Route To Mode takes more turns to build roads

tibbles

Warlord
Sometimes when using Route To Mode the worker will get "stuck" building a road on a hex. By that I mean he'll be shown as building a road with some weird build time, say 7 turns, and when I mouse over the hex the tile already has a completed road on it. It's like it completes the road in the usual 3, then instead of moving to the next tile, it tries to build it again in the same spot and using the build time of some other improvement.

It seems more frequent on roading over unimproved resources and marshes, but that could also be that wasting an extra 6-8 turns to build a road on 1 hex are a lot more noticeable than +3 turns across an open plain. I wouldn't be using Route To Mode if I wanted to watch the worker's progress that closely.:)

I've seen this bug at least since G&K, maybe since classic. I'd have reported it years ago, but I guess I figured it'd have been reported and fixed by now. :lol:

Unfortunately, I don't have a save or screenshot of a case handy, but I'm sure I can generate this case within a few days if necessary.

Edit: This probably should be tagged BNW, but like I said, it actually applies to all older editions too.

Huh, it would appear that reopening a game can resolve this.

I had a case where a Route To Mode worker completed a road over a plantationed hill, the tile had a road, but he was still shown as building a road again for 4 turns.

I went and moved him off before I remembered to upload the save game. I reloaded the turn from the autosave and he is no longer building a road for 4 turns.

Top Bottom