RR6 - I am Legend

I think the big decision that we have to do now is if we let Ramesses pass with his army through our lands. I'm not quite convinced it would be a good idea both let him or force him to stay , to say the truth: both have their cons....

We could open them to Ram and close them to Boudi, if you refer to the risk of Boudi taking any of Ram's cities...

Well, I'm not expecting that Rammy wins vs Boudi, that is for sure ;) My problem is what happens if this war drags up to someone gets Feudalism and, because of us being giving boudi far more liberty in terms of war than the one we give to Rammy, that Boudi manages to vassal him... a development that is far from desirable. Other thing that makes me think that it might not be a good idea to stop Rammy of going to attack Boudi is that we will be his worst enemy as soon as his war with boudi ends ( he is already annoyed with us and I don't expect that it will get better ), another thing that we don't want, atleast with Rammy having a unspent army :p

But aren't both problems tackled by OB with Ram and no OB with Boudi? Ram can march through our lands and get his army slaugthered somewhere, while Boudi can't reach Ram. If he won't lose cities to her, he won't cap to her that easily either, would he?
OB also will end up giving some diplo plus in the longer run with Ram and we can always suck up to him with some gifts. After his army is slaughtered I don't see the need to fear him much anyway.

Boudi is the person with whom we have bigger trade routes revenue .... probably not worth closing OB with her. And anyway, we definitely not want to close borders with her before we catch Budhism IMHO....

I think both ways imply future problems: How will we act in case boudi demands to stop deals with rammy? What in case Rammy will??

Nonetheless I agree to rolo not to close borders with boudi before budhism spread to our lands.. But I would open borders for rammy too just to make him suicide his troops to boudi and stop the war as soon as possible and return in wonderspamming mode!!

a very quiet set of doing nothing

the most exciting thing to happen was the arrival of a great prophet, couldn't really decide what to do with him so in the end did nothing and saved him for when we need a GA.

Spoiler :

the rest of the turns were basically building Infrastructure and when possible military,

Currency was learnt and started on CoL on way to CS

a look at Rammies mighty army

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

and a couple of info screens

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Attachments

• RR6 - I am Legend AD-0640.CivBeyondSwordSave
    176.1 KB · Views: 59
I think it is paramount that we trade for construction ;)

Other thing i noticed is that the guy with 2 plains hill riverside gold in his starting BFC already has theology .... so we should expect a budha AP . We definitely need budha in our cities :p

LK is UP, Thy is on deck ;)

It is in the queue.

Queued up for tomorrow. Spent todays free time cleaning up a computer hiccup. Machine back to 100%.

640 AD
I slow down growth in Uruk. No sense in rushing to use more undeveloped tiles.

680 AD
(IT) I generally hate to give away techs, but I give Bismarck literature.
We complete the Great Library.

700 AD
(IT) Code of laws has been researched.

720 AD
:eek: Sury can trade world maps. :eek:

740 AD
(IT) Wang wouldn't trade before, but now he comes offering construction for aesthetics and $50.
I accept the deal.

800 AD
Ramesses ends the war just before Pi-Ramesses would have fallen.

Do i read the tech. screen well and music is still open?

No need to even open the tech screen since prereqs are researched and mousing over it still shows "First to discover receives a GA". Or what did you mean?

Kish city screen is one of the most colorful and interesting I've seen in a while btw :)

I noticed Charley is red handed. It could be the Khmer or us... He's got a little stack in Ulm, so we better send some troops to the southwest.

Bismarck is turning out quite a tech whore as well this game.

Regarding playing, I'm afraid for the weekend I also have enough on my hands right now! :) So you can take it on Sunday, TS. That may allow for some discussion as well.

Well, i must say that the situation is getting ( finally ) interesting ...

First, I could bet my cash that charlie is gunning at us just because we are pressuring him more than Sury ( better said, he is pressuring us, but the AI lacks that level of subtelty :p ) ... well, he can be thinking on sury, that is given as well ( his iMaxWarNearbyPowerRatio is 100 and both us and sury fall under that ) but some caution ( and troops ) would be advisable

It is interesting to see that Biz is gaining traction ... in fact he should be sporting maces now. Oddly Sury decided to go paper via Theo ( it is rare to see a AI do that ) ... with some luck we will be able to broker some techs between this two.

Anyway, i think it would be advisable to get machinery and/or feudalism soon. Just for safety reasons... and if in fact Charlie dows Sury, that would be a good time to grab some land of the guy that was fool enough to go Tao :p

Oh, and about who plays... no prob in waiting for sunday , as long as one between thy and nocho actually plays ;)

P.S That stack in ulm is a revolt stopper. Both us and Sury are putting quite a pressure there ( who said to the AI that was a good idea to settle a crappy desert land between two cre LH cities? :p That is one major gripe I have about Blake's aproach to the AI, they are simply too land hungry for their own good ... )

P.S II : @ LK : Do you have any idea of when Charlie decided to start gearing it's war machine? And by acident did you rejected any demand from him? Just trying to determine if Charlie is planning a Total War or a Limited War. His XML values allow both a limited war or a total war vs us, but only total war vs Sury ( his upper limit for a limited war is 60 .... we fit in there ATM, Sury don't )

The only demand during my set was giving away literature.

I don't know when Charlie went war ready...

Finished my turnset so far.. For now I'll only post the save.. Await the report tomorrow!

Edit:
I'm sorry for the delay but finally here's the report:

IT:
Some MM.

860:
Finally we got it:
Spoiler :

But I didn't change as we're neither boudies nor charlies nor rammy's first target but we may become afterwards. And both rammy as well as charly may just roll us over.. So weshould await a few mor dows before going bud.

920:
AP-vote:
Spoiler :

Once again I decided not to show our colours..

940:
Decisions:
Spoiler :

--> NO!

Spoiler :

--> Thought quite a while but as declining wouldn't make us her worst enemy I said NO!

And Civil Service came in. Continiued with feud hping to get quite a good trade (Noone wanted to trade CoL and Aest or feud so I decided to invest a few beakers)

Even though we didn't discuss I changed civic. Hopefully you won't blame me too much for thiss.. ;)

BTW: Boudi won AP vote..

1000:
Charly came asking for this trade:
Spoiler :

As nearly everyone already has Aest I accepted.
And to the barbarian city we're bit late:
Spoiler :

1010:
Once again hard decisions:
Spoiler :

Once again I declined.

1020:
We got a mission:
Spoiler :

1040:
As there was no real opportunity for a good feud trade I simply finished on our own.. Maschinery selected as placeholder.

So here I finished.. I left the GP unused! So time for decisions. I'd merge him into our capital.. And the first spy is stationed in memphis to start culture spreading.. So we should discuss wheather to start it right now or keep waiting..

Attachments

• RR6 - I am Legend AD-1040.CivBeyondSwordSave
    204.5 KB · Views: 66
Top Bottom