1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

RPG: For Yevon!

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Demo Game V: RPG' started by Strider, Aug 13, 2004.

1. Strider

Strider In Retrospect

This is a test story based on the developing RPG rules found here.

Background: The Order of Yevon has grown rapidly and has become one of the premeir religious orders in the nation. With the coming expansion of a new settlement within the nation, the leaders of Yevon could not pass up the possibility of expanding the order also. As such the Praetor and High Priest of Yevon headed out insearch of a suitable location to further spread to praise's of Yevon.

Player Characters:
    Strider - A Follower of Yevon who voulanteered to accompany the Praetor and High Priest as a Bodyguard
    Immortal - A Hired bodyguard
    BCLG - A Hired bodyguard
    Zarn - Praetor of Yevon
    CivGeneral - High Priest of Yevon

NPC's:
    Refutik - Follower of Yevon

"I hate hiring low-life mercenary to accompany us." Strider muttered with a disgusted look towards Immortal and BCLG. "Couldn't we just have found some other followers that can handle a weapon? Or atleast better scum."

"As long as they do there job both of them are fine by me." Refutik replied with a stern glance at his companion.

"You can trust them if you want to, but I'm not about to let one of them stick a dagger in me." Strider returned before stomping away.

Refutik watched him leave, wondering for a short while if he should follow him, but quickly decided against it and instead headed towards Zarn. "We are waiting for your permission to leave, Praetor."

2. GenMarshall

GenMarshall Widowmaker: Ghost Operative

Versailles City, United Systems of New Coruscant
    Just before CivGeneral leaves his house, his family wished him the best of luck and gave him food. "Do take care of yourself and becarefull" CivGeneral's mother said as I leave the house. "Dont worry mother, I will" I said as I exit the house.

Minutes later I met up with Zarn, awaiting for more orders to be followed.

3. Black_Hole

Black_Hole Chieftain

Noticing a gathering of the Yevon, Priest Black_Hole goes to see whats going on. Hw just finished his teachings of the Yevon life. He wonders what the big commotion is...

4. Zarn

Zarn Le Républicain Catholique

"Priest Black_Hole, please follow me," says Zarn after seeing Black_Hole with a puzzled look on his face. "You will be second in charge of our next Temple."

"It is a glorious day to further expand the great Order of Yevon," Zarn exclaims to High Priest CivGeneral after CivGeneral comes to greet him. "CivGeneral, you are going to control this temple for the glory of our Yevon who has departed onto the Farplane."

(to All) "Let us start our journey to set up the next Temple of Yevon!"

5. Black_Hole

Black_Hole Chieftain

Thank-You honorable paraetor Zarn, unfortunately Minister Rik Meleet and Saam have currently not discovred how to use bricks to make buildings(masonry), thus we must build this temple out of bamboo. *Black_Hole runs off looking for bamboo*

6. BCLG100

BCLG100 Music Master

Walking along to meet up with the group BCLG mumbles to himself 'i wish i didnt need the money, i'd rather be back at home with my family than doing this,'

He reaches the group and mutters to immortal 'i dont like that strider, its almost as if he hates us.'

7. Strider

Strider In Retrospect

The small band travels for most of the morning and afternoon, but stops early evening to camp.

"argh, Were moving to slow. I could've covered double this distance if I was by myself." Strider ranted. "No slacking off tommorow, we have to get moving!"

"Relax, nothing's going to move on us if were late." Refutik replied calmly. "What I am worried about is the report of thieves we heard before leaving."

"The thieves won't bother us and if they do the won't live long enough to do it again!" Strider answered and Refutik only sighed in return.

"Hey, you two! Scum, go find us some water to cook with!" Strider yelled when Refutik failed to reply.

8. Immortal

Immortal Chieftain

Immortal stood along-side of BCLG, glancing around for suspicious occurances. He paused for a moment to wipe the sweat from his brow, his tanned leathers felt like oven.

"'i dont like that strider, its almost as if he hates us.' BCLG turned to Immortal and grumbled as he turned around and walked closer to the group of travellers.

Immortal had spent many sun-rises now guarding these curious individuals, Immortal considered them strange. At times their beliefs irked him, other times they offended him.

"Oh well, at least Im not a farmer anymore", he thought with a smile as he ran his thumb over the sharpened end of his wooden pike.

The leader of the order, Zarn as they called him, was a curious individual indeed. At times you could see the fanaticism in his eyes. His bodyguard, a resentful person named Strider, was obviously displeased with being accompanied by a unbeliever, as Immortal was. Though Immortal did not hate Strider, he felt it strange that Strider, such a youthful looking person, would be a bodyguard. Strider seemed better suited for sermons than he does for melees.

Immortal turned towards BCLG, who had by now walked along the tall grass of the field to a shaded spot under a tree.

"What is it exactly that these people want? Are they going to force Babylonians to convert? They are crazy if they try, the Babs are...." Immortal stopped as Strider interrupted.

"Hey, you two! Scum, go find us some water to cook with!" He shouted as he turned back around to speak with Refutik, a wimp of a man, probably never worked an honest day in his pampered life.

Immortal spat on the ground as he walked to the river-bend to gather water with his leather side-flask.

"Better to gather the water myself then wait all day for one of these lazy people to get it." he smirked at BCLG as he walked away.

