1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[IAAR] ROTQM11: RNGod's Opportunity to Quash Morons

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Stories & Let's Plays' started by pholkhero, Dec 8, 2016.

1. ·Imhotep·

·Imhotep· Legendary Builder

Sorry for my absence, I can definitely play Friday or Saturday!

2. Rex Tyrannus

Rex Tyrannus 280lbs of gross stupidity

Hey, sorry. Yes, weekends are my only really god time. Sorry for not saying so sooner.

3. mlinneak

mlinneak Prince

lurker's comment: Hey, guys, I've really been enjoying following this game. Thanks for keeping at it, excited to see how it turns out! I've no experience with Civ VI yet myself so I love the screenshots and reports! :cool:

4. Ozbenno

Ozbenno Fly Fly Away Moderator Hall of Fame Staff

I'm happy to pass and let Immy and then Rex take it for the weekend and then I'll take it after that.

5. pholkhero

pholkhero Deviant Mind

All New New Revised Roster

Imhotep > UP NOW
    Rex> on deck
    ozbenno
    pholkhero
    Heroes>just played

6. Rex Tyrannus

I'm not sure if our legendary builder realizes he's up. Given my weekend constraints, if he hasn't played by tomorrow morning (say, 11AM GMT), I'll pick it up.

7. ·Imhotep·

8. Rex Tyrannus

Playing now. Be prepared to be whelmed.

mlinneak likes this.
  9. Rex Tyrannus

Optimus Princeps, huh? I like the sound of that. It's like I'm the really expensive CGI monstrosity in a bad Michael Bay movie. Also, I've never built a bath. What do they do? And why the hell does the Roman unique building replace the aqueduct? If anything the aqueduct should be the Roman UB. Sigh, I should probably get back to this silly game...

Turn 145 - 680 AD
    What's the state of the Front? Well, somehow, Hero of Flagella managed to right the economy.

But why is Washington on fire? Have we enemies in our borders? Have we barbs? I don't see any. Have our cities been in revolt?

No. Don't think so. I think we just have a city on fire and apparently that's okay with everyone. Okies. What's the war look like?

Hmmm...On first appearances, that looks like overwhelming force. But I only see one catapult. Maybe the four crossbows are enough to take down walls, but I think we need more seige weaponry. I notice we have some inquisitors still lying around. It might be worth it to delete those guys (or purge a city we capture) and build some more cats. I dunno.

Anywho, time to press "next turn".

Turn 146 - 700 AD

Holy crap we've got a lot of jungle. We need to get some traders going so we can get some roads through the bramble. On this turn, our one trader finished his mission, so I sent him to Washington with an eye on building the Washington/Rome parkway.

Also, I've got workers I don't know what to do with. We've got the new city that I'm sending one worker up to do something with. I guess the others will just put lumber mills on forests?

The battle of Ra Kedet has begun.

The damage to the city was from one single crossbow, so I might have been wrong on needing cats. Let's find out.

Turn 147 - 720 AD

Cleo fought back IBT. Our catapult and an archer took heavy damage from city bombardments. This gave the cat enough XP to upgrade heal but I had to pull the archer back. The archer is double promoted, so we should probably upgrade him once we have a little more cash. Speaking of which, we're in the black.

As said, I set our lone trader on a route from Washington to Rome. Xian would have been more lucrative, but we need roads down south. I did set Xian on another trader, since the commercial hub in that city finished. We can now have four trade routes.

The war is progressing nicely. I think we'll have Ra-Kedet next turn.

Turn 148 - 740 AB (After Brian)

Cleo went on the offensive IBT!

I didn't read the alerts fast enough and I thought this meant she killed one of our units. Nope. She just bombarded and took the one open space on the map. I was able to one-shot her chariot archer with a legion and proceeded to wreck her day.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2017
  10. Rex Tyrannus

Intermission:

I decided to check our status on the RNGod quest because I noticed that Rome had a Gurdwara already.

3... 1, 2, 3.

So, we're done, right? Well hold on there, Bucky. There's just one teensy problem. Those screenshots were all from the save Hero uploaded. Turn 145. We satisfied our RNGoal *last* turnset. What the hell is wrong with us?

And in case anyone is curious, we're not allowed to take another building belief. I checked...

Last edited: Feb 5, 2017
  11. Rex Tyrannus

Back to our regularly scheduled program and time to roll another RNGoal.

I had to read through pages of this SG just to find a link to the right set of objectives. (https://forums.civfanatics.com/thre...y-to-quash-morons.606976/page-2#post-14600037)

1d20 = 19 = Pillage 6 Splitter Holy Sites
    1d3 + 4 = 2 + 4 = 6 turnsets to complete

Personally, I'm not sure how many turnsets we have left, because I don't know when we actually finished. I *do* know that I could have pillaged the Ra-Kedet one before I took the city. Oh well. I assume Gilgamesh has at least one holy site. Otherwise, we'll need to get to the other continent. This one's gonna suck.

