1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

RR1 -Bond no More !

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Succession Games' started by r_rolo1, Jul 22, 2008.

1. mystyfly

mystyfly Knight of Cydonia

I don't like these FP starts...

We get 2.4 -> 2 :yuck: from these. Moving east won't get us another FP for the same amount of :yuck:, too bad... Probabely still settle 1E to get stone in BFC. We want to get started on GW + mids soon, don't we? ;)

Probabely move scout 2S2W so we see whether we could settle SE or so.

2. r_rolo1

r_rolo1 King of myself

2SE then.....
    Spoiler :

I think that it doesn't change much... but moving 1 E will block some options for 2nd or third city in the east.

3. mystyfly

I wouldn't settle a city E of capital, but probabely one to the south. I'd still settle 1E.
    Just to be sure: W means West and is on the left side of the map :p

4. Quotey

Quotey Chieftain

We've gone mad I think.

I'd settle one space to the right.

5. mystyfly

forgot one "S" there. Will correct...

6. mystyfly

Nah it was right. I meant I wouldn't settle another city E(ast) of the capital but one to the south. So all FPs can be worked. rolo might've gone mad though :lol:

7. BurnEmDown

BurnEmDown Chieftain

1E seems nice, hill stone and forest over 2 forest and what seems like plains, and the 2 lost forests can be chopped to capital anyway.

edit: what kind of turnset rules are we using? and also where can I read those "DM ettiquette rules"?

8. mystyfly

In the OPs of DM SGs :p

Spoiler :
    Alpha: The quality of your report outweighs the quality of your play. We’re here to have fun, and, of course, winning is fun, but losing in style is preferable to a boring win. Remember, your report should be a new reply to alert other players.

Bravo: Reports should be detailed, with plenty of screen shots and player commentary, explanations, musings, etc; an auto-log dump will not suffice. Shots of the F9 screens and overview shots of the empire are nice too, once in a while.

Charlie: Punctuality rocks! “24/48” means post a "got it" within 24 hours of when the last save was posted, and play within 48 hours of that ‘got it.’ Waiting 47 hours to ask for a skip is lame. Punk out two times in a row, and you’ll be dropped from the roster. Skips and swaps are fine, but try to let us know sooner, rather than later.

Delta: Major game decisions (war/peace declarations, religion swaps, city placement, etc) should be arrived at via group consensus.
    1. If the team disagrees with you, either argue your case better, or do it their way. Do NOT just blow them off and do it your way because it's your turn.
    2. However, if there’s no consensus and you’re up, do it your way and explain why. Conversely, if someone else is up, don't whine when they do it their way.
    3. Similarly, overruling techs or city builds is rude and should be done via consensus, barring an emergency.
    4. In extraordinary situations, sometimes an opportunity presents itself that the group didn't foresee. If the consequences of it are great, players should stop, and refer the question to the group.

Echo: Being a better player does not give you the right to belittle anyone else or their play. Other people are going to disagree with you on major decisions; get used to the idea, and play nice. If not, take your ball and go home.

Foxtrot: Thread spam is good. Trash talking, poking fun, gentle ribbing, virtual noogies, and generally horsing around are all encouraged, but don’t be rude.

Golf: Automate sparingly.
    1. Workers should almost never be automated, except perhaps late-game or building a trade network. However, if you have to, set your game options to “disallow automated worker forest chopping” and “keep previous improvements.”
    2. Use of the “Emphasis” buttons is fine, but let the group know and explain your reasoning (specialization is a major game decision). If you prevent growth in a city, let the group know and remind them to take it off. Do NOT let the governor select build orders.
    3. Sending units on go-to routes that last beyond your set is acceptable only if they’re heading for a rally point or if you otherwise inform your teammates. NEVER fortify Great People.

Hotel: There is no Hotel.

India: Sign spamming is rude. Signs can be helpful reminders, but too many signs makes them easily ignored. Once a sign is no longer valid, delete it.

That's from DMIX - though it seems to differ from what I remember...

9. Ad Hoc

Ad Hoc Chieftain

i'm with Burn; i'd settle one east to get the stone in the second ring of the BFC and on the way to the GW and Mids. we might only have to chop the forests on the hills and leave the rest until we can get some health on line

10. BurnEmDown

BurnEmDown Chieftain

So wait, do we take turns on saves 10 turns each or do we all play from best last save and pick the best new save?

11. mystyfly

I think this is an ordinary SG, we play after each other, 10 turns each or so. When are you planning to start rolo?

12. r_rolo1

r_rolo1 King of myself

Tonight

Ordinary SG. Play atleast 10 turns, but feel free to play some more if you feel that is better.

13. stuge

stuge Chieftain

I'd settle 1E. No sense in chasing the corn with this many FPs around.

14. mystyfly

So everyone agrees with me settling 1E :p Altough you might not have understood what I wrote :lol:

Techpath:
    We start with Mining and Hunting. I say start with BW. If there's copper nearby, agri > masonry > wheel > pottery > writing, otherwise switch in archery at some point. Reason I chose pottery before writing is that our worker(s) might just as well cottage these FPs (we'll want them cottaged anyway) and our queue in moscow will be filled with wonders so we can't build a library in a decent amount of time.

Production order: Warrior > worker > (warriors or GW until we hit size 4) > settler (2pop whip) > wonders, more settlers and workers :p

15. BurnEmDown

BurnEmDown Chieftain

Sounds good, so the order of turns is based on the roster?

16. mystyfly

yes.......

17. Ad Hoc

Ad Hoc Chieftain

Do we need agri before masonry/wheel, i wouldn't tend to go for it until after pottery but apart from that seems like a plan:goodjob:

Burn, you follow Quotey, just look for his save, post a got it , play 10 or so turns but most importantly have fun :)

18. mystyfly

Not sure we should avoid agri... We have no farm resource, that's right, but still... We'll likely only have 3F1C tiles to grow. Also improving FPs takes quite some time... But still we won't be able to :whipped: moscow efficiently...

I guess I'm fine with teching agri and avoiding it :D

19. r_rolo1

r_rolo1 King of myself

I think the start calls for BW and Agri before masonry and wheel ......

20. r_rolo1

r_rolo1 King of myself

It is somewhat ironic to use Stalin, that was a little paranoid, to a no espionage game ;) . But.....

Ok, settled 1 E.....
    Spoiler :

And this made me to confirm my ideas that we should do BW->Agri as tech path. Started BW ASAP and a worker ( I know some asked for a warrior, but our workers will be very busy in here..... so the sooner we have one the better )

Our scout started finding neighbours:
    Spoiler :

Both are roughly 1,5 BFC away, Biz to the West, and Darius to the South ... crampy neighbourhood. And this worries me:
    Spoiler :

Don't need to say that seing a Ind leader with stone nearby spoils a little the desired wonderspam party :(

Our scout worked well: money, another scout and :
    Spoiler :

Well, we had already researched more than half of it, but saved turns are saved turns..... We have cooper nearby ( it would be in our original BFC if we had settled in place ).

Some more turns to almost finish agri and to get our first worker.... I decided to stop here. The world as we know it:
    Spoiler :

It is obvious to me that we need to block our neighbours.... which one first?
    I think that the best to do now is to tech wheel and masonry while linking wheat and cooper ( next border pop, in 2 turns, will put cooper inside our borders ) and to make a warrior or two while growing.

mysty... :whipped: :lol:

Attached Files: