RSG5 Emperor 20K

I say keep Sumeria out of our war, I've found that adding unwanted guests to the party lets them get too many of the goodies. Besides, it looks like we are winning. We can turn everythng we take into science farms, we'll need them to ge the tech lead, and they'll help unit support for the eventual Sumerian beatdown. Looks like a successful turnset.

Edit: By the way, I did a 20K with Sumeria with the capital as the 20K and finished in 1800. Not bad, if I do say so.

I agree with Overseer. If we can win without Sumeria, keep them out of it. We want to gobble up the Celts ourselves.

Raliuven, I'm psyched the war is going as well as it is. I was really afraid I'd gotten overextended. I trust your sense of the tactical situation but agree with the arguments above. Having Sumeria join against the Clets is probably asking for trouble. If they don't do much against them, we've gained nothing. if they do too well, we strengthen Sumeria for an eventual showdown. The best we could hope for is a meat grinder, weakening them both for us to swoop in and pick up the pieces.If we manage to cripple the Celts quickly, or have set backs,we'd suffer rep loss declaring peace while still allied.

Sorry about the delay, I am going to try to finish tonight. I don't have strong feelings about the alliance, I was just suggesting a use of the tech. I hate watching it go to waste. We will press on alone!

Okay here is my set. And though I didn't say it before, splunge - you left me with a nice set up. Lot of cats and units, I am just more cautious in war so I stacked our units up a bit.

Continued

IBT - crusader and a LB advance on Entremont which riots. A 3/3 LB suicides on our 5/5 sword and dies flawlessly.

Turn 143 (280AD)

Make scientists in Entremont and set it to starve.
Chonju: Library=>galley

Artillery at Entremont drop crusader to 1/3 (building them without a barracks should be a crime) and the LB to 1/3.

5/5 sword vs 1/3 crusader - win, -2hp and . . . GL1 - Yi Song-gye appears. :woohoo:

Immediately form an army and load with two swords. Form the Yi Old Army (1st Sword Army). 8/8 sword vs 2/3 LB - win, -1hp, promote elite.

IBT - Receive HE message. See Sumerian galley to the west.
LB advances on Haeju.

Turn 144 (290AD)

P'yongyang: University=>HE (due in 9t)
Wonsan: Sword=>Sword
Cheju: Sword=>Barracks (grrr missed there was no barracks before building the sword).
Resistance ends at Camulodunum.

Defense of Haeju: 4/4 horse vs 3/3 LB - flawless win.

Advance sword & Horse on Glanum.
Dial research back to 30%, PP in 7t @ +6gpt.

IBT - LB advance on Entremont
LB out of Glanum suicides on Sword and dies flawlessly. This is not a good game to be a LB.
Sumerian galley sails to our north, probably wants to plant a city up there.
Two LB and an archer advance on Entremont but one LB is blocked by our army.

Turn 145 (300AD)

Pyongsong: Horse=>Horse
Manp'o: Horse=>Library
Entremont has no more resisters. Swap all to scientists and starvation.
5/5*sword joins army to bring it to 14/14 health and send it into Celtic territory to cause trouble.

Cats at Entremont go 4/5 (love those cats!) and redline the LB & archer.
5/5 sword vs 1/3 archer - win, -2hp. 4/4 horse vs 1/3 LB - flawless win.

Battle for Glanum - 4/4 horse vs 3/3 spear - win, -2hp. 4/4 sword vs 3/3 spear - lose, -2hp, promote to vet. Send a reinforcing horse.

No more resisters at Augustodrum. Move swords forward to restart western campaign.

IBT - We add a west wing to our palace.
LB advances on Entremont which starve.
Sumerian galley continues to the north. I leave a horse up there just in case.

Turn 146 (310AD)

Cats redline approaching LB at Entremont. 4/4 horse vs 1/3 LB - flawless win.

Battle for Glanum - 4/4 horse vs 4/4 spear - retreat, -1hp. Darn! Send two more horses to reinforce.

Advance on Alesia with sword army and 4 other swords and a cat.

