• Yes

Votes: 25 65.8%
  • No

Votes: 7 18.4%
  • Abstain

Votes: 6 15.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I voted yes, i think that this would make more people 'join' the rpg, e.g. demogame 2 when we got the forums.

oh yeah, sorry i forgot about that option.

i havnt got to terms with the new poll options thingy's

Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes!

I must.. I mean we must have an rpg forum. It makes the game ALOT better as long as it isn't restricting or too dependent on money. The RPG is fun, and that's what the game is all about. F-U-N! Sure the Demogame helps newer players with their game, but it also allows everyone to have fun together. An RPG would only make it more worth while as the game gets more exiting. The citizen's forum is for discussion on the game, and the RPG threads would only get in the way there, so they shouldn't be there. In their own forum, it would also be easier for people to know thast an RPG thread is just that, and it is easier to keep up with the RPG without all the disscussions taking place in the Citizen's forum. So it works both ways!

Yes, a seperate RPG forum would not only help the RPG itself, but should also leave the citizens forum free for discussions. It should also increase partcipation in an RPG.

If we can get it done correctly, it might add to the overall energy of the demogame itself. Currently everyone wants to see a Story-based RPG with a loose ruleset and an easy to get into format. This sounds like a great idea to me, the ruleset should be made to primarily make it fun for everyone (IE: No superpowers, elves, etc.).

We can also easily elect 2 or more SM's (Story Managers) who create stories that co-align with the decisions in the demogame. It should be pretty fun to see decisions you make in the demogame effect the characters within the RPG.

The only problem I can see (as of now) of the Story-based RPG is that it is almost impossible to make a good story without it being full of long-winded posts. Having a thread full of posts that takes minutes to read each one makes it extremely hard for someone to get into, and might even alienate new players. I'm hoping that we can find a solution to this problem in the near-future though.

Now, I'm waiting for DZ to pop-in and say something about Shaitan not being here :p

well we could also include interesting aspects from DG2 such as disorganizer's pub, or Zarn's jedi council thing.

I voted for yes. I just hope it does not become a restrictive RPG game and a Buissness/Economic Sim like in DG2 and 3.

Just don't get your hopes up. I just talked to Thunderfall, and he said it's probably not going to be a good idea to make an RPG forum due to the bug in vb3.0 where deleted posts from forums where the post count is turned off also subtracts from your actual posts.

Chieftess said:
Just don't get your hopes up. I just talked to Thunderfall, and he said it's probably not going to be a good idea to make an RPG forum due to the bug in vb3.0 where deleted posts from forums where the post count is turned off also subtracts from your actual posts.
Chieftess of little faith ;) :D

Chieftess said:
I would spam there like mad and get my PC back to 0! :yeah:

I don't care if the posts are reduced, and if they are, the better. :cool:

Tell that to TF. ;)

And I was serious. :)

Ankka said:
I would spam there like mad and get my PC back to 0! :yeah:

I don't care if the posts are reduced, and if they are, the better. :cool:

Tell that to TF. ;)

And I was serious. :)

It would be good for you, there was a time when I remember your were bragging about 1,000. I don't think I've gotten 1,000 posts sense you've shot up.

lol oh the irony complaining about someone posting too much and then spamming ;)

anyway, i think the results so far have been very positive.

Strider said:
It would be good for you, there was a time when I remember you had less posts than I did. Now look at how many you have. :p
Yeah. So do I. Sometime last spring. :rolleyes:

Me bragging about 1,000 posts? :hmm: Interesting. Can't remember that.

I wonder if TF would agree to reset my PC. The possibility of me getting into the top 25 posters list is quite scary. :eek:

Civanator said:
I could care less what my post count is :rolleyes:

I say yes.

I believe most of the people who said yes would willing take the PC drop. Except if your Ankka who would do it because of the PC drop.

Of course, it would only drop when/if it is deleted. Which there is always the chance that the bug would be fixed by then also.

Strider said:
I believe most of the people who said yes would willing take the PC drop. Except if your Ankka who would do it because of the PC drop.

Of course, it would only drop when/if it is deleted. Which there is always the chance that the bug would be fixed by then also.

A PC drop!! :eek:. If a few of us would like to keep the PC, we should let TF know about it so he can correct it much like what he did with the users who posted in the parlament forums.

Top Bottom