RR17 - Rage against the machines

r_rolo1

King of myself
Ok, after the 2-team game we had ( kudos to team B for the win ), and because it is summer, I decided to make a small and short game ;)

Here is our variant:
Code:
- Industrial era start

- Space and time win disabled. Only military victories allowed for the human player ( Conquest or Domination )

- Can't declare war before turn 50
Map options
Spoiler :

Leader
Spoiler :

Start
Spoiler :

Tech tree, for those not used to non ancient starts
Spoiler :

Roster ( only showing the ones that confirmed interest so far )

r_rolo1
nocho
Thrar
astre
LKendter
Sengir
pigswill
lymond
strijder20
vanatteveldt

I'm in, also with no particular civ preference. If we want to showcase general late-era war, maybe it would be nice to have a civ/leader without any particular bonuses there so we can't just rely on those.
Emperor or Immortal sounds fine for me. Deity might be a bit much, but if we want a challenge I'm fine with that as well.

Also nice to see my name spelt correctly. :D

Confirming -
I would like someone with late game UU / UB. Can't recall who has off the top of my head. I think USA is one of the only ones if I recall right.

NO deity please. Immortal is even above my normal.

My Emperor+ should be read as "Emperor or above" . Emperor is fine by me.

On late UU/UB, that is UU/UB that become active in the Industrial era or later ...

Russia

UB : Research Institute

Japan

UB: Shale Plant

Germany

UU: Panzer
UB: Assembly Plant

USA

UU: SEAL
UB: Mall

Panzers :drool: :drool: :drool:

I'm still interesting and would be ok even with a random civ given by the computer. so everything is ok for me. still, replaying WW I&II on german side (germany against the world) could be intereting

for level, i would prefer immortal but imperor is still ok.

I propose marathon speed to trully enjoy the thrill of the war side of the game :)

I'd like to join. Deity is above my level for sure. Used to play Immortal, but it has been some time now.

I don't have any preferences for Leader/Civ, though it would by nice to see some late UU/UB in action.

me me me

US probably has the best late game combo, but I'd like to make a suggestion for traits instead of UUs/UBs which are marginal at best. Imperialistic and Organized is great for late games due to Corps and the high cost of settlers. Therefore, JC is quite strong. Same for Charlie with IMP and Rat and no worries about his terrible starting techs. It should be noted that both UBs you get automatically I believe. The Forum bonus is not great, but actually a nice quick boost for late starts to get out the first couple of GPs for corps. (had a strong IND HOF start with JC) Sushi and Mining being huge...or the other food one depending on the map.

Panzers suck by the way

Mehmed is another interesting option...free Hammams and good traits

Asoka would get the empire up and running quickly, but I think we played him recently...still FWs, Mausos and Organized

Japan is a good late game war monger though and the Shale Plant is actually pretty strong, much better than the Assembly Plant. His units will be nasty but he provides no economic benefit.

Ragnar archipelago immortal (immortal SG = solo emperor).

Ok, as we already have 8 in roster I will make 2 teams again . Will wait until monday for a definite roster sorting and leader choice ( I like the idea of using Japan or USA, but I'm open to suggestions ;) )

I provided several above. Japan could be good for war. JC I think is a strong late game start option.

If we do 2 teams, I think we should have a set Victory Condition. Although I don't think 8 people is really too much for one team. We always run into missed turnsets. Kinda fun to play with everyone achieving the same goal. Any more...yeah...two teams, but you can cut things off now.

I will lurk...too much travel the next month to participate. And I owe RB the last adventure, and I'm not finishing Mansa's Muse on time either...

I've never tried the setting, but assume a good way to avoid rushes would be forbidding putting chops into military units? Or if you want a blunter rule, no offensive war without suitably modern units (Inf/Art/planes/etc).

8 is to much for one-team. So long between your playing people lose interest.

Hey guys,

My holidays are starting Monday, so I won't be able to join I'm afraid. Will certainly lurk!

I'd like to join.
And a vote for Germany.

Ok, sorry, for the delay, but I had some issues in the ISDG ... unfortunately I will not start the game today, but I already took a decision on the civ and the difficulty. So, we will play the USA : I'm extremely partial to their UB, that IMHO would easily be the strongest in the game if it came even at rifle age ;) . We also will go Emperor .... and obviously we will go 2 teams , since a 9-sized roster is way too big.

2 questions:

- leader. No preference

- I'm thinking on a rule to prevent rushes and i think that it would be helpful to only allow war after having units that use oil, uranium or aluminium ( besides gunpowder and siege, where there is not much we can do, unless we want to wait for mechs and mobile arties ). This is pretty much to disallow cav rushes, but I'm not sure if the rule is strong enough ...

ok for US emperor.
For leader, why don't we take total random leader? (stalin for president anyone?)

a proposition to avoid early rush:
If we look at US history, they only declared war to defend someone (I'm not saying they were angel doing that), we could only declare to someone that declared someone.

we could extend that rule a little bit to : a menacing demand, or a spy detected in our kingdom.

Top Bottom