Rotating camera

ggalindo001

Warlord
Hopefully a simple question -- is there a way to rotate the camera? I thought there was a feature to do this in some of the previews --- it was "temporary" and always reset back to normal orientation. I sometimes want to look "behind" my city (behind the graphics showing the name of the city), and was curious if this could happen.

was just thinking how cool it would be to rotate the map. not currently an option that i'm aware of

You can rotate the camera. Hold alt (I think) and hold L click and move the mouse left/right. I too like to look around my city

I thought about using that fix to turn the poles around so the sun would move the right way, but haven't got around to doing that yet.

There's a neat new mod out that stops the snap-back:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1197355854&searchtext=

Description
Camera rotation no longer snaps back after you release the mouse. Press the H key to reset the camera to its default position.

In addition to the normal controls, you can pan the map with WASD keys, and spin the map with the Q and E keys. Make sure to go into your keybinds and clear these keys or else other stuff will pop up.

Can't guarantee that this mod will work on Linux or Mac. Doesn't work for you? Found a bug? Post in the discussion below.

Can be used with single player saved games.

Compatible with any UI mod that doesn't edit WorldInput.lua

CQUI Users:
- Compatible with CQUI
- WASD pan will be disabled if you have it disabled in CQUI settings
- Q and E to select next/previous city/unit moved to shift + Q and shift + E
- Alternative Keybinds: Builder build quarry keybind moved from Q to R
- Alternative Keybinds: Military Engineer build road and Air unit rebase keybind moved from R to T.

Special thanks to CQUI for some of the script, and to Reavver and Неизвестный игрок for their guides.

Top Bottom