RR1 -Bond no More !

SB made a spirited attempt to capture Pasargadae, as seen above. The first SoD amounted to nothing, as it suicided against the reinforced defences.

The second one was far more problematic, even though I had time to smack it with a catapult before it assaulted the city. The garrison held, but we took some losses. Unfortunately the RNG decided to give us the finger. I counted three lost fights, where we had >95% odds. :gripe:

SB's forces took the worst of it however, and this is how things stand.

It's possible to counter-attack right now, but none of our units get better than 60something% odds. Probably best to wait. More troops are on their way.

I sent a small stack of a WA/a mace/three trebs against Bactra. On the second-to-last turn the city seemed ripe to fall, with only a badly beaten up longbow defending it. Then SB moved a couple of units there. More :gripe:. Let's hope that they move on the next turn.

New builds were mostly siege weaponry. Someone wished for catapults, so Moscow cranked out a bunch of them. Our newest GG is waiting for orders in Moscow. Do we want a uber-medic?

Lastly, education comes in next turn. What's our research plan? We'll want renaissance units at our disposal before too long.

Attachments

• No espionage Stalin ;) AD-1300.CivBeyondSwordSave
    238.8 KB · Views: 54
Had a glance at the save, looking really good. We'll have another GE to settle next turn. The damaged stack outside of pasgarde should be destroyable without many losses in a few turns. Bactra should be easily takable. Probabely also take hamburg/frankfurt and make peace with SB (he should be willing to talk soon). Then we can focus again on Bismarck.

Ricardo, you're up :p

[Greyfox]Who in the hell thinked that a phant , a mace and a treb were a decent stack?[/Greyfox]

Ok enough gripes. Situation is not helpless, but it could had been easily if the AI was smart....

So , I click enter and:
Spoiler :

This is what you call good news :( Anyway our dear friend SB continued to send units against Pasagardae ( he really loves that city ;) ) and that allowed me to move the ministack to safety. Then SB makes this:
Spoiler :

Who taught tactics to the AI must be proud of such skill :rolleyes: Anyway , when the AI decides to divide her forces, it is time to clean up. And after that ( and in spite of a lone rider persian x-bow attact to Pasagardae ):
Spoiler :

This definitely cleaned some pressure ;)

Anyway, seen that Justinian had grabbed lib ( he's friendly with us, BTW ), I decided to go......
Spoiler :

passing by drama ( we sorely need the culture slider and theaters ). Why? Because I remembered a small thing:
Spoiler :

Yup, who wants extra culture for free? :p Well, I don't know if it works , but it should, and combined with some drafting.....

Anyway, SB, in the end of the turnset was finally willing to talk... but he wanted a city ( Pasargadae :lol: The city should have quite a view ;) ). So IMHO, no way.

And as a side note, Justinian will DoW SB for PP ;)

Anyway some extra info:
Spoiler :

And to end, I OBed with Biz. We had a good event with him and that may allow us some action through his border with SB ;)

Attachments

• No espionage Stalin ;) AD-1390.CivBeyondSwordSave
    252.2 KB · Views: 49
Got it

altough I'm not sure I can play within my time frame so anyone who can play before sunday (busy days ahead...) please swap.

r_rolo1 said:
And as a side note, Justinian will DoW SB for PP
Definitely no deal. PP = monopoly and just and SB have no borders.

I am a bit surprised that SB wants that much for peace. Well then, we gotta have to stomp on him properly so he comes on his knees begging for peace...

My computer was fixed the day before yesterday and today it finished installing BTS, so I can play my turns from now on :) hopefully I didn't miss most of the action.

Edit: It seems my civilization wont update to version 3.17 when I connect it to the internet for some reason, I managed to download the 3.13 patch manually but the 3.17 one just doesn't fully download for some reason. Can anyone help me find a site to download 3.17 patch fast and easy?

I have some PC issues, please put me on autoskip until further notice. Sorry guys... :(

i'll pick it up to play tonight to keep the game going :)

Apologies but i'm posting this from work and i've left the notes at home so everything i type is from memory.

the military build up continued with the troops rallying in Pasargadae before the assault on Hamburg.

Hamburg was only defended by one Xbow and one Knight, so for the loss of one Treb.

we have a GS born in Novgorod which we send to moscow to settle, i did think about a Golden Age mmmm:confused:

Sitting Bull then threw his SOD at us :lol::lol:

A quick scout of Frankfurt with a knight through Germany

The Assault this time cost us two trebs and one cat, quick note for next player, more siege needed ;)

Nationalism came in, start off towards gunpowder/rifling, i couldnt remember the Taj being built, was a bit of a waste keeping the GE but he's still in Moscow

We can see mound city which could be the next target although our economy is beginning to crack

A look at the tech screen, i missed the chance to trade PP:blush:

Should we continue to push at SB or make peace (he'll give us compass with peace) and turn on Bizzy giving our economy a chance to recover

what to do with the GE?

Attachments

• No espionage Stalin _) AD-1490.CivBeyondSwordSave
    266.3 KB · Views: 49
i think this is where we are.

Roster
r_rolo1 - on deck
mystyfly - autoskip :(
Quotey - autoskip :(
BurnEmDown
Ad Hoc - just played
Stuge - UP NOW :goodjob:

BurnEmDown, you're free to play now if you want to. Otherwise I'll take it.

I'd advocate GE rushing Taj, building more troops and keeping at SB but I'm not sure that the plunder money could keep our economy going... :dunno:

Do you think the save will work on 3.13? Otherwise I can't play :\

3.17 saves only work on 3.17 installs.

I sorted out my lagtop problems too so I'm ready for some more action :hammer:

By the looks of it we could really use that GA but I would end wars before kicking it off (=rushing taj). How long has nat been known to other civs?

I can't seem to fix my updating problem so I guess I'll just clear my spot for someone else, thanks for the 1 turnset I played, hehe :).

YES! I did it :) thanks r_rolo1. Got it. So happy I can say that :) (well actually I'm happy since now I can play RFC again :))

I managed to play some turns before having the game killed by a CTD. Bleh. I mostly ceased the military builds in favor of markets etc. Our economy really isn't looking good, we must capture more cities. ;)

Sadly the war isn't going so hot either. Biz signed DP with Justinian, so we'll have to be really strong to take him on. Of course SB is a fine target but we're in danger of loosing our footholds to German culture. Hamburg already suffered a revolt. :(

On the plus side, we'll finish rifling in ~ nine turns, thanks to begging cash and getting RP from Biz for nationalism. Our treasury will contain nothing but an echo then but at least we'll have some serious units.

I also bought economics from De Gaulle with gunpowder and theology. I didn't switch to FM yet, so we can do a double switch if we decide to go for nationhood.

To end on a low note, Taj was already built so the engineer is still sitting in Moscow. We can of course use him direct for a GA, but rushing something like the Pentagon could be nice too.

Attachments

• AutoSave_AD-1510.CivBeyondSwordSave
    266.2 KB · Views: 41
Top Bottom