IBT - Crusader & LB advance on Entremont.

Turn 147 (320AD)

Seoul: University=>Sword
Namp'o: Sword=>Sword
Hyangsan riots - not sure how I missed that. Give them a joker.
Pyongson riots (grrr) - reassign to a high gold tile.
Suwon: Library=>Barracks
Tokch'on: Library=>Galley

Cats by Entremont redline incoming LB. 4/4 horse vs 1/3 LB - win, -1hp.

Battle for Alesia - 14/14 sword vs 3/3 spear - win, -4hp. Capture city. Wow. What happened there? 3 resisters (of 8). Start a spear. That takes a lot of pressure off Entremont. Start spear & starvation plan.

Advance 4 swords and cat against incoming crusader. Sword army will head back to clean up the pressure on Entremont.

Swap Hyangan from sword to settler.
Swap Pyongsong from horse to settler.
Swap Paegam from spear to settler.

Rest stack by Glanum.

IBT - crusader kills a sword, -1hp.
2 LB from Gergovia appear to threaten Cheju.

Turn 148 (330AD)

Camulodunum: Worker=>Worker
Hyangsan: Settler=>Sword
Ulsan: Sword=>Sword
Taegu: Library=>Galley

Cats redline crusader, 5/5 sword vs 1/3 crusader - flawless win.
Advance sword army on Verulamium backed by two horses. Top defender is a 3/3 spear.

Defense of Cheju - 4/4 sword vs 3/3 LB - win, -2hp.

Swap inch'on from sword to settler.
Science up to 40%, PP in 2t @ -18gpt.

IBT - Sumeria wants us to join them against the Ottomans. What? They are practically dead. Take a hike.

Celts are asking to talk. They are still being stubborn and won't give anything up. No thanks We'll just take everything then.

LB by Cheju retreats. That's right! You better run!

Turn 149 (340AD)

Seoul: Sword=>Sword
Resistance at Alesia ends and starves.
Wonsan: Sword=>Settler
Cheju riots. Hire a clown.
Celts are building the AoW.

Battle for Verulamium - 10/14 sword vs 3/3 spear - win, -1hp. 9/14 sword vs 3/3 spear - win, -1hp. Capture city and KT! 2 of 4 resisters. Starve city. Start barracks.

Battle for Glanum - 4/4 horse vs 4/4 spear - win, -2hp. 4/4 horse vs 3/3 spear - retreat, -1hp. 4/4 horse vs 2/3 spear - flawless win. Capture city. 1 of 2 resisters.

Stop here. Lots of unit with movement left for next player to plan strategy.

We have PP due in 1 turn @ -17gpt. P'yongyang is building the HE due in 4t. All captured Celtic cities are starving down. The next target should be Gergovia to free up our center. Most of the Celtic cities are producing regular spears & LBs.

There is one settler crossing over to the west to settle some of the empty lands. We are building several settlers to alleviate cities of population that are unhappy. The pyramids are really helping with our growth but we can't afford any more luxury taxes.

Civilian units:
Settler: 1
Workers: 15
Slaves: Many

Military units:
Archers: 1
Spear: 2
Swords: 15 (3 in army)
Cats: 7
Horseman: 9
Army 1: 14/14 sword

Unit Support:
Total Units: 50
Allowed Units: 33
Support Cost: -34 gpt

Enemies/Hit list:
Celts=> Republic=> Strong compared to =>Peace=>13 cities (-4)
Ottomans=>Republic=> Strong compared to=>Peace=>4 cities (-3)
Sumeria=>Republic=> Weak compared to=>Peace=>22 cities (+5)

We have 27 cities (+5)

Victory
Need 20,000 culture in P'yongyang.
1049 (+285) culture, 31 (+9) cpt (20,000 culture in 611 turns [2271] at current pace. :D)
HE due in 4t.

And some pictures of the battlefields:

Attachments

• RSG5 340ADend.SAV
    214.7 KB · Views: 161
That is great progress! The MGL is great news. An army and Heroic Epic are just what we need.

