Root Mafia (Game Thread - Mafia Victory)

Doin' some re-reading. From page 1:

I guess since the felines are vanilla town, I am the cat cop. Meow meow.

LA says "the felines" in a way that makes me think he's not one of them.

Vote: JohannaK
Outed, there is no art yet, unless you got a pm, which would not make you not town.

The bolded is kinda weird. How do you know there's no art? I mean, if you're a kitty, then we don't actually know whether the other factions actually got art on their role PMs. Additionally, how do you know that a faction DID get art on their role PM?

This comes across as setup TMI to me.

Okay be honest guys - have I made a huge mistake coming here to play?

This is just meh. I meh this post.

Taking bets right now on how fast I can manage to die. Lynching and night kill both count.

@Master Radishes: Yes.

This post seems like a subtle attempt at LAMISC. Do not like subtle attempts. Sneaky like ninja-racoon.

Oh my Rhand tunnel incoming

Rhand threatening to tunnel radishes noted.

Actual game related thought I'm going to do nothing with at this point in time: Esooa seems different to usual.

yeah they haven't corroborated with my fake mason claim.

If I had to actually explain this in words, your "towny af" post felt less like a post you would make as town and more like a post you would think you would make as town? You seem slightly less motivated than usual, maybe?

Well I've only ever seen Esooa's town game but "slightly less motivated" sort of sums it up for me.

Yes I am aware this is 90% likely to be a hilariously bad take. Please don't take this too seriously (the initial post was more out of curiosity at how people would react and to start conversation than saying anything of real substance).

Weird series of posts. LoS says Esooa seems different to usual. Rhand asks "different how". LA quotes Rhand and answers the question for LoS. Also LoS oversplains his comment on Esooa as being designed to generate reactions, but then doesn't actually attempt to do anything with said reactions. Makes me think this whole Esooa thing was not a real poke. Possibly W/W between LoS and Esooa? Esooa had made only 1 post when LoS called her "slightly less motivated than usual" which is uh.... serious reach?

I think if either one of LoS or Esooa flips W, the other should be lynched post haste.

Evening!

As I'm new to this, I thought it would be fair to give you some clues:

I have a played a lot of werewolf in real life and am well known for almost always being some sort of villager. In fact the 2 times (out of about 40), I was a werwolf I got lynched straightaway as I'm a terrible lier.

Fortunately I don't need to lie

I get a somewhat similar LAMISC vibe as from Renata's post with this one. The whole downplay the threat level is meh meh meh. "Hey guys I'm here, I'm a terrible liar and a bad wolf, so don't worry about me!" Just ugh.

My take from this page is that Lode is independently wolfy, Renata's post is also independently wolfy, and there's some potential shenanies between LoS, Esooa and Lord A.

I just realized how underequipped I am to be playing a Mafia game on a different website haha, anything about the CFC community culture I need to know heading into this?

I still meh this post. But what's most noteworthy is Renata's lack of reaction to it (or if there was a reaction, I haven't gotten to it yet). And by this I mean, when I put a question out there to CFC regulars about some specific meta of this site and the success of towns in relation to the size of D1 wagons, Renata jumped on it and called it a pointless question. Yet I haven't seen any reaction to IAWY's far broader/less specific "hey, culture" question that he poses here.

Keeping in mind for potential Renata/IAWY links.

I think LoS is town

Doin me an eyeball here

*gasp* I am detected!
*checks Rôle PM*
Wait, no, I'm a harmless kitty, you numpty.

Seriously, why didn't we lynch him yesterday? This is scum slip 101 my guys and gals

Seriously, OMGUSing is so lame. I don't want you to be lame, and if I take my vote off you you won't be OMGUSing so I'll unvote; vote: Inawordyes.

This post by Tak was aimed at Renata. A whoooole bunch of assumptions here about Renata's motives for voting him, and then he literally gives her a way out by voting someone else so that Renata, THE PERSON VOTING HIM, isn't guilty of OMGUS.

Tak needs to be lynched soon, and if he flips W, Renata needs to be lynched immediately after.

Vote Takhisis
For having a role PM

Me and Rhand doin a mindmeld.

What's the problem? Did you get a Team PM instead of a Role PM?

Seriously. If we got a Vig and Tak is not the lynch today, PLEASE SHOOT HERE TONIGHT.

