1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Root Mafia (Game Thread - Mafia Victory)

Discussion in 'Mafia/NOTW' started by pzelda, Feb 21, 2021.

1. El-ahrairah

El-ahrairah Chieftain

Doin' some re-reading. From page 1:

LA says "the felines" in a way that makes me think he's not one of them.

The bolded is kinda weird. How do you know there's no art? I mean, if you're a kitty, then we don't actually know whether the other factions actually got art on their role PMs. Additionally, how do you know that a faction DID get art on their role PM?

This comes across as setup TMI to me.

This is just meh. I meh this post.

2. El-ahrairah

El-ahrairah Chieftain

This post seems like a subtle attempt at LAMISC. Do not like subtle attempts. Sneaky like ninja-racoon.

Rhand threatening to tunnel radishes noted.

Weird series of posts. LoS says Esooa seems different to usual. Rhand asks "different how". LA quotes Rhand and answers the question for LoS. Also LoS oversplains his comment on Esooa as being designed to generate reactions, but then doesn't actually attempt to do anything with said reactions. Makes me think this whole Esooa thing was not a real poke. Possibly W/W between LoS and Esooa? Esooa had made only 1 post when LoS called her "slightly less motivated than usual" which is uh.... serious reach?

I think if either one of LoS or Esooa flips W, the other should be lynched post haste.

I get a somewhat similar LAMISC vibe as from Renata's post with this one. The whole downplay the threat level is meh meh meh. "Hey guys I'm here, I'm a terrible liar and a bad wolf, so don't worry about me!" Just ugh.

My take from this page is that Lode is independently wolfy, Renata's post is also independently wolfy, and there's some potential shenanies between LoS, Esooa and Lord A.

3. El-ahrairah

El-ahrairah Chieftain

I still meh this post. But what's most noteworthy is Renata's lack of reaction to it (or if there was a reaction, I haven't gotten to it yet). And by this I mean, when I put a question out there to CFC regulars about some specific meta of this site and the success of towns in relation to the size of D1 wagons, Renata jumped on it and called it a pointless question. Yet I haven't seen any reaction to IAWY's far broader/less specific "hey, culture" question that he poses here.

Keeping in mind for potential Renata/IAWY links.

Doin me an eyeball here

Seriously, why didn't we lynch him yesterday? This is scum slip 101 my guys and gals

This post by Tak was aimed at Renata. A whoooole bunch of assumptions here about Renata's motives for voting him, and then he literally gives her a way out by voting someone else so that Renata, THE PERSON VOTING HIM, isn't guilty of OMGUS.

Tak needs to be lynched soon, and if he flips W, Renata needs to be lynched immediately after.

Me and Rhand doin a mindmeld.

Seriously. If we got a Vig and Tak is not the lynch today, PLEASE SHOOT HERE TONIGHT.

IAWY seriously derping here. This conversation from Tak was aimed at Renata, not him. I think the lack of understanding is a minor good look.

Dat Rhand again.

Conclusions: Takhisis/Renata weirdness here. Please my fellow cats, review the EXTREME PERFORMANCE of "checking my role PM, yep I'm a cat" from Tak that literally defies reality. I feel a tad better about IAWY.

4. El-ahrairah

El-ahrairah Chieftain

Mm. Tak looks to be faking misunderstanding about what Rhand meant when they said "you need to check the OP". IAWY going along with that misunderstanding, instead of actually parsing through what Rhand said, gives me a bad vibe.

Dem timestamps, man. The way Esooa appears after Marv votes someone she previously called a TR gives me a lurker vibe. Stuff was happening yet this was what she commented on. Add another tally to the Esooa/LoS potential pairings list.

Two things of note here.

First, Lode isn't actually a newbie. He said in his entrance post that he's played a load of WW IRL. So he should know that the lynch is town's strongest weapon and basically the ONLY way we can kill scum unless we got a VERY good Vig. So pushing the idea of a no-lynch is NAGL.

Second, Lode has been looking at old games. During Night 1, he observes that Johanna had a track record of being mislynched, and uses this as a justification for the votes on her (she's a scummy-lookin' town). If he had actually read these games this early in this game, why didn't he during EoD 1 when suspicion was stacking up on Johanna, point out that he'd noticed this aspect of her play in other games? He admits that he only voted Johanna for self-pres, yet at no point did he offer this knowledge or try to encourage people to not vote her because of her track record.

The after-the-event excuse is, as I've already pointed out, super bad.

Cliffs: Tak/IAWY weirdness, Esooa possibly badlurking, Lode howling to the moon and back

5. El-ahrairah

El-ahrairah Chieftain

I normally associate this level of defence with a wolf trying to lowkey defend a bro, which is weird because I've already got LoS/Esooa and possibly LoS/LA teamed, so adding LoS/Tak means a 3 or possibly 4 wolf team in 1 faction, which to me feels a bit too many. Still, despite the maths, I can't deny this is a weird post that has partner potential.

Mm. One town and one neutral 3p on Tak ATP. LoS, Arakhor and Renata then go "WTF" at the size of the wagon. I'd probably say LoS/Arakhor not teamed based on how he then accuses LoS of trying too hard. I thought I'd quoted that post below, but I can't see it and I'm too lazy to figure out how to put it in.

I ditto Rhand. Odd how LoS bends over backwards to try and imply that Tak has a town PR, yet Rhand is the one to die overnight.

Cliffs: Rak/LoS potential exists. LoS/Arakhor probs not teamed. So far I have potential connections between: LoS / Esooa / Tak / Renata ?

6. El-ahrairah

El-ahrairah Chieftain

EBWOP

Only 40 more pages to go!

