1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[IAAR] ROTQM11: RNGod's Opportunity to Quash Morons

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Stories & Let's Plays' started by pholkhero, Dec 8, 2016.

1. Ozbenno

Ozbenno Fly Fly Away Moderator Hall of Fame Staff

Autosave attached.

Attached Files:

2. Rex Tyrannus

Rex Tyrannus 280lbs of gross stupidity

We seem to have lost a little momentum, probably because the roster is a bit confusing. Because we've had some out-of-order turns and some skips, I'm going to take some time to re-jigger:

SUGGESTED REVISED ROSTER:
    • ozbenno >> just played
    • nfora >> up
    • imhotep >> out of pocket until Monday, on deck
    • Hero of Flames >>
    • Rex Tyrannus >> played before pholk
    • pholkhero >> played before Benno
    • Ruff Hi >> skipped

I swapped nfora and Imhotep, because Immy is OOP.
    I swapped pholk and me because I played before him most recently.

If anyone has a problem with this, fight me IRL speak up

3. Ozbenno

4. pholkhero

pholkhero Deviant Mind

I've got teh save. Will play and post by tomorrow evening, about 27 hrs from now

5. pholkhero

pholkhero Deviant Mind

Sorry it took longer than expected. More computer's been acting up and apparently, I was UP NOW for my making dinner SG.

I decide that the RNGod' Objectives are the most important at this point, and set about to focus on building up our faith buildings. All in all, without my continual sudden-restarts and blue screens, it would've been very boring.

Castles came in and I went w Mil Eng to get some military engineers online for some more roads.

I also took Medieval Faires for one of the economic policies, but I can't remember which one now.

We got our 6 envoys:

Bought an apostle:

And 3 cities on their way to fulfilling the RNGod's request:

And our army is on the way to egypt:

We need some moneys pretty desperately, first order of business should be to do the micro that I should've done to fix that situation.

6. pholkhero

pholkhero Deviant Mind

Ozbenno
    Nfora
    timhotep
    Hero >> UP NOW
    Rex >> on deck
    pholk >> just played, so not on double-deck
    Ruff

Attached Files:

7. ThERat

ThERat Deity

-20 gpt :eek:

I am curious what will happen next

8. pholkhero

pholkhero Deviant Mind

yyyyyeahhhh ~ :mischief:

I didn't even notice we had gotten that low until i was posting pics. I literally played the same turn almost a dozen times before I could figure out why my computer kept freezing, (Turns out, one of the graphics drivers didn't install properly) so i was something less-than-focused.

9. Ozbenno

Wow -20 is good. Must admit didn't notice that when I was playing :mischief:

We could look at burning another apostle to see if we could get a belief that gave us some cash. Otherwise commercial districts is the way to go.

What happens in VI when you run out of cash? Do your units get deleted like IV?

10. Rex Tyrannus

Rex Tyrannus 280lbs of gross stupidity

I opened the save and we've already got a disbanded unit notification for a former something down near Egypt. Additionally, most of our cities have an extra -2 amenities due to bankruptcy. Oh yeah, all of our cities are either displeased or unhappy. So, yay.

I then checked, by turning on the gold emphasis in every city. That got us to -17gpt. Let's look at the numbers. We make 30gpt. Our units cost us 20gpt and our cities (8 total) cost us 30gpt. I think the cities figure includes all building maintenance, but we don't have that many buildings, so I'm not sure how that 30 maintenance is calculated. We have 1 trade route and I didn't look where it's going. Needless to say, we should have more and we should send them to city states whose routes we can protect until we get back into the black.

I checked policy slots. THere's only one we could use to get us more gold, but that gets us an extra 1 gpt per trade route. So, not very good. In four turns, medieval fairies will come in and there's a policy we can use to get us 1gpt for each ambassador to a city state. That's +7gpt.

So, yeah, we're going to be very hurt. The RNGod mission is still many sets before expiring. So I recommend an immediate switch to building some commercial districts, traders, and commercial buildings. We'll lose much of our army, so I recommend turtle-ing up until we can ride out the storm.

You crop your screenshots, so most don't show the GPT. However, the one I *could* see showed us -8gpt, so you aren't so innocent there, Mr. Benno.

11. pholkhero

pholkhero Deviant Mind

what cares the RNGod of pecuniary matters?

:p

12. Hero_Of_Flames

Hero_Of_Flames Chieftain

Somebody forgot to name the save! Shame on you. I'll start now.

13. Hero_Of_Flames

Hero_Of_Flames Chieftain

Before I start, I must fix a misunderstanding. In my last turn report, I said I accidentally hit Next Turn. However, it seems that people thought I took an extra turn. All I did was hit the button. Us being at turn 136 bugged me, so I took one less turn to rectify my mistake. I hope you don't mind. Without further ado, let's get money!

All right, first turn we get the Military Science boost from killing a unit with our Knight, and I send a builder over to the Americas. IBT we get peace offerings. This happens a lot and I didn't write all of them down, just know that I said no. Next turn, 2 of our catapults disbanded. Because of this, I didn't really do much war this turnset. I did, however, start destroying an enemy Encampment. I also found a Tribal Village which gave us 40 gold, enough to sustain us for a couple of turns. On turn 138, we start on Education to get to Banking, while Xpan and Philadelphia work on Commercial Hubs. We also take the encampment, and with it a Builder. All that happens the next turn is that I send 2 envoys to Carthage making us the Suzerain and 1 to Nan Madol. Next, Medieval Faires finishes up and we start on Guilds, and we change Charismatic Leader out for Merchant Federation. On turn 141, Rome begins Encampment Training for a boost in gold. However, the next turn, Durocortotum was founded and started building a granary. I honestly considered changing the name for that city, but I didn't. I did start Antium on a water mill next turn, though. Valetta also started to build a Gurdwara, and we took out a barb camp for 40 gold, sustaining us for a good while.

I unfortunately forgot screenshots this turnset, but rest assured I (mostly) fixed our gold problem. Yay!

Attached Files:

14. Ozbenno

Well done (I think).

A roster.

• ozbenno >>
    • nfora >> MIA
    • imhotep >> out of pocket until Monday, didn't say which one...
    • Hero of Flames >> just played
    • Rex Tyrannus >> UP
    • pholkhero >> on deck
    • Ruff Hi >> still with us???

15. Ozbenno

Official progress on RNGod assignments:
    • Turn 55 rolled 12: "Cleanse 3 cities of Splitters (only our religion in 3 cities)" to be completed within 7 turnsets - completed turn 125
    • Turn 125 rolled 18: "Build 3 "Worship" Buildings (the final building for our religion)" to be completed within 7 turnsets - 5 turnsets to go

16. pholkhero

pholkhero Deviant Mind

nice turns ~ good to see someone fixed the economy ozzie's wrecked :mischief:

also, let's not forget to swap back to our religious buildings as soon as we can so we don't lose production (do we?)

17. ruff_hi

ruff_hi Live 4ever! Or die trying

Yes. I even managed to play the first 50ish turns of a game of Civ 6 ... until my computer completely hung and it needed a hard reset.

I think I will take a leaf out of imhotep's play book and say that I am out of pocket until March (do I need to specify which one?).

18. Ozbenno

I but serve the will of the RNGod. I leave such worldly matters to others :bowdown:

19. pholkhero

pholkhero Deviant Mind

It seems like it's just the four of us atm, and considering Rex can only play weekends, I thinking Roster=

Oz> UP NOW
    Rex> on deck
    pholkhero
    Heroes>just played

20. Ozbenno