After Heroic Epic, we need to build a courthouse, a colosseum, and a prebuild for Shakespeare's Theater. There is a tradeoff between rushing the buildings and getting to Free Artistry ASAP; we need to look at this carefully.

Who is up? Our roster is a bit confused at the moment.

Awesome! Finishing the university in time to start HE was perfect timing.
So what's next for Pyongyang? Colloseum, prebuild for Shakes?

Don't be afraid to MGL rush in your 20K city. Every little bit helps.

The order is a little messed up. I think that either Toxic or Overseer have a turn coming otherwise it is back to CKS. I haven't been the most attentive player as of late due to some RL junk. Toxic, Overseer - can eitehr of you pick up the game over the weekend?

Roster
Raliuven
CKS
splunge the 2nd (just played)
Elephantium (needs a skip)
Toxicman007 (Playing)
TheOverseer74

Well, it's been more than a week. If anyone else wants to pick it up, say so now. Otherwise I will play tomorrow. I'll post a got it then.

I had some time.

Pre-turn:

Move some troops towards Richborough. Review the situation.

IBT:

PP > Music Theory

Pusan: Mkt > Uni
Sariwon: Rax > Sword

Turn 1 (350 AD):

Sword kills LB N of Gergovia

IBT:

LB kills the Sword I just sent
Horse kills our Horse near Richborough
LB suicides on a Spear near

Seoul: Swords
Chonju: Galley > Uni
Tokch'on: Worker > Harbor

Turn 2 (360 AD):

Our Horse kills theirs and scouts out the region. Richborough is getting one LB, one Archer as reinforcements-but they'll likely kill our Horseman as they come :(

IBT:

LB suicides on our Sword at Burdigala
Horse lost to LB at Richborough

Namp'o: Swords
Ch'ongfu: Worker > Treb

Turn 3 (370 AD):

Sword kills LB at Richborough.
Sword kills Spear at Burdigala.
Horse kills LB at Suwon

IBT:

P'yongyang: HE > Colosseum
Augustodorum: Trebs
Chinje: Trebs

Turn 4 (380 AD):

Army kills Spear at Lugdunum

Sword kills Spear at Burdigala and takes the city!

IBT:

Things are quiet...

Turn 5 (390 AD):

Richborough:
Sword kills Spear
Sword dies
Sword kills 3/4 Spear
Sword kills 2/3 Spear and takes the city :D

Horse dies on Archer N of Richborough
Sword finishes it off

Taegwon founded between Alesia and Verulamium.

Yi Old Army kills a Spear at Lugdunum...and then dies on the point of the second one :cry:

Lindum:
Horse dies
Horse dies
Horse dies :wallbash:

IBT:

Wonsan: Swords
Cheju: Rax > Sword
Manp'o: Lib > Uni

Turn 6 (400 AD):

I move some troops, but it's otherwise a quiet turn.

Bad luck with the army.
Are you going to finish the 10?
If no one surfaces, am I on deck?

Are we rushing the colliseum or using it as a prebuild? How's the cash situation?

No - I meant that as a handoff.

The cash situation is *really* tight. I meant the Colosseum as a regular build, to be followed ASAP by Bach's.

Our situation has changed dramatically. :)

Initial thoughts:
We didn't beeline Free Artistry. The detour to music theory leaves us about 30 turns away from Shakespeare's Theater. We have 3 turns to go on the colosseum, then 4 on a courthouse. Thereafter we should be at 25+ spt. This will mean 18 turns to ST. If we try 3 turns on the colosseum, then Bach's, then ST we will be looking at 3+25 turns before starting ST and a delay of about 16 turns on ST. We'll probably net +5 spt with ST (7 or 8 with a courthouse, too), so this is a significant issue. My priority has to be getting us to free artistry faster, so that we can go ST (8 cpt + 5 spt) then Bach's (6 cpt). If we can get the cash for a courthouse, I'll rush it, but research has to be the priority.

Turn 0:
MM to get Music Theory in 1 turn.
IBT: Richborough comes out of resistance. A crusader is born. Inch'on builds a settler, starts another. Sariwon sword to horse. Taegu barracks to horse.

