[IAAR] ROTQM11: RNGod's Opportunity to Quash Morons

As I look over the empire, I sigh loudly. RNGod isn't speaking to me, as I'm still unworthy. I'll just have to muddle through without his aid.

Our slinger finishes, and I start another warrior. Clubs are needed to take cities. In the meantime I start moving the settler over to the East. It will prove a useful staging ground, and has a good number of hills, plus access to copper for additional luxes.

As I'm scouting the area I plan to settle, I make a surprise discovery:

I time the completion of Archery for the construction of one more slinger, and pursue the settler with the scouting archer. Antium is founded, and as Rome it comes with a road back home:

Archery finishes, but the slinger that was supposed to finish at the same time gets converted to an archer before it completes. The archer will finish the following turn. I upgrade slingers, except our scout, netting the eureka for machinery.

When State Workforce completes, I swap Colonization for Urban Planning, reasoning the extra 2 production in the empire is more valuable when we're about to go to war.

I meet this fellow, and then scroll through pages of posts trying to figure out if I need to delcare war on him:

After much post-searching, I discover that we have to declare on everyone after the 4th turnset. I am merely the third high-priest of RNGod, so I greet our guest warmly and offer him wine that only has a little bit of poison in it. I'm a nice fellow.

My kindness had nothing to do with finding out where his capitol was. Nothing at all.

The very next turn this gentleman showed up:

He wasn't so willing to enjoy tea with me. He came up from our south.

Jerusalem made me angry. So I attacked:

There was no warmonger penalty, but Teddy came whinging. On my last turn, I declared on Valetta, but there has been little progress. We still need to clear out some warriors and move the archers into better firing position.

So to summarize: Met Qin and Teddy, declared on Jerusalem and am chasing a settler of theirs, delcared on Valetta and have enough troops on hand to take it if we position them right, with some reinforcements not too far away.

There's a really nice city spot north and east of Antium, with access to up to 3 horses we should consider. After archery came in, I swapped to Bronze Working for an encampment, but Horseback Riding doesn't have many beakers left to it.

We should get a worker over to Antium to hook up the copper and the wheat, and maybe a settler after political philosophy finishes would be good, before we head into AW mode.

The Roster:
ozbenno
imhotep
nfora > Just Played
Hero of Flames >> UP!
pholkhero >> if needed, can swap with Rex, so he can play this weekend
Rex Tyrannus
Ruff Bye

Attachments

• RoTQM-11-T45.Civ6Save
    970.4 KB · Views: 57
nice! another two cities should set our empire up nicely for the upcoming :hammer:

i was thinking of settling the free settler up near Xian, but perhaps its better to find out where TR is and settle towards him.

go towards HBR next?

oh, surprise trip to NY? :mischief:

sure, no problem ~ do you need a total skip or can you play in the next few days?

I've got the save in any case ~

Rex, what's your status for the weekend?

Getting the free settler isn't going to be easy. We're chasing it with a slinger :(

Merry Christmas everyone!
Installed steam :( ... now installing Civ 6 :D

Update: Won't run off my integrated graphics. Will have to put my graphic card back.
Update2: GPU installed. Civ6 starts. How do I tell what version I am running? Is there an 'update' option somewhere?

Last edited:
Merry Christmas all. :)

Kids up at 5:30am :sad:

sorry, got hit w the christmas sack ~ merry xmas and happy 1st-3rd days of hannukah if ya celebrate.

My set was vastly unexciting. I lost a warrior at valetta as that CS keeps pumping out warriors. We've got four archers around the city and a warrior just about done healing up. It should fall relatively quickly then.

The settler escaped our clutches as Jerusalem had multiple units about. I moved up an archer and warrior, but we may have to wait until valetta falls first.

I revolted us to Oligarchy for now as we don't have too many military techs to take advantage of autocracy at the moment. Went for the help with production of melee and ranged units as well as 2 envoy pts per turn, everything else I kept the same.

The most ironic thing that happened was TR commended us for keeping the peace.

Sorry for the Imhotep-style ( :mischief: ) report but i figured Rex will be looking to spend the last day w/o family playing video games so i wanted to get this in asap. I also imagine Rex will wow us w an out-of-this-world story report next so i didn't want to steal his thunder.

We're almost done HBR and on our way to the civic which unlocks the bonus to producing cavalry units.

We're ready to declare on everyone and get our first RNGod quest as well. I'm thinking that we could declare, take Valetta, leave some units for defense and move up to take Xian while we try to find out other neighbors (and crush their skulls). We've got a scout to our south, but hasn't discovered but two or three new tiles as it took some to navigate through the jungle. That'll help with stalling any invasion from the south, but will suck w the added defense for our enemies.

Attachments

• ROTQM11t55.Civ6Save
    1,023 KB · Views: 83
Hurumph!

The great bear of a man rose from his sleep. Again, he was needed. Called for, not by this weakling, this Trajan.

But by a higher power. Called by antiquity herself. Rome, it seemed, was in need.