Ohhh, okay I misread because I saw the unvote

Voting me and then telling me that I shouldn’t vote you because it is now OMGUS is an interesting look

IAWY seriously derping here. This conversation from Tak was aimed at Renata, not him. I think the lack of understanding is a minor good look.

Oh my. You should probably read the OP.

Dat Rhand again.

Conclusions: Takhisis/Renata weirdness here. Please my fellow cats, review the EXTREME PERFORMANCE of "checking my role PM, yep I'm a cat" from Tak that literally defies reality. I feel a tad better about IAWY.

See here:

It seems as if Rhand were barking up the wrong tree about reading the OP. ;)

No no, I get that haha, I did read the mechanics :crazyeye: I saw “Unvote” “Inawordyes” and missed the “vote” inbetween

Mm. Tak looks to be faking misunderstanding about what Rhand meant when they said "you need to check the OP". IAWY going along with that misunderstanding, instead of actually parsing through what Rhand said, gives me a bad vibe.

Vote: Legacy of Smiles

Dem timestamps, man. The way Esooa appears after Marv votes someone she previously called a TR gives me a lurker vibe. Stuff was happening yet this was what she commented on. Add another tally to the Esooa/LoS potential pairings list.

Morning

just to clarify, I am from the UK and also live in the UK. I will be aware of Smiles‘ pocket (though I don’t know where a turtle can keep its pocket)!

So shall we start trying to solve this?

Looking at previous games 17 players = 4 or 5 scum. So 2 teams of 2?

One thing that I noticed looking at the old games is what a terrible record town has for day 1 eliminations. Would anyone consider a day one no lynch? If we mislynch on day 1, and then the scum each kill a townie at night then we could already be looking down the barrel. Plus there is a chance a town power role gets mislynched and can’t then help us at night.

BTW - I’m not just saying this because Choxorn has voted for me. I’m confident I can win them round (searches for ginger kitty photos)

Two things of note here.

First, Lode isn't actually a newbie. He said in his entrance post that he's played a load of WW IRL. So he should know that the lynch is town's strongest weapon and basically the ONLY way we can kill scum unless we got a VERY good Vig. So pushing the idea of a no-lynch is NAGL.

Second, Lode has been looking at old games. During Night 1, he observes that Johanna had a track record of being mislynched, and uses this as a justification for the votes on her (she's a scummy-lookin' town). If he had actually read these games this early in this game, why didn't he during EoD 1 when suspicion was stacking up on Johanna, point out that he'd noticed this aspect of her play in other games? He admits that he only voted Johanna for self-pres, yet at no point did he offer this knowledge or try to encourage people to not vote her because of her track record.

The after-the-event excuse is, as I've already pointed out, super bad.

Cliffs: Tak/IAWY weirdness, Esooa possibly badlurking, Lode howling to the moon and back

I think most of what Takhsis has said is normal Tak stiff but there are two things that stand out, those being the response to me earlier and the whole Role PM thing.

The response to me I think is at least somewhat joking but I do like that Takhsis is actually reading into and analysing into what I'm saying, even if their conclusions seem totally wrong.

That take by Takhsis about me is probably pretty similar to my take on Esooa earlier in quality/seriousness so I'm a bit confused why the reaction to both was so different.

As for the role PM thing, I'm in two minds about it and it's probably not worth me going into detail about it right now?

Overall I'll say null but the upper side of null?

I normally associate this level of defence with a wolf trying to lowkey defend a bro, which is weird because I've already got LoS/Esooa and possibly LoS/LA teamed, so adding LoS/Tak means a 3 or possibly 4 wolf team in 1 faction, which to me feels a bit too many. Still, despite the maths, I can't deny this is a weird post that has partner potential.

Votecount:
takhisis (4):
inawordyes, renata, rhand, el-ahrairah
johanna (1): ace
lord argon (1): legacy of smiles
inawordyes (1): takhisis
legacy of smiles(1): marluxion
loderingo(1): choxorn

The rest is self-voting, obviously.
34 hours till brawl.

Mm. One town and one neutral 3p on Tak ATP. LoS, Arakhor and Renata then go "WTF" at the size of the wagon. I'd probably say LoS/Arakhor not teamed based on how he then accuses LoS of trying too hard. I thought I'd quoted that post below, but I can't see it and I'm too lazy to figure out how to put it in.