Turn 1: Send galley east into the ocean. Other galley goes north, headed east. Troops move roughly toward Gergovia. Celts will give a couple of small towns for peace. If we can take Gergovia, which exerts some cultural pressure, and maybe something else big, we can think about peace. MM banking in 9 with +2 gpt.
IBT: Sumerians kill off Ottomans. 2 longbows leave Gergovia. Seoul sword to settler. Camulodunum worker to worker. Nampo sword to sword.

Turn 2: Galley dies. Treb hits regular longbow. Sword dies to 2/3 longbow. 2nd sword kills it. 3rd sword promotes to 5/5 killing other longbow. Build Sokch'o.
IBT: Longbow advances on Richborough. Pyongyang colosseum to Bach's. Hyangsan sword to settler. Ulsan sword to settler. Kaesong galley to galley. Celts learn astronomy.

NOTE: This is a big deal. Now we can do Copernicus' Observatory instead of Bach's Cathedral, saving us 8 turns on Shakespeare's Theater and getting the same culture per shield along the way. We will want to get astronomy before reaching 400 shields, so we can switch to Copes. This sets us up for 17 turns to Copes, then 19 turns to ST. If we can get a PP for Astronomy deal, we may be able to get Bach's after ST.

Turn 3:
Swords march toward Gergovia. Cats bomb longbow, elite sword kills redlined longbow and generates a GL. :) As we have no small wonders on the horizon, we'll turn him into a crusader army - crusaders can't upgrade, so they are good for an army. MM Banking in 8.
IBT: Seoul settler to settler. Longbow leaves Lindum.

Turn 4: Horse redlines and retreats from regular longbow, now 2/3. :( Move some swords nearby. Swords march toward Gergovia. Crusader army forms; we await one more crusader's birth.
IBT: Longbow kills horse. Longbow leaves Gergovia.

Turn 6: Sword kills Lindum longbow. Trebs redline longbow, esword kills it.
IBT: Longbow advances on Richborough. Seoul settler to sword. Wonsan sword to settler. Pusan university to settler. Crusader is born. Sariwan horse to settler. Sumerians start Leo's.

Turn 7: Advance on Gergovia. Bomb and kill longbow near Richborough.
IBT: Nampo sword to university. Pyongsong sword to settler. Taegu horse to harbor.

Turn 8: Bomb Gergovia, 2 hits. Swords go 4/6 to take city. Build Hamhung.
IBT: Seoul sword to sword. Augustodurum treb to library. Cheju sword to library. Chinje treb to harbor.

Turn 9: Advance on Lugdunum.
IBT: Gergovia comes out of resistance.

Turn 10: Turn scientists into tax collectors so banking comes in one but we make some money. Crusader army kills spear, sword kills spear at Lugdunum. Sword notices a longbow, kills it. Galley makes it to a foreign border: We meet the Inca. Trade engineering for communications and 6 g, then again for communications plus 1 g.
Hittites and Babylonians know the Sumerians. The Russians and Inca do not. H&B won't give anything for theology, but Russia will: trade theology for feudalism plus 2 g plus 35 gpt. Our money woes ease.

Handoff Notes: As soon as astronomy spreads, we need to trade for it, probably by making peace with the Celts. Take as big a chunk from them as we can, but don't kill them off unless we have astronomy. Do not trade music theory to anyone! Switch Pyongyang to Copernicus' Observatory. Continue toward free artistry ASAP. Build ST after Copes. Then add in workers to get us all our shields - we'll also want to work the fish. After we learn free artistry, drop research to 0 for a couple of turns so that we can rush a courthouse after ST. Have a unit available to disband, so we can build the courthouse in one turn. Then start on Bach's. If we don't trade Music Theory, there is a good chance that we can get it. Research then needs to head for ToG.

Attachments

• RSG5 490AD.SAV
    225.4 KB · Views: 193
  • RSG5_490.jpg
    RSG5_490.jpg
    498.7 KB · Views: 230
Top Bottom