Round Table Bid war gambit

Pinstar

Ringtailed Regent
Every so often you'll see the round table come up as the 'contest'. This happens for all players in the game, not just your civ. The winner gets their palace upgraded one level. The catch is, the 'winner' has to win an auction. This one event has enormous potential benefit to the savvy player.

Step 1: Don't fall for it yourself. An upgraded palace does have a legitimate benefit, but not nearly enough to warrant the expense of trying to win the bid war.

Step 2: If you are on when the round table auction comes up, immediately sell lots of resources. Food, production, science; anything you can spare. About ~500 of each category at least (unless the market for a given type is already severely depressed). Even if you have specific goals in mind, don't be afraid to sell resources you are collecting; you'll get them back and more soon enough.

Step 3: Sit back and watch the fireworks. If you're lucky, you'll get a bid war. It might not look like much at first, but wait until the final minute. I've seen the bidding go over 20K gold on several occasions.

Step 4: As players sell off resources to make bigger and bigger bids, you'll see the prices for certain items crash.

Step 5: The moment the auction is over, start buying like a madperson. The prices will have been at their lowest settings allowing you to get tons of resources, more than you started with, for super-cheap. it is important that you go on a buying spree the moment the auction ends as the loser(s) of the auction may have the same idea and might buy up the cheap stuff rather than you.

Hope this helps.

actually its not just this, it always pays to keep an eye on the market. its just like the real world. buy low and sell high.

for example yesterday someone had dumped a whole lot of production in the market and prices were severly depressed. i bought a ton of production, immeadiately converted to units and sold back to market. I doubled my gold.

generally average price for food is around 400 gold for 100 food, 500 gold for 100 production, 250 gold for 100 research, 70 gold for 100 culture. (At least in the game i am playing)

My fave crazy bid is when the auction for 1% of the world's gold comes up, and people bid more than 1% of the world's gold because they don't do the math.

Oh, and hey, Pinstar, are you the Pinstar I know from such games as Sims2?

My fave crazy bid is when the auction for 1% of the world's gold comes up, and people bid more than 1% of the world's gold because they don't do the math.

Oh, and hey, Pinstar, are you the Pinstar I know from such games as Sims2?

One in the same :)

Top Bottom