RTW2 Questions...

jrregan

Chieftain
Does anybody know...

Do you loose the household retainers you replace? I replaced a +1 Moral with a +5% Armor. Or do they go back to the pool.

What do you have to do to recover from the plague. Is it just sit in country and suffer until it runs its course?

Is there an multi-autosave in RTW2 ala Civ4 & Civ5?

Does the game delete saved files after a period of time? I seem to recall saving a lot more then a couple times, but only saw the recent ones when I tried to reload. I checked the save game folder and they where in there.

thanks in advance,
Joseph

1. They go back to the pool, which quickly becomes gigantic. From recollection they die if the general they're attached to is killed, otherwise they're permanent (yes, retainers that represent people can live for several hundred years, another stunning example of realism in a Total War game).

2. Plague is an event - events have a timer, and the effects last until the timer runs out (the hourglass at the bottom left of the page that alerts you to them). They aren't interactive (except for dilemmas, the events that offer you several options to choose from), so no there's nothing you can do about them.

No idea about the others, but I see reams of saved games in the standard menu.

Phil,

Thanks. Finally noted the retainers returning to the pool. Just takes another turn or two that I didn't wait.

I got 'plagued' pretty early, so I just nuked game and restarted. Will make sure to check for a time indicator next time.

I guess I wasn't saving as much as I thought. This was the first time I tried to run a full campaign. Was just experimenting before, and deleting everything and starting over.

thanks much,
Joseph

Top Bottom