RR4- Spain on a lake..... Again :p

Turn my back for a few days and you guys :hammer::hammer::hammer: the world :lol:

Any idea who's up, or i could play tonight if the team wants

Nearly over :) MMings gone to pot :lol:

Changed Tech to satellites to head for advanced flight as suggested by Greyfox, but then decided to use the spies in Cyrus' city to steal plastics, first spy got caught but second did the job.

First city falls, charlie is blown as there seems to be no significant stacks heading our way. Note Cyrus's battleship, those lovely sailors are bombarding all of Charlies coastal cities.

City 2 :hammer:

Satellites in and head towards Advanced Flight

City 3 :hammer::hammer:

City 4 :hammer::hammer::hammer:

Advanced flight in, the game is just about pressing buttons now, :) Saxon, Regensburg and Florence should be more than enough to take us over the dom limit.

Bit of :smoke: as i've accidently upgraded one of our medic 3's into a gunship :blush:

Just a case of getting as many units over to charlies continent as well as a few sushi reps.

Attachments

• Spain on a lake AD-1950.CivBeyondSwordSave
    534.6 KB · Views: 76
Well, this is clearly pushing to a nice little end with us winning :p

As Thy said he would be unavaliable until next week, I'll pick it and play, probably to the end....

About next game... I have some ideas in mind, but unfortunately atleast one will have to wait until all the persons in the team have 3.19 ( unfortunately it is the variant that looks more interesting to try...... ). I still have some other ideas like playing a AW where you need to win in a non military way, so probably will do that first ;)

Great warring, and good job stealing Plastics :goodjob::hammer::hammer::hammer::thumbsup:

Wonder if we would win by domination or by conquest :mischief: To really page homage to Cuban isolationist, we should try to raze a city :)

Now that we have achieved our only chance at stealing a tech, we should probably funnel the 10% espionage to 10% culture to combat the rising redfaces.

Our extra fighters in Zeila should be moved to the fronline as well for recon mission. It is always good to know what's coming for us.

Good luck!!!! :hammer::hammer::hammer:

First, and answering to Mr Fox: we technically won by Domination, in spite of having the requirements for winning by conquest. But more on that later.....

First, I hit enter and notice that Saladin broken out..... would he vassal?
Spoiler :

So, let me see, you are afraid for those guys that have roughly your power, but not of me? Nice logic .....

Cities started dropping out
Spoiler :

The others 2 cities I got that turn were far less shiny....

And then things started to get extremely wierd... Sury got free from Charlie. Would this be the beggining of a quick Conquest win by vassaling?
Spoiler :

You wished ..... I know this will make me look like some CFC members that rant a lot about the vassaling system, but give me a break: 3 guys , with less than 1/5 of my power each, all afraid of each other more than me? Is this remotely reasonable? I haven't tested ( will do as soon as I finish this report ), but I'm pretty sure that if i had made a cease fire with one of them the others would cap and then i could redeclare and cap the last one. Very, very logical, Firaxis ... :gripe: As we are in gripes mode, I also discovered that a paratrooper can't enter a city with no land units after a paradrop if the city has ships in this game :faint: ( was trying to get that ex-khmer city that charlie had, that, by luck, entered in revolt ). Oh well, extremely logical again.....

P.S I just got back to 1956 autosave and discovered that i could had chain capped and win by dom in 1957 if I had killed exactly 2 or 3 of Sury grens ( not more not less... it has to be exactly 2 or 3, otherwise either Sury or Charlie will be the ones above the average of power and will say that they are fine on their own , with the other afraid of our enemies :lol: ). This allows Sury to cap, and then Charlie ( Sal will not vassal because we still have to kill some units of his..... ). Very intuitive indeed

Some more turns of conquering cities, with some very funny changes of mood and of the excuses ( there was a turn where the 3 stoogges all passed from "we are afraid of your enemies" to "we are doing fine" atleast once, by capture of cities and/or SoD erase..... it is funny because the game was completely under control , but anyway..... ) and we got to 1958, beginning of the turn:
Spoiler :

0,06% of winning :gripe: Anyway, we needed just one tile ( and just one more turn too :p )... So, we got it:
Spoiler :

I knew we we were going to win, but decided to give a look to the diplo screens. And what would know....
Spoiler :
´

The $%&#%$#"# decided to chain vassalize in the turn where I already had enough to win. Thanks dudes, just 4 or 5 turns too late .....

As we were going to win anyway, I just pushed the green button and...
Spoiler :

Save avaliable at request ( I'm already erasing old saves for lack of space :( )

Good game ( and really, really nice holy city/corp HQ revenue ;) ). Will start the next RR game during the week, probably Thursday or later, but I'm undecided between 2 variants: Space win in either AW or AP in a decently high level ( Emperor at least ). What would you prefer?

Congratulations on the win; well you were nicely set without me on the roster :lol:. Anyway, I thought thy was supposed to play the last set...

Well done, guys, but I am dismayed with lack of razing a single city :nono:

:lol:

The vassal dyanmics is really leaving a lot to be desired, but I think it is pretty hard for a single formula to take care of all the situations.

As for next RR game, AP is a fine change of style. :) But with regards to high level (Emperor is fine, but Immortal/Deity will be difficult), AP is both a boon and a bane. On one hand, we could effective ignore military while the AI wouldn't, but it also means we cannot use war to acquire cities to compete with the AI bonuses.

Yes, I would like the final save / replay.

Nice to have won, i though old Cyrus was running away with it at one stage. :goodjob:

Looking forward to next RR :)

Cyrus was definitely running away.... if you check the GNP graphs, the diference between them and anyone else was abyssal and a human controling that empire would had finished the world easily. But we are talking of a AI after all .... :D That and the actions we took to avoid his entrance in our wars and the fact that we stroke him in a moment where he was weak enough to be handled ;)

Top Bottom