7. El-ahrairah

El-ahrairah Chieftain

Eyeball

Hmm, I actually like this post. I don't think it's something scum would brag about?

Unvoting Tak without acknowledging the whole "Role PM" saga is kinda meh.

Dis be dat post I mentioned earlier. Felt at the time like she was trying to undermine my questioning of the legitimacy of the Tak wagon (i.e. I was putting forth the idea that it was probably legitimate and would likely net us a wolf). Still feels like that now.

Cliffs from page 6: Giving Renata the serious side-eye, feeling worse about IAWY again, feeling better about Arakhor. I think Arakhor is my strongest TR so far, in fact, such was the town vibe I got from his post.

8. El-ahrairah

El-ahrairah Chieftain

Horribly LAMISC post. Seriously dudes. Vig this.

I don't actually hate this post. The bit I've bolded actually sounds like the sort of anal nit-picking that villagers do. It's not a strong enough vibe to undo the badstuff, but it's there. At the very least it means that Raskol/Lode are almost certainly not aligned as mafia together.

Gettin' that lurker vibe here. Fairly swift and vacuumy response to Marv's vote.

Ah yes, now I remember why I had so many badfeels about IAWY on D1 -__-

I chuckled

Le cliffs: Feeling bad about IAWY again, feeling okay about Marv. Tak still a baddie who needs to be shuffled loose this mortal coil ASAP.

9. Marluxion

Marluxion Warlord

wait a minute

10. Marluxion

Marluxion Warlord

my vote doesn't count :pensive:

11. El-ahrairah

El-ahrairah Chieftain

LA/Marv not woofin together, this pop-in by LA doesn't feel like the sort of response one bro makes to another's post when it doesn't even mention them.

I bolded the worst bit here. See, the thing is, if it was a genuine slip, then it is indeed alignment indicative. Vanilla Cats did not get Role PMs. Tak was faking being a Vanilla Cat by "consulting" his Role PM. There is no way that this is intended to "draw the lynch" because Vanilla Cats serve one purpose, and one alone: to draw the NIGHT KILL. Not the lynch. That's dumb AF. If Tak flips anything other than Town, kill Renata with the purging flames of fiery deathness.

I have a lame TR on this post because of tone. It's not as strong as my TR on Arakhor or Marv tho.

Again, mild TR because I think Radish could make an attempt to appear constructive if he was scum. It's only mild because although I've never seen Radish as scum, I think he has the cajones to pull off this sort of casual no-effort tone if he actually is woofin.

Mm, don't like that 2 of my strong SRs are top of his town list, and that his only SR was the neutral 3p.

Cliffs: LA/Marv not teamed, Radishes feels low-key okay RN, LoS giving me some bad vibes again.

12. Ace Marvel

Ace Marvel Emperor

I really want you all to kill me so you psych out of "Ace played one good game as mafia once" you are giving me way to much credit.

13. El-ahrairah

El-ahrairah Chieftain

Pages 9+10:

+1 to Marv for standing his ground despite LoS's strong attempts to give him a TR for basically any reason.

I like this post, even if I disagree with the bolded. True it's not brilliant if Marv's been skipping posts as a villager, but I think that villagers are more likely to miss stuff than wolves, and I'm not sure "fake a derp" is Marv's MO. So I think this is a slightly good look. I do approve of the skepticism though.

I vibe with Raskol's post here. Slight TR for "I will wait till tomorrow to tunnel you" because I lowkey don't think scum announces that in advance.

The reason for Raskol calling Renata V completely bypasses me here. It doesn't feel like she said anything that couldn't be faked.

Mildly townie considering the flip.

The place where seagulls perch: Marv and Arakhor still looking V, minor V on Raskol and Raddish. Gonna take a break now to get some lunch and do some "real" work.

Ugh, real work.

14. El-ahrairah

El-ahrairah Chieftain

Dude can you HMU with your reads while I get s00p? If you're town, we should be working together.

15. Legacy of Smiles

Legacy of Smiles Prince

El, you've taken some of the things I've said out of the context there was for each.

The Esooa read - I said that it was purposefully a super stretch "read" to start conversation since we weren't going lynch of anywhere. It was actually moreso to get a reaction from Esooa, I think scum-Esooa would have been very eager to use me making a very poor read on her to push / argue with me but she didn't react to that.

The Takhsis thing - no actually, as I said to Rhand in the thread earlier it wasn't because I thought Takhsis was a PR. I thought Takhsis "slipped" on purpose as a reaction test but I was waiting for what Takhsis said first.

Marl is likely town but giving him a +1 to an obvious joke I made and saying I was begging for a TR when it was very clearly a joke is awful. I notice how you only paraphrased what I was saying here which is a bad look.

Loderingo likes this.
  16. Legacy of Smiles

Legacy of Smiles Prince

If there's something you don't understand my thought process on and you actually want an accurate narrative, please just ask me to explain it. I should usually be able to go into a good amount of detail about my exact thoughts on something, I think this is one of my strengths. I tend to be pretty clear-cut town by late game anyway, I've just not really had the time to really get working on this game yet.

17. Renata

Renata homicidal jungle cat GOTM Staff

You need to stop wolf-siding, El-ahrairah. Your reads, just everywhere they concern me and almost everywhere they concern other people I think I have good reads on, are ... I dunno. I do not vibe.

I don't know what LAMISC means, can you explain? Look At Me I'm So something?

18. Legacy of Smiles

Legacy of Smiles Prince

Look at me I'm so cat?

19. Renata

Actually please explain the bolded. If it makes sense this might go some way to explaining the reactions.

20. Renata

OK? I've said things that are way more Look At Me I'm So Cat than suggesting I might be lynched some day, but whatever.