1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Round turn doesn't finish

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Fall from Heaven' started by MrMestopheles, Dec 5, 2010.

1. MrMestopheles

MrMestopheles Chieftain

Hi, I'm playing the Kuriotates on Monarch right know, just started to build the Tower of Power; maybe for this reason 4 civs declared war on me, 2 defense treated with me.
    So I'm just attacking my only neighbor on my continent, the black elf, by the sea, with some arch magicians summoning water elementals and some shadow of the deep priests spelling tsunamis. It works quite fine.
    So I'm killing the defense stack in first of 3 cities. Dragon hero and phalanxes attacking from flying ship.
    Ok so the round is over, I hit enter, wait for the next round to start. But it doesn't, as the world cursor keeps spinning and spinning and spinning...

Tomorrow I could post the savegame, any suggestions?

2. Jenaelha

Jenaelha fields of Elanor

simplest would be to revet to a previous turn(s) save and see if the problem goes away.

3. MrMestopheles

MrMestopheles Chieftain

Well as I didn't have previous savegames anymore I just did not place my flying ship on his continent. The I had some meal. After this, the next turn was loaded.
    Continueted my world tournee in removing coastal cities and finished the Red Dragon with my Gold Dragon. :D
    3 Turns before my tower was completed the plague hit my cities and AI players continued declaring was on me. The I won. :)

4. Rotting

Rotting Chieftain

I seem to have the same problem repeatedly. Returning to an older save doesn't work. Does anyone have any ideas how to solve this?

5. Tielby

Tielby Prince

Most likely this is another instance of the dreaded WoC ("Waiting for Other Civilizations") bug. You can find many references to it in the bugs thread, for example, here.

It's possible that looking over those responses will give you the clues you need to solve the problem (via Worldbuilder).

Breunor has been kind enough to try to fix savegames in the past, but ONLY (as far as I know) games based in FfH2 with patch O. Since your problem occurred while playing a modmod (the "flying ship" was a giveaway), I'm afraid it's likely you'll have to start again.

By the way, yes it is normal for most, if not all, of the other civilizations to declare war on you when you begin building the Tower of Mastery (translated in the German version as the "Tower of Power", I think), unless you have disabled the Tower of Mastery victory option. And yes, even civilizations which you formerly had the best relations with will declare war. The same is true for building the last part of the Altar of the Luonnotar (sp?). I think only civilizations which are your vassals will never declare war under those circumstances.

Best of luck!

6. Breunor

Breunor Deity

Yes, if you have a crash or WoC, I can try to fix it. But I don't have or play the Modmods and I don't keep old copies of the game around, so I'm afraid I can't do it unless it is base FfH and the latest patch. If it ia patch O base game bug, I can take a look. I'm away this week, but I can look when I get back.

The most likely bug left is the 'multiple mage' bug. If you go into the worldbuilder, see if the AI has a lot of mages together. If you delete a few, it will often fix the problem. I usually then go back a little later and give the AI some troops or mages back in compensation.

Best wishes,

Breunor

7. Tholal

Tholal Emperor

The Kuriotates version of the Queen of the Line is a flying ship in base FFH.

8. Tielby

Tielby Prince

Doh! I'm amazed I've never (apparently) gotten that far in a game playing Kuriotates. :blush: