RSG03 (Deity) - Random Attempt at Redemption

Sir Bugsy

Civ.D.
Having failed at our last attempt, we will try another completely random draw.

The team is:

Gurra <= up
Menelann <= on deck
Olodune
Beorn
Bugs <= just played

If my memory serves, Gurra has some restrictions. I would prefer to not play with a mod and make this straight up deity since my standard gaming machine pukes all over my desk with a mod. :vomit:

Therefore, Gurra if you would be so kind to roll three completely random starts and we will choose which we will run with.

No pressure, Gurra, but we really need that start to be great. Really great. We need it. No pressure.

Okay then. I rolled three starts with the same DLCs activated as for the Portugal save. I figured that's good since we were all able to load the save in the previous game. So: all civ DLCs + the wonder DLC but none of the maps.

As for map settings:
- Deity difficulty
- Standard speed & map size
- Shuffle map (more random than Random! this is the one we had with Dido)
- Disable Start Bias for more random start locations

Now for the starts:

1. Persia
A Grassland/River/Coast start. Stone and Marble nearby so Stone Quarries could be a nice Pantheon. Not a bad start but not an overly exciting one either, in my opinion. The other two are more interesting.
Spoiler :

2. France
Napoleon in the desert. Lots of Flood Plains and our Settler starts out on a nice hill. Would be a nice start for a culture victory, I think. This is my personal favourite.
Spoiler :

3. Byzantium
Theodora makes a return from RSG1 where she was one of our final opponents. Another nice hill start with Marble+Gems and even if it's on riverless Plains there is Wheat, Sheep and Fish nearby to feed the capital.
Spoiler :

Attachments

• RSG3_Darius I_0000 BC-4000.Civ5Save
    512 KB · Views: 228
  • RSG3_Napoleon_0000 BC-4000.Civ5Save
    507.2 KB · Views: 170
  • RSG3_Theodora_0000 BC-4000.Civ5Save
    513.2 KB · Views: 152
Nice maps -> They all look pretty strong to me. Theodora will need Cargos. I'd order them in slight preference:

Byzantines
France
Persia

Sorry for spamming, but how do these games work? I couldn't find any official rulebooks :lol:

I'd rate Nappy's starting location a tick above Theo, with Persia being a distant third

Sorry for spamming, but how do these games work? I couldn't find any official rulebooks :lol:

I'd rate Nappy's starting location a tick above Theo, with Persia being a distant third

It's quite simple actually. We work out a general strategy together, and then we take turns playing 10 turns each according to a play order (there is a temporary one in the first post). And as you can see if you look at any SG threadwe post turnlogs of what has happened along with a few screenshots after or during our turnset. You are welcome to join us if you want!

And my start location rating is the same as yours. Napoleon's looks a little bit nicer than Theodora's, although hers also looks quite nice. The lesser amount of food with plains and no rivers is what kicks hers down a notch for me. Also, I haven't had a chance to play BNW France yet (only played the vanilla version) so that would be fun to try.

The Byzantine start has no river but the best resource diversity. I have a good feeling about it. OTOH France has an easy pick of pantheon and we could go for take 2 on the Liberty-Petra gambit. Whichever one we choose, I'll definitely be trying the other in a single player game.

It's quite simple actually. We work out a general strategy together, and then we take turns playing 10 turns each according to a play order (there is a temporary one in the first post). And as you can see if you look at any SG threadwe post turnlogs of what has happened along with a few screenshots after or during our turnset. You are welcome to join us if you want!

And my start location rating is the same as yours. Napoleon's looks a little bit nicer than Theodora's, although hers also looks quite nice. The lesser amount of food with plains and no rivers is what kicks hers down a notch for me. Also, I haven't had a chance to play BNW France yet (only played the vanilla version) so that would be fun to try.

It sounds like a lot of fun. Tell you what, if you work out a plan and have a slot, I can join in. I obviously can't play before 5pm CET but other than that, it's a go.

Once you've picked a map and the first 10-20 turns have been played, I could join in on brainstorming a gameplan

I agree with Beorn on the rivers. Napoleon has has a lot of food potential there.

I go: Nap, Theo, Darius

cheers, will do :)

alright, have you picked the map yet. I definitely like the France start. It should be an amazing Petra city but the location seems great enough without it.

Also, the "no exploits" rule means what exactly? No worker-steals? No pillage-repair? No WLTKD-DoW, no Take-out-all-gold-then-backstab? Did I miss something

Could I join in the next one of these by any chance please?

Oh this should be fun, Blood Thirsty one joins forces with the forum's resident Peacemongering Turtlesaurus :lol:

Menelann hasn't posted in a month, so 5 - 1 + 2 = a 6-player SG would be pretty decent.

If I only have to play <50 turns, I can guarantee that I'll take my turn in 12 hours or less.

yeah, besides those guys here are pretty good :D

I'd like the game to start as soon as possible though, I'm all kinds of stoked :lol:

also, it wouldn't be a bad idea to limit it to 15-20 turns. 10 May be too small and anything over that and not all may see action :lol:

Traditionally the first player plays 20 turns and then everyone plays 10 turns after that. There were some occasions in Civ III or Civ IV where in the very late game we reduced the playing to five turns just because it took so long.

OK, here's what we'll do:

Gurra <= up
Menelann <= awaiting a check in
Olodune
Beorn
Stormtrooper
Consentient
Bugs

Welcome aboard folks.

Here's what we have so far for map selection:

France: Bugs, Gurra, stormtrooper, Beorn(1/2)
Byzantine: Olodune, Beorn (1/2)

While we let the rest of the team vote, we need to think about our overall strategy.

I see three things we need to focus on:

1. Science
2. Military
3. Economy

Unfortunately the folks at Firaxas made those two different tech paths and one of the reasons why Deity is difficult.

Here are some things we need to discuss right at the start:

Social policies
Tech path
Builds
Expansion

Top Bottom