I feel like there's something going on here with Takh but I'll zip it and not put words into anybody's mouths.

This is such a “look at me I’m doing the townie thing” post that spills the beans anyways to anyone paying even half attention.
Me no like.

I ditto Rhand. Odd how LoS bends over backwards to try and imply that Tak has a town PR, yet Rhand is the one to die overnight.

Cliffs: Rak/LoS potential exists. LoS/Arakhor probs not teamed. So far I have potential connections between: LoS / Esooa / Tak / Renata ?

Lowkey feel like you and Rhand are wolf/wolf, different factions.

Eyeball

To be perfectly honest, I wouldn't be surprised if town isn't even in the majority.

Hmm, I actually like this post. I don't think it's something scum would brag about?

Ohhh, you’re a tone player? Nice!

Unvote; Vote: Marluxion

I don’t remember much of anything about you, so hello! Would like to get to know you a bit better in this game

Unvoting Tak without acknowledging the whole "Role PM" saga is kinda meh.

I'm curious what sort of useful response you'd expect to get to your question #2, el-ahrairah.

Dis be dat post I mentioned earlier. Felt at the time like she was trying to undermine my questioning of the legitimacy of the Tak wagon (i.e. I was putting forth the idea that it was probably legitimate and would likely net us a wolf). Still feels like that now.

Cliffs from page 6: Giving Renata the serious side-eye, feeling worse about IAWY again, feeling better about Arakhor. I think Arakhor is my strongest TR so far, in fact, such was the town vibe I got from his post.

About D1 lynches on CFC, it could be just that Takhisis being an old (though not necessarily that skilful) hand is really a vanillager who's trying to draw the lynch so as to procure information for the town's later successful employment of their uber-1337 solving skillz with the minimum of damage.

'Tis a nice goblet, by the way.

Horribly LAMISC post. Seriously dudes. Vig this.

Vote: RRRaskolnikov

Reason: Normally a very active player on these forums but has gone completely AWOL. On the sign up thread said they were happy the game was starting on Sunday.

I don't actually hate this post. The bit I've bolded actually sounds like the sort of anal nit-picking that villagers do. It's not a strong enough vibe to undo the badstuff, but it's there. At the very least it means that Raskol/Lode are almost certainly not aligned as mafia together.

Hullo! The best way to get to know someone is to tunnel them, i always say :D

Unvote; Vote: Inawordyes

Y r u teh scummehs?

Gettin' that lurker vibe here. Fairly swift and vacuumy response to Marv's vote.

I don’t know what I’m doing, I’m in unfamiliar territory and it’s throwing me off

Ah yes, now I remember why I had so many badfeels about IAWY on D1 -__-

To find the scum you must first understand the scum
embrace the scum, become the scum

Hi In unfamiliar territory, I'm Marl

I chuckled

Le cliffs: Feeling bad about IAWY again, feeling okay about Marv. Tak still a baddie who needs to be shuffled loose this mortal coil ASAP.

Since I am a cat, I shall never leave the box, unlike some suspicious birds/rodents/raccoons

LA/Marv not woofin together, this pop-in by LA doesn't feel like the sort of response one bro makes to another's post when it doesn't even mention them.

I have a strong town read on Takhisis right now that I'm not sure is actually deserved, but still, it's there, and that is making me frustrated with all this role PM BS. I don't think that -- whether it was a slip or intentional -- it's alignment indicating, what the person does with it. But it sure does make for an easy target, because you can just sit there and pontificate about a good vanillager/power role/townie would NEVER until the cows come home and expect to come off as virtuous by doing so.

All that said, townies do play the "good vanillager would NEVER" card way more often than I might prefer, and I'm side-eying el-ahrairah way more for the pointless-to-me questions earlier than for that.

I don't trust Legacy right now, their reaction to me earlier was sketchy.

I bolded the worst bit here. See, the thing is, if it was a genuine slip, then it is indeed alignment indicative. Vanilla Cats did not get Role PMs. Tak was faking being a Vanilla Cat by "consulting" his Role PM. There is no way that this is intended to "draw the lynch" because Vanilla Cats serve one purpose, and one alone: to draw the NIGHT KILL. Not the lynch. That's dumb AF. If Tak flips anything other than Town, kill Renata with the purging flames of fiery deathness.

Have we caught any scummy scum scum yet?

