• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

ROTQM7: Really?! Okay . . . Thanks for the "Memories"

pholkhero

Deviant Mind
And now, presenting . . .

the SG the people have been generally hoping wouldn't come . . .

the little-anticipated, unlikely to be replicated

ROTQM7

Prologue
REX:

Pholk, look ~ I’ve had it up to here with of all this nancy’ing about with midgets, poetry, monkeys and ENOUGH!

PHOLK:

But, you’ve been here less than me lately! Why are you back now?!?

I’m here to set you a mission, one which will require all five of you.

You mean?

Yes! You must reassemble the Fox Force Five!

GreyFox’s Toes??

No, no, it’s just a title ~ like, there’ll be five of you on the roster. Stupid.

But do we even know where they are?

Well, you’re right here.

Am I?

Stop that! Yes, you are. You’ll need to get Ozbenno

Ruff

Imhotep

And Fox.

But there’s no picture? How will I find him??

It won’t be hard. He’s only one asian in about a billion.

Plus, he looks like this:

No, wait ~ that’s George Takei. And you can buy that photo here: http://www.georgetakei.com/shop.asp

Yes, and boy is he dreamy without that shirt . . .

Rex! George is a married man now…and he’s NOT Fox!!

Yes, I know. Do you really think Ruff is Paul Hogan? Steve Irwin is dead, for crying out loud! He’s expired, deceased, passed on. He is an ex—

Just stop, okay. I’m not even sure about this joke in the first place so let’s quit while we’re ahead. And in any case, MY picture is . . . eh, not me either. Yeah, how silly of me…. So, what’s the mission?

All war. No tech trading.

What?!? Been done before . . .

Just a culture win.

Oh, but that’s been done before hasn’t it? Where’s the excitement? The joi de vivre?? The crème de la crème, the boxer shorts, the . . . what-have-you . . .

It’s a 3CC.

Oh.

Alright, toodeloo ~ good luck with that. And thanks for the fish.

Fish?

Signing in ....

... what's so difficult finding a picture of GreyFox? :confused:

But I must say all your pictures were really good impressions of how I imagine each of us looks like (including myself, how I imagined I would look like to you guys -- a trekkie asian, takei is quite fitting :lol:).

-- back to the RotQM7 --

It is going to be suicide though ... I remember berserks' always war culture was done at prince level, and it was quite a struggle. Now that this is 3CC -- it can't be anything above warlords :p

--

We should have a go at Noble I think and if it goes to buggery, we could drop to Warlord.

Who to play? Hatty might be good as I think we will want a creative leader (free culture without any buildings) and war chariots are pretty good AW units. Is Frederick cre/phi as that would be a good combo as well (UU and UB not so useful).

Lurker: :eek: Every game with Pholk is that weird! I didn't believe it until now... Anyway, good luck. With those settings you'll certainly need it :(

It is going to be suicide though ... I remember berserks' always war culture was done at prince level, and it was quite a struggle. Now that this is 3CC -- it can't be anything above warlords :p
--
Heh, we conquered then culture. Maybe you could adopt the same strats here :)

If you guys go warlord then imo you should pick Toku as a leader on account his culture is the only one that matters to him!

Cheers!
-Liq

I'll never forgive you that picture. I demand to play my sets before pholkherina, so that I can leave him some horrible situations... (either by intent or by my play :D )

Imhotep

P.S.: Checking in!

Wow, looking foreward to (lurking) a fun game :crazyeye:

I wish you all the luck you need :thumbsup: ;)

@Berserks: considering this is a 3CC, it will be more difficult by at least 2 orders than the AWC ... simply don't have the production power to conquer then culture ...

I still think noble might be too difficult, hell even warlords might be unattainable, ad we all know how thoroughly pholky test his crazy variant ideas ... but let's see how things fare.

--

·Imhotep·;7804093 said:
I'll never forgive you that picture. I demand to play my sets before pholkherina, so that I can leave him some horrible situations... (either by intent or by my play :D )

Imhotep

P.S.: Checking in!
hey, well, you should see the reject pile ;) :)

Sitting Bull is another option. With the totem pole and protective, we can get well promoted defensive units. On the lower difficulty, we can go for a Feudalism slingshot as well.
I actually like Bull the most for this so far. the PRO as well as resource-less UUs makes that a great choice ~ and we all know that Sitting Bull was utilized so well for culture in the PHwhat-have-you in the Tundra ~ that was just about AW, but certainly lacking the 3cc

oh, and Fox ~ you're supposed to "test" ideas first? I thought this was the test??

oh, and @ Fox again ~ really, could it be anyone else but George Takei??

and the tentative roster is:
Pholk
Fox (for pure whippy goodness)
Ozzie
Ruff
Imhotep

ruff and im might need skips every now and again, thus their lower pole positions...plus, now Im can eff with me every time he plays.

i'm home sick tomorrow; going to the Dr's so I'll be able to start this off as soon as we decide (which i'll leave open for about 12 more hours or so . . .)

Lurker: Will enjoy watching this unfold.

What are the rules on cathedrals? Are they based on map size or game speed? And is there any setting where you can build them with just 3 cities? Short of that, this seems nigh impossible...

We can build one cathedral per religion. They not based on map size, IIRC. You will require 3 temples to build 1 cathedral. The only exception is OCC. Cathedrals are not the only handicaps for 3CC -- some huge culture-giving national wonders are also out-of-bounds (eg Globe and Oxford).

Well, the main problem is with religions. In a normal 3CC culture, you can rely on peacful spread of foreign religions. So, if you manage to get say 5 religions in your cities, you can have 5 cathedrals to play with, so on the average each will have 1~2. Coupled with the Hermitage, you can easily get at least 100% boost for each city.

In an AW, we cannot get religion peacefully. So, we have either to found them (meaning spending research time on these religious techs and risk facing maces with archers), or easier approach is to capture a religion. But this is 3CC, making the last alternative not too viable.

AW makes it 5 times harder than a normal 3CC-culture, and 3CC makes it 5 times harder than a normal AW-culture.

Which is why I think even noble is unattainable.

-

It is based on map size. On standard size, it is 3 temples per 1 cathedral, on huge map it is 4 and duel 2.

At noble, we should be able to get CoL (on the way to maces) and Theology (AP would be a good denial), probably Philosophy as well.

If we play Sitting Bull we can try and bulb religions (Theology from GP and Philosophy from GS).

Has any ROTQM game actually been won since ROTQM2? I'm pretty sure they've all been lost since then (and the Quarrelplegic Midgicants lost twice).

:lol: Point taken. Let's go for Deity then ;)

Now that we have settled the difficulty, how abt map type? A better-for-human archipelago or a we-are-going-to-lose-anyway pangea?

Leader wise, I am fine with SB, or Hatty.

all the games HAVE been lost, i think ~ in that tradition, let's at least go with noble.

sitting bull, it is, i think, and i'm up for archipelago. no need to stack the deck TOO far against us ~

i think i'll roll up a couple starts and let's pick one ~

Top Bottom