Root Mafia (Game Thread - Mafia Victory)

Morning

just to clarify, I am from the UK and also live in the UK. I will be aware of Smiles‘ pocket (though I don’t know where a turtle can keep its pocket)!

So shall we start trying to solve this?

Looking at previous games 17 players = 4 or 5 scum. So 2 teams of 2?

One thing that I noticed looking at the old games is what a terrible record town has for day 1 eliminations. Would anyone consider a day one no lynch? If we mislynch on day 1, and then the scum each kill a townie at night then we could already be looking down the barrel. Plus there is a chance a town power role gets mislynched and can’t then help us at night.

BTW - I’m not just saying this because Choxorn has voted for me. I’m confident I can win them round (searches for ginger kitty photos)

How do you expect to solve this if we give up our ONLY method of actually killing wolves? Even if we mislynch a villager, we will have info to work with. We don't know how many factions there are, and whether all factions will be given a standard night kill. Maybe they can kill on alternative nights? Maybe one or more factions has a poison or arson mechanic instead of a factional kill? Or maybe there's a conversion mechanic, or an unaligned 3P who might generously decide to town-side? As your One True Cat-God-Emperor-Overlord, I demand that all loyal Kitties think only positive thoughts, and look not at how swiftly we might lose this war, but at how soundly we might win!

In short, no. Never no-lynch, except outside of MYLO.

I also have a cat avatar (Cat Quest), both am from and live in the UK, am a new player (I am super new, don't listen to the bad bad men and women who tell you otherwise!) and as a bonus point had a pet cat who sadly passed away 3 years ago at the tender age of 19.

Free town read pls.

thxbai
Free town read given!

I see that other people have stolen my "British and bad at mafia, despite playing it for years" niche.

How do you expect to solve this if we give up our ONLY method of actually killing wolves? Even if we mislynch a villager, we will have info to work with. We don't know how many factions there are, and whether all factions will be given a standard night kill. Maybe they can kill on alternative nights? Maybe one or more factions has a poison or arson mechanic instead of a factional kill? Or maybe there's a conversion mechanic, or an unaligned 3P who might generously decide to town-side? As your One True Cat-God-Emperor-Overlord, I demand that all loyal Kitties think only positive thoughts, and look not at how swiftly we might lose this war, but at how soundly we might win!

I absolutely agree that "no-lynch" is almost always a bad option, but given that four factions are noted in the write-up and their colours correspond with the four animal heads Pzelda posted, I think we can be fairly certain that there are four factions (or, at the very least, three other non-town win conditions).

My work here is done.

Thoughts on Takhisis?

I think most of what Takhsis has said is normal Tak stiff but there are two things that stand out, those being the response to me earlier and the whole Role PM thing.

The response to me I think is at least somewhat joking but I do like that Takhsis is actually reading into and analysing into what I'm saying, even if their conclusions seem totally wrong.

That take by Takhsis about me is probably pretty similar to my take on Esooa earlier in quality/seriousness so I'm a bit confused why the reaction to both was so different.

As for the role PM thing, I'm in two minds about it and it's probably not worth me going into detail about it right now?

Overall I'll say null but the upper side of null?

Votecount:
takhisis (4):
inawordyes, renata, rhand, el-ahrairah
johanna (1):
ace
lord argon (1): legacy of smiles
inawordyes (1): takhisis
legacy of smiles(1): marluxion
loderingo(1): choxorn

The rest is self-voting, obviously.
34 hours till brawl.

That is a surprising amount so early, yes.

I feel like there's something going on here with Takh but I'll zip it and not put words into anybody's mouths.

I feel like there's something going on here with Takh but I'll zip it and not put words into anybody's mouths.
This is such a “look at me I’m doing the townie thing” post that spills the beans anyways to anyone paying even half attention.
Me no like.

I see that other people have stolen my "British and bad at mafia, despite playing it for years" niche.

I absolutely agree that "no-lynch" is almost always a bad option, but given that four factions are noted in the write-up and their colours correspond with the four animal heads Pzelda posted, I think we can be fairly certain that there are four factions (or, at the very least, three other non-town win conditions).

How, how how is a poor townie supposed to survive among such hoodlums, I ask you.

Also, stupid bandwagon on my buddy Takhisis is stupid and seems to boil down to "he hinted he might have a role PM, what a wolf". Legacy of Smiles is trying way too hard. unvote

This is such a “look at me I’m doing the townie thing” post that spills the beans anyways to anyone paying even half attention.
Me no like.
Well it can't be too obvious because we're apparently thinking of different things.

But point against Takhsis is honestly pretty bad and that's about the extent of what should really need to be said on this.

How, how how is a poor townie supposed to survive among such hoodlums, I ask you.

Also, stupid bandwagon on my buddy Takhisis is stupid and seems to boil down to "he hinted he might have a role PM, what a wolf". Legacy of Smiles is trying way too hard. unvote
Tryharding early D1 is fun :(. Imagine having a sense of humour.

Top Bottom