagery while doing so. I regret missing rod last time and not voting so I shall vote here for my favorite, a tie. You know the rules so prepare to die,
    Vote: Ace

8. Takhisis

Takhisis Jinping, wer fragt uns?

But I don't have a life! I'm under lockdown!
    To be honest, LordArgon's piling onto the waggon like that almost makes me want to unvote Ace Marvel already.

9. LordArgon

LordArgon King

Well Take I thought you were mainly doing it because of Kpop so I think if you have someone better then yeah vote away, not just cause of me.

10. choxorn

choxorn Watermelon Headcrab

I've seen "<thing> is frozen" a few times on the last page or so, what does that mean?

11. LordArgon

LordArgon King

They a like a deer in the headlights

12. Inawordyes

Inawordyes In a word: Illyria

A lot of times, when someone is Mafia and they get called out and suspected, they tend to freeze up, in that they leave the thread and don’t respond, or they don’t immediately respond to questions that they might otherwise as town because they’re in the Mafia BTSC getting guidance from their scumbuddies.

that may not be the fullest explanation, but it’s more or less how I understand the concept. Like LA said above, they’re like a deer in the headlights and not reacting, like they’re frozen with fear over what to say in response

13. Inawordyes

Inawordyes In a word: Illyria

Sidenote, but Esooa is very quiet and that is very weird. I know this whole game is weird for me at least because I’m not used to things being so empty for long stretches without any posts, but Esooa is someone who can usually still manage to speak up and even compared to the mellow atmosphere, she’s very lowkey and that is not how I would describe Esooa

14. Esooa

Esooa Warlord

don't talk about on going games btw

15. Esooa

Esooa Warlord

I'm busy

16. Esooa

Esooa Warlord

vote: takhisis

17. Esooa

Esooa Warlord

honestly this day 2 should just be extremely easy. I have a few strong town read and there's like, 5-6 mafia probably. So my PoE is probably dense as fudge with mafia so I'm kinda just cool with killing into it indiscriminately

18. Golden1Knight

Golden1Knight Emperor

Heeey, quite a strong defensive reaction here. I'm not saying "hey lets kill everyone that mislynches townies because reasons muahahaha"

Its D2, not a whole lot of things happened solution wise and I still got a lot of null reads to sort. You got down to yeet zone not only because you yeeted Jo, but also because I couldnt find a reason to put you in a good light on top of that. Yeeting villagers is reason enough to be yeeted? No, but when you lack further suspects its a better option than yeeting other people (and since there are better people to yeet, I didnt even come to that yet).

The sudden changes have a reason: I skimmed/derped all my way through D1, and only now did I take a while to carefully read what was going on. Sus and highly convenient for a wolf? Yes, but it's the truth :dunno:

not a whole lot of progression to check since I only started thinking now :D

About showing myself town, you know that it is easier said than done fellow Rask. I have no good memories of fighting ATPG's relentless prosecution when he decided D1 that I was a wolf and had to die :p

PS: I did manage to convince him to yeet somebody else at the last minute and thus saved my villager ass (as I hope to do again), but the pyschological price may have been too high (yep I have a terrible habit of being brazen sus every game)

19. Marluxion

Marluxion Warlord

looks like chox isn't going over today after all
    Vote: Takhisis

20. Renata

Bolding is mine and is the point here more so than the change of opinion.

G1K on Day One talking about Takhisis

G1K on Day Two talking about Takhisis

Sure Jan.