9. Stuck_as_a_Mac

Stuck_as_a_Mac Aptenodytes forsteri

Having heard his name mentioned by someone, somewhere, the everso gossipy SaaMsan looks for the source of the sound.
    He starts walking around, seeing as there is nothing better to do.
    He keeps walking. He has no wife, no kids. Somewhere out there, there is a spirt who hates him and refuses to let him marry and have kids.
    Eventually, he catches up with Strider, Immortal and BCLG.
    "Hey Guys. I have Water"

(pssst... SaaMsan is a self obsessed guy who also happens to follow Yevon. He is not SaaM, as SaaM is not that selfobsessed)

10. Black_Hole

Black_Hole Chieftain

ooo Water, Black_Hole is exhausted from collecting bamboo and supplies for the temple.
    Black_Hole suggests and idea to Zarn:
    'Once we finish the temple, we can have invite Donovan_Zoi, the new mayor of Furuyama, over for a grand banquet to dedicate our new temple"

11. BCLG100

BCLG100 Music Master

"Better to gather the water myself then wait all day for one of these lazy people to get it." Immo smirked.

"Hey Guys. I have Water" Said what looked like a bedragled infant, later we realised it was SaaMsan.

"Oh great another one to look after, Do you reckon any of these have ever seen a sword before?" i asked Immo. Immo had strayed further along the bank picking the High Priest up, somehow he had managed to trip over the grass.

12. Civanator

Civanator Chieftain

*Civanator wondered where Grandmaster BCLG went off too so soon before the expedition. He grabbed his katana and a spear and proceded to track him (12 hours after BCLG left). After running and jogging for a while, he saw Immortal getting water at a river-bend.*

"Hey Immortal, is Grandmaster BCLG around?"

*Immortal motions to where the tree is and Civ walks up to it.*

"Well master, why are you here?"

13. Strider

Strider In Retrospect

It quickly turns dark as the group sits around a small fire eating bread and soup. Several people jump as wolf howls sound fairly close by.

"haha, stop being so jumpy. There not going to come anywhere near this fire." Refutik laughed loudly making several others jump again. "I'm going to go refill are canteens again for the night if everyone would pass them over."

"Okay I'll be back in alittle while," he replied quickly before slipping away into the darkness.

"I'm going to go see if I can wash up some before I get to sleep to," Strider muttered before following Refutik at a much slower pace.

14. BCLG100

BCLG100 Music Master

"Well master, why are you here?"

"I thought it'd be best to be part of the people, to see what they are getting up to, the only way in which we can serv the people is to be part of it. You should try it sometime."

15. GenMarshall

I told Strider to not be so jumpy. "We dont need to be afraid of what is in the wild. Luckly I have the kanta sword and a few self-defense moves". Then I pull out some bread. "I hope everyone would like this bread, Ive noticed that were running low". "What kind of bread is it" Zarn asked. "Its an old recipe, my family calls it brown bread because of the brown sugar"

16. Stuck_as_a_Mac

Stuck_as_a_Mac Aptenodytes forsteri

SaaMsan, upon being called an infant, grabs a sword and starts randomly swinging at some wood. He stops, steps back and reveals a giant circle. "Behold! I call it a circle!"
    "Uhh.. SaaMsan", replies BCLG "that was like that before you swung at it"
    "Oh"

17. GenMarshall

BCLG walks up to me as I was passing out my bread to everyone. "Ahh I did not see you there BCLG, how are the trials comming along with the new trainies"

"They are doing alright, hopefully they will pass" Said BCLG "I see you brought your weapon"

"Well you can never let your guard down, especialy when traveling" I said.

Then I noticed the night was getting later and I started to become a little drowsy. "Well, its best that we all turn in for the night" I said as I walk to my tent.

I enter into my tent and I quickly fell asleep. While I lay there I start to think and hope that we dont encounter any barbarians on our trip.

18. Immortal

Immortal Chieftain

After eating a helping of CivGeneral's bread, Immortal had made his way over to his night post to guard for the night, BCLG welcomed his night off and wished Immortal the best of luck as he retired to his tent.

"Pretty good stuff" Immortal spoke to himself as he picked his teeth with his fingers.

The guard site was an excellent view point, only slightly distanced from the camp. Immortal had a panoramic view of the camp from the hill, he returned his pike to its housing on his back as he peered into the darkness, with horn in hand. The howling of the wolves brought back memories of his childhood in Fanatikku, helping his father chase off the night-time predators. Drifting off into his memory of sitting on a fensepost with his sisters, throwing rocks at the family chickens, and having his father come up from behind him and pull him off the fense by the ear.

"You keep doing that, Ill put YOU in the coop, all of you!" his father chastized him. "Now everyone go help your mother with the washing, except you Immortal, you are cleaning the coop for me. Them? They're too young and immature to know any better, but you should set an example, or they will never grow up."

The sounds of the birds overhead returned him to reality from his memory.

"Quiet Night...again." He thought.

Immortal glanced towards the camp, seeing the campfire had now gone out, yet a torch was still alight, outside of a tent, he couldnt remember whose tent it was. He glanced around towards the forested area to the south of the camp, and panned his vision towards the tall grass.

Suddenly in the tall grass near the camp he saw a rustling. With automatic precision he pulled free his pike, carrying it with one hand as he ran down the hillside carrying with him his horn at his fullest speed. Refraining from sounding the horn until absolutely necessary, he moved into the tall grass, the tops of the grass tickled his chin as he pushed his pike forward to prod the object in front of him.

A yelp of pain too high to be a wolf rose from the grass. Immortal, puzzled called out:

"Alright, whose in here? And why aren't you asleep?"

19. Strider

Strider In Retrospect

"It's just me!!" Refutik answered quickly. "Sorry I was trying to return to camp without waking anyone up. I'm going to head on in now."

Several minutes later everyone is awoken by shouts of "I'll kill you, traitrous scum!!"

Upon finding the source of the noise, everyone see's Refutik pinned down by Strider who is attempting to hit every inch of Refutiks face.

20. BCLG100

BCLG100 Music Master

im sorry but why is refutikl trying to hit his own face? does this need an edit? not role play btw