Still in turn 148

Geez...Washington takes 30 turns to repair the campus, 16 turns to repair the shrine, and 16 turns to repair the library. WTF? Does that grow every turn it's aflame? I could've sworn I saw much lower numbers when I started this turnset.

Turn 149 - 760 AD

The battle of Akhetaten has begun.

Turn 150 - 780 AD

IBT, our crossbow takes minor damage and Cleo spits out another Maryannu chariot archer. Our troops have almost enveloped her city and it won't last long.

I also notice we're back to losing money. I'm not sure what caused the swing. I haven't built a single troop this turn. On an unrelated note, I *also* noticed that we're on an inland sea map. So, no other continent.

Turn 151 - 800 AD

This got us the Eureka for Banking so that's almost done. I took a long look at our policies and decided to swap out Scripture (100% holy site adjacency bonus) for Caravanseries (+2GPT for trade routes)

I figured that we're really just sitting on our faith and, while we only have 1 trade route ATM, we have room for 4.

I also selected Reformed Church so we can adopt Theocracy.

Turn 152 - 820 AD

We got some french scientist whose name I cannot pronounce.

That boosted Enlightenment, BTW. Using his ability, we boosted Steam Power, Siege Tactics, and Rifling.

Oh, and this happened.

And, since I had too many units near her last city, I explored her lands a little and found this:

Oh and a heads-up, Nan Madol declared on us because Gilgamesh became their suzerain. Nan Madol seems like the logical next step anyway.

Turn 153 - 840 AD

Welcome to the Renaissance, a word I will never be able to spell right on the first go.

I chose gunpowder next because blowing people up is fun.:ar15:

We have a settler from Egypt that I don't know what to do with. I'm going to leave it where it is. There might be something near that new natural wonder, but there are a ton of barbs over there.

A few turns back, I'd built a missionary in Rome and sent him down to what used to be Egypt. This turn, I used him to spread to Ra-Kedet and used an inquisitor to remove the filth of Cleo's religion. Splitters!

Turn 154 - 860 AD

IBT was exciting.

The last 2 turns had one of our forward scouts being harassed by a war cart. Unfortunately, they chased me into a trap I couldn't see (a city) and he died. Sorry. It also seems that Nan Madol has more backbone than any of our previous opponents. Here's what that front looks like:

Turn 155 - 880 AD

IBT, an unmet player built Chicke Itch. Oh well. The front at Nan Madol was about clean up. Here's what it looks like right now:

Warning, that city can take 50% of a catapult's health in one turn.

Fin

Attached Files:

12. Ozbenno

Well done sir for noticing we had completed our mission! Let's assume it was completed the last turn of HoF's turns. That gives us 5 more turnsets to pillage 6 holy sites. We may have to explore east of old China to find another AI as well.

13. ·Imhotep·

14. ·Imhotep·

Very sorry I have to postpone this to Thursday - I have a day off then. IRL really is S*** atm. Apologies!

15. ·Imhotep·

I hate to say this, but I need another skip. Had planned to play today, as I had a day off, but my boss called me at 9.30 a.m. and asked me to come back into the office due to an emergency. I understand I have been totally unreliable, and if you feel that I should withdraw from the SG, please say so. I can only offer my humblest apologies. :/ :(

16. Rex Tyrannus

Aye carrumba, we're stalling here, gents. We need to call muster. Who all is able to play in the soon-ish time frame?

17. Ozbenno

I can play this weekend, consider this a got it.

18. Ozbenno

Load up the save and view our realm. All seems wellish, the economy is under control. The main issue is how to complete our mission from the RNGod. We currently have visibility on 0 AI holy sites so my priority is to do a bit of exploring. Looks like the army is down Nan Modal way so will try and take that on the way.

Press enter.

[Note: some of my screenshots somehow disappeared, think I deleted them somehow but not really sure :confused:]

Reformed church comes in and I change into Wars of Religion policy and select Diplomatic Service as spies may be useful.

Acquire a new city

We have tonnes of faith so I burn an apostle for our final belief, Crusade. Fits the variant.

We should have our faith units at the front to use this.

I start to explore to the east and find Yerevan and we're the first to find them as well so might be quite empty this way.

Gunpowder comes in and I pick Sailing (1 turn) and then Metal Casing.

We become the suzerain of Yerevan. The benefits are great as we can pick the promotion of our apostles.

We also meet La Venta in the north, also the first to meet them.

Use free settler for city here.

Start the new war by converting Gilgamesh's city

Made absolutely no progress on our goal as the north of the map seems empty and Gilgamesh has no religion and maybe no holy sites.

Roster:
    Rex - Rolled a fat variant
    Ozbenno - Smoked it
    Anyone who is willing and able - UP

Attached Files:

19. pholkhero

pholkhero Deviant Mind

got it ~ will look toward win condition

20. Rex Tyrannus

I think you might be using a different definition for "got it" than I. Bump?

Also, I'm taking time off all week, so I can shoot in any time.