I have a lame TR on this post because of tone. It's not as strong as my TR on Arakhor or Marv tho.

I'm counting on you guys doing the heavy lifting and I'm just gonna come in mid-game with a slam dunk.

Again, mild TR because I think Radish could make an attempt to appear constructive if he was scum. It's only mild because although I've never seen Radish as scum, I think he has the cajones to pull off this sort of casual no-effort tone if he actually is woofin.

At the moment I'm town leaning Jo, Takhsis and Loderingo. Slight scum lean on Rhand. Everyone else is mostly null to me right now I think or at least I'm not confident enough on my reads to go there yet.

Vote: Rhand

Mm, don't like that 2 of my strong SRs are top of his town list, and that his only SR was the neutral 3p.

Cliffs: LA/Marv not teamed, Radishes feels low-key okay RN, LoS giving me some bad vibes again.

I really want you all to kill me so you psych out of "Ace played one good game as mafia once" you are giving me way to much credit.

Pages 9+10:

hurry up and get out of the box turtlelord
i won't be pocketed

+1 to Marv for standing his ground despite LoS's strong attempts to give him a TR for basically any reason.

Given that we literally had a discussion about the multiple factions in-thread, either Marl wasn't paying attention or he's blustering. Neither's a particularly good look.

Is there a provisional vote tally available?

I like this post, even if I disagree with the bolded. True it's not brilliant if Marv's been skipping posts as a villager, but I think that villagers are more likely to miss stuff than wolves, and I'm not sure "fake a derp" is Marv's MO. So I think this is a slightly good look. I do approve of the skepticism though.

Actually that was my first thought lmao. (something along the lines "he is trying too hard")
Not sure the explanations you provided about your Esoo's read were guenine, they just seem so well articulated for a gut read on a "towny af" post imo. But I am tired and I will just wait tmr to tunnel you.

I vibe with Raskol's post here. Slight TR for "I will wait till tomorrow to tunnel you" because I lowkey don't think scum announces that in advance.

Renata is villager.

The reason for Raskol calling Renata V completely bypasses me here. It doesn't feel like she said anything that couldn't be faked.

Regardless of Rhand's alignment, I feel obligated to read him town.

Mildly townie considering the flip.

The place where seagulls perch: Marv and Arakhor still looking V, minor V on Raskol and Raddish. Gonna take a break now to get some lunch and do some "real" work.

Ugh, real work.

Dude can you HMU with your reads while I get s00p? If you're town, we should be working together.

El, you've taken some of the things I've said out of the context there was for each.

The Esooa read - I said that it was purposefully a super stretch "read" to start conversation since we weren't going lynch of anywhere. It was actually moreso to get a reaction from Esooa, I think scum-Esooa would have been very eager to use me making a very poor read on her to push / argue with me but she didn't react to that.

The Takhsis thing - no actually, as I said to Rhand in the thread earlier it wasn't because I thought Takhsis was a PR. I thought Takhsis "slipped" on purpose as a reaction test but I was waiting for what Takhsis said first.

Marl is likely town but giving him a +1 to an obvious joke I made and saying I was begging for a TR when it was very clearly a joke is awful. I notice how you only paraphrased what I was saying here which is a bad look.

If there's something you don't understand my thought process on and you actually want an accurate narrative, please just ask me to explain it. I should usually be able to go into a good amount of detail about my exact thoughts on something, I think this is one of my strengths. I tend to be pretty clear-cut town by late game anyway, I've just not really had the time to really get working on this game yet.

You need to stop wolf-siding, El-ahrairah. Your reads, just everywhere they concern me and almost everywhere they concern other people I think I have good reads on, are ... I dunno. I do not vibe.

I don't know what LAMISC means, can you explain? Look At Me I'm So something?

I bolded the worst bit here. See, the thing is, if it was a genuine slip, then it is indeed alignment indicative. Vanilla Cats did not get Role PMs. Tak was faking being a Vanilla Cat by "consulting" his Role PM. There is no way that this is intended to "draw the lynch" because Vanilla Cats serve one purpose, and one alone: to draw the NIGHT KILL. Not the lynch. That's dumb AF. If Tak flips anything other than Town, kill Renata with the purging flames of fiery deathness.

Actually please explain the bolded. If it makes sense this might go some way to explaining the reactions.

Top Bottom