RtW - no war?

Rabbs

Chieftain
My windows was re-installed recently, so I had to go back through all the downloads of updates, reloading games, and all. I did so with Civ IV, then searched for the RtW Mod update. I came here, went to "deanej"'s link to Atomic Gamer, downloaded the...patch I guess, and put it in the Mod folder, taking out the Firaxis basic one.

Loaded Civ IV, it showed all the options (Pacific and Europe options, and 1936 Global Assault - normal and Hitler/Hirohito(?) ones as well). I've been wanting to do a Global Assault for a while, but first I didn't get to it and my computer crapped up (re-install) and now:

No war? I tried the US, 1936 Global Assault, went until...January Fortnight 2, 1942 - no Pearl Harbor attack, no US entering the war. Did it again, 1936 Global Assault (Hitler/Hirohito one), US until the beginning of 1942 again, no war.

Ok, so I thought I'd try Russia, since they start some action earlier. Went to December 1939, no invasion of Poland. All of these were doing "Historically Accurate". I don't know what else I could do, but if there is an easy fix (change a file...something in game) that someone knows about, I'd love to know!

I haven't tried any other options of the Mods (Europe/Pacific 1938, 39, 40?, whatever the years are) and have only done the Global Assault on Historically Accurate. My next try is...close to historically accurate (I forget all the specific names). I thought maybe something got switched, Historically button was switched with "close to Historically" somewhere in the data, but it's definitely not open, I can't attack just anyone.

Again, if anyone knows anything, any way to fix this (...and I'd hate to have to re-download since my connection is crappy, but I can!) I'd appreciate the info!!

Thanks!!! :goodjob:

I am not sure but with the UE version, but I think I simply added the files to the original ones and overwrote the ones that were there already.

Everything I saw to update the Mod is take out the Road to War folder that came with the game, insert the RtW folder that came with the download. If you just overwrite the files...which files? Because there are folders inside folders inside folders...I gave up trying to figure out what already existed and what was new.

I did notice the maps are new (obviously, getting only 3 choices with the game), but didn't know if you just copy maps or if other info is needed?

Also, tried for the "Random Historical Events" as Russia and nothing. China still at war with China, but I ended up just going into the World Editor thing to make war happen...not as much fun that way! :(

Am I the only one who has had this problem? Kind of weird, I just downloaded the thing like all the instructions say and this happens....guess I could try again, at a different spot...something.

Are you running Win7 ? It has problems with "new or updated mods.
(see my thread in my sig)

Nope, Windows XP. It's only the UE version....and even then not all of it, just the 1936 Global Assault one...of course the one I want to play! :(

Top Bottom