This Rome--His Rome, he supposed--this rotund powerhouse of feminine passivity...he liked it not. Meek and humbled were its citizenry, delighting at wallowing through their meager lives, amounting to no more than a footnote in the history books that time will write of their conquerors.

"No, I like it not," the man said to no one and everyone. "Rome," he then shouted. The soldiers, merchants, and peasants in the market square turned. As one, the crowd all noticed him for the first time. "You people sicken me to my marrow."

"Buzz off, big-nose," shouted a cheese maker from the crowd, shortly before the bear-man opened his skull like a jar lid. The cheese maker's wife feinted.

"No," the man said in a stage whisper. "I'll not be buzzing, little fly." He stood up straight and wiped the blood from his hands onto a Roman banner. It'll have plenty more blood on it before he's done with it.

Again, he shouted: "Listen up you sackless sheep. I'm Rex Tyrannus, and I'll be damned if you don't learn fear today."

In the 55th turn, 1840 years before a man named Brian would die with a tune on his lips, Rex removed the Dionesian weakling, Pholkhero, from office and vowed Rome will remember itself and her enemies would forever rue the day they gave up foraging.

And now, to consult the gods...

Blast, it seems our Rome is as godless as she is spineless. Might as well roll the dice and divine of them what I can.

He rolled a 12, then a 3 and decides the gods will Rome to wipe the stain of splitters from Rome. He then ordered the inquisition to begin, a baptism in the blood of the heretics.

(Output from Wizards of the Coast's D&D Dice Roller)
Spoiler :

Note: the order of rolls is bottom to top. the middle role (3d1) is because I think their dX input fields are backward.

Roll(1d3)+4:
3,+4
Total:7

Roll(3d1)+4:
1,1,1,+4
Total:7

Roll(1d20)+0:
12,+0
Total:12

Turn 56

To teach these farmers to make war, Rex first taught them to master the horse.

And, to lead them back to the righteous path, he began teaching them astrology, so they could divine the gods' will from the stars. (And to build holy sites)

Turn 57

Rex decided these Roman's weren't ready for too much war this soon, so he ordered his scouts to stay close to home. But, alas, Rome's rivals were closely settled.

Fortunately, they seem to have had issues of their own to occupy their war chariots.

Well, there's nothing like adding righteous insult to splitter injury.

Turn 60

Amongst the killing of enemy warriors (3 down at Valletta and 2 up near Xian), Rex decided to set his people down the holy path.

Breaking character, I chose divine spark because A) we need to catch up if we want to found a religion, and B) this will greatly speed up our great generalling.

Turn 62

Rex finally found one woman, lame, hunchbacked, and missing her left eye. This woman could read the stars.

And he began teaching them of the wheel, so they could eventually wheel catapults to their enemies' walls. Because their enemies had begun building walls (and bombarding our warriors).

But this invention did not come in time to shelter those splitters in Valletta from Roman bows.

Turn 62

The populace finished learning sports and assorted fartery when Rex spoke to them of mystics and the power of prophets.

Turn 63

Rome's scouts sent word back that they've met a new city state. Nan Madol, they styled themselves. Rex decided they could live...for now.

Turn 65

Our lame, half-blind woman who'd been reading the stars had begun gathering a crowd of drivel-sayers who saw prophecy in the old woman's mutterings.

This pleased Rex and he began guiding the government from the bullshi...er...mystic teachings.

Rex, weary of his time forging Romans into ROmans, prepared to lay down his badge of office, confident that he'd set the nation right. He gave one last order, telling his scouts to move south. The scout spied...

A nest of splitters.

Notes:

The scout down south is in serious danger. He's wounded from one of Cleo's warriors that ambushed him and there's two American warriors within 3 tiles. The Egyptian warrior is northwest of him and the two Americans are south and southeast.

I think I screwed up on the policy cards. I should have chosen the 50% cavalary production civic instead of the unit maintenance one. We have +17.9 GPT, so we can afford it. We need horses now that we have an encampment and a source of horse. I had set us to culture-researching Defensive Tactics, due in 17 turns. If the group wants, switch it to Military Tactics. It will only take 6 and we can switch. Rome is building a Holy Site, due in 11, so we really can't use the horse card right now anyway.

I have a captured worker sitting in Valletta. There's not really a whole lot to do with him, ATM. There is a banana and a plains tile up in Antium he can improve, but he only has one build charge left. I dunno. That's a long way away.

I'm concerned that we won't get a prophet. I assume we auto-lose if we can't found the PFJ?

The Roster:
  • ozbenno
  • imhotep
  • nfora
  • Hero of Flames >> skipped
  • pholkhero >> rolled a natural one on his turn report
  • Rex Tyrannus >> just played
  • Ruff Bye >> up now

Offical progress on RNGod assignments:

• Turn 55 rolled 12: "Cleanse 3 cities of Splitters (only our religion in 3 cities)" to be completed within 7 turnsets

Official post with final variant rules and RNGod table

Attachments

• ROTQM11 t65.Civ6Save
    1 MB · Views: 58
Last edited:
So right now, we have no religion to spread and no way to spread it. Those Splitters are getting off easy. The sooner we can get some apostles out, the better I think